Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger last night.

I was gonna wait until friday to order in case there's a black friday discount but it didn't look like it was gonna happen at this point and it was my last chance to get it by the end of the week. It's gonna be perfect to finish Spider-Man and replay Witcher 3 on. :steam_pigblanket:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Probably your bank charging for currency conversion?
First you pay conversion in conversion to and then again in conversion from in refund.

Should be illegal imo. EU pls.
Think it’s more that the SEK became just a little bit weaker . They sent me the same amount of SEK but in euro it became less now than a week ago.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
I will further explain the joke I was trying to make.

On Steam there is stuff that is region locked, some of Bandai stuff Is region locked in Japan.

I'm sure that you have already experienced the whole Naruto is on sale for 0% off and when you click on the sale banner you are lead to the page said that the game is not available in your region.

Idolmaster is one of the few (the other being Super Robot Wars games) that are region locked outside of Japan.

So Steam Japan gets Idolmaster when the rest of the world (well a decent portion of it) gets stuff like Naruto.

Naruto is nice and all by why can't we also have idols as well?
Meanwhile in SEA having both :evilblob:

Jokes aside really do hope the future releases of SRW can follow the same precedent of SRW 30 and always have worldwide release. As for IM@S we can only hope

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
you have a 4090?

The best value for money processor out there, so congrats.

the 5800x3D will still be a bottleneck.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Saw my first Steam Deck in the wild today. Wish I hadn't lol. It's a beautiful device, and didn't look nearly as unwieldy as I thought it would given it's size. :thinking-face:

Definitely adding to my wishlist for some day down the road. Would love to have one when things settle down for me. Really seems like the perfect "indies in bed" machine. :whistle:

Edit: Oh right, happy Thanksgiving my fellow 'Muricans. 🦃

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

Pixel Games UK released a collection of Videopac games – 10 out of the 60 that were released for the system; I assume they will gradually release the rest as well. Note that several of Videopac games are also available on The Internet Archive...and more importantly, manuals are available there, as opposed to the Steam release. And these games do not explain anything to the player. Some gameplay elements are more obvious than others, but I'd generally recommend to check the manuals first.
I like that they release these games since I grew up with them (I only played two of the games featured in this collection back in the day, however: we didnt have a huge collection)...but I kinda wish they had more features attached.

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
I just finished what ended up being a completely new computer build due to the size of the 4090/black friday deals at Microcenter. Purchased all this over the past three months. At least no pressure to upgrade until 2025.

CPU: 7950x
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X670E-E
Ram: 64GB DD5 6000 Ram (Free funny enough thanks to MC cart glitch)
GPU: MSI Gaming Trio 4090
PSU: MSI AI1000 PCIE5 1000W
Case: Fractal Design Torrent (at least anything fits in here but really sucks to move back to ATX from SFF)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 4TB & Samsung 870 Evo 4TB plus storage from previous build.
Monitor: LG C2 42 Inch.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Saw my first Steam Deck in the wild today. Wish I hadn't lol. It's a beautiful device, and didn't look nearly as unwieldy as I thought it would given it's size. :thinking-face:

Definitely adding to my wishlist for some day down the road. Would love to have one when things settle down for me. Really seems like the perfect "indies in bed" machine. :whistle:

Edit: Oh right, happy Thanksgiving my fellow 'Muricans. 🦃
I’ve been meaning to ask, how are you holding up? What’s new?

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com

Apparently a new AAA Aliens game is in development and is being developed by Grasshopper Manufacturer.
I don't think Grasshopper has ever made a game I'd consider "AAA", unless we're counting Shadows of the Damned.

Also, Aliens, eh? Big time license, I guess being part of Netease is opening some doors for ole Suda. :coffee-blob:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Nothing in the sale for me so far. But did grab Darktide last night. Should be giving it a go with a group of friends later.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Do you limit your fps on a GPU level ? I just read that higher fps = lower latency, which seem cool, but on the other hand wouldn't that block GSync from working and risk frying your GPU (New World) ?

Hektor Our energy bill is coolio in France, no idea what happened. Just received a 230 euros refund for overpayment and the monthly bill will be 40-50 less next year.
Sorry, don't want to rub it in, I'm just still so happy.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I don't think Grasshopper has ever made a game I'd consider "AAA", unless we're counting Shadows of the Damned.

Also, Aliens, eh? Big time license, I guess being part of Netease is opening some doors for ole Suda. :coffee-blob:
I welcome devs like Grasshoper being given a license like Aliens. It's not like most big name studios have done it justice, CA being the exception. Hopefully some of their quirky weirdness is still present.

• This!
Reactions: hersheyfan

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Do you limit your fps on a GPU level ? I just read that higher fps = lower latency, which seem cool, but on the other hand wouldn't that block GSync from working and risk frying your GPU (New World) ?
With a 144Hz freesync/gsync compatible monitor, I do a bit of trial and error the first time I play a game and go with whatever feels the best for me.

I start with no framerate limit and with gsync and vsync on together (there's still tearing if vsync is off and the framerate goes beyond the max refresh).
Then when I start playing, if it feels off to me, I then cap the framerate either using the in-game limiter or RTSS, depending on what feels best for me.

Reactions: Li Kao

TiV1L

Sep 20, 2019
Terroir is FREE at GOG:
Giving away games that (almost) nobody wants wont get them any attention or market share. Why dont they start doing aggressive deals in more recent and popular games, you know, like steam did back in the early days? Like, for example, red dead 2 for 5$ or divinity original sin 2 for 3$ idk, that for sure will increase the traffic...
Maybe I am just sick and tired of reclaming these games and never playing them, why dont try a new approach? Perhaps they gave up already...

• Eyes
Reactions: sk2k and lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Giving away games that (almost) nobody wants wont get them any attention or market share. Why dont they start doing aggressive deals in more recent and popular games, you know, like steam did back in the early days? Like, for example, red dead 2 for 5$ or divinity original sin 2 for 3$ idk, that for sure will increase the traffic...
Maybe I am just sick and tired of reclaming these games and never playing them, why dont try a new approach? Perhaps they gave up already...
GOG doesn't set the discount prices, the publishers do.

Reactions: lashman

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
i need a good coop game to play with my partner, we tried it takes two but she suffer with 3d camera, so i will buy untitled goose game, not sure if anyone has another suggestions (we tried portal 2, Overcooked) Sackboys looks good but still expensive

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Deleted member 113

i need a good coop game to play with my partner, we tried it takes two but she suffer with 3d camera, so i will buy untitled goose game, not sure if anyone has another suggestions (we tried portal 2, Overcooked) Sackboys looks good but still expensive
KeyWe is fun ;)

• This!
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.