Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Another great OP, Mor! Nice to see another Yakuza game dropping, and the next mainline one is coming early next. Loved my time with Y6 and looking forward to seeing the newer games. Crazy to see how Kiryu continues to be active. Guy has to be in his 60s in the games, right?
Wasn't he like 18-20 in Yakuza 0? So yeah... He's about 60 years old.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks for the new thread, Mor!

Looks like a great month ahead. Very excited towards Robocop as it looks like everything I want from it.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Windows 11 finally got an option to not combine taskbar icons and show labels with version 23h2:

EDIT: Though, the implementation is kinda bugged, the width of the items (icon+label) is dynamic, but if the label changes to a longer label (for example, in a web browser), the width doesn't update until another app is opened.
Labels changing to shorter labels doesn't have issues.

Last edited:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
After finishing God of War 2018 I was still craving more like that so I decided to finally replay Darksiders 1 and I did the save import for the remaster so I could start Apocalyptic difficulty with the Abyssal armor. I thought I would be able to knock out the achievements in one run... but you can't get the Abyssal armor achievement if you do that lol. Oh well I go back that on a Deck play through. The game looks quite nice at 5K resolution + 120 FPS.

Excellent, already have my son's iCloud email and Apple ID set up for when he eventually gets his phone and will do the same for Steam once this stuff hits.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I've been playing Robocop on PS5 cause my PC isn't good enough for PC version but the hell there're a lot of texture issues and graphic glitches. Too many textures and some effects take a long to appear on screen plus sometimes seems in-game videos are playing slow motion when they shouldn't. Is the same on Series X or it plays nice?.
I think this could be the worst PS5 optimized game I've played.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Started Lies of P. Surprisingly good. My only nitpick is the horrible linearity of the level design, but eh, it’s not like I love being lost in games, so well… try to do better next time, no biggie.

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Started playing Jusant on Game Pass. I’m really liking the art style and relaxing nature of the game so far. Much like Pressure Washer Simulator, it’s seems like a nice relaxing game to unwind with.

On the flip side I picked up Tales of Arise for cheap via GMG. I’ll start it after my GP month expires.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Thanks Mor !

I'll definitely be picking up Thirsty Suitors (been following some of the people involved on social for a while) unless it somehow turns out terrible which I find hard to imagine. Probably get Jusant, Talos 2, maybe Nunu / The Invincible down the road. Phew.

After finishing up Baldur's Gate 3 I had some short games laid out to blow through but I've only done one (Cocoon, which is fantastic) and am now deep into CP2077 which is really great, especially now that I've got it properly on a SSD :face-with-cold-sweat: I really want to play it through a second time too, since the different builds really seem like they'll play differently.

Morten88

Aug 8, 2021
Thanks for the new thread!

Sadly i dont think there is much for me this month, so i will probably replay witcher 3 and try fallout new vegas (never played it before)

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Humble IGN Editors' Choice - The 9 and Above Club

$16

Disco Elysium
Wildermyth
Chivalry 2
Spiritfarer
GRIME
The Forgotten City
Paradise Killer
$10 off the IGN store (game related merch)
Three months of IGN Plus

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

Humble IGN Editors' Choice - The 9 and Above Club

$16

Disco Elysium
Wildermyth
Chivalry 2
Spiritfarer
GRIME
The Forgotten City
Paradise Killer
$10 off the IGN store (game related merch)
Three months of IGN Plus
Worth it just for Disco Elysium and Paradise Killer.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
November already? Sheesh.

After seeing one reviewer I trust giving Robocop 9 and comparing it to Alien Isolation in quality, I decided to preorder it (the awesome demo and low price of 39 bucks helped).

So to get ready I watched first two films today (and featurettes of the first one).

I saw the first film for the first time in 2009 and today for a second time. It is 10/10, just awesome action film, with great soundtrack, protagonists and antagonists. Masterfully shot by Verhoeven.

I saw the second film for the first time. It is not as good as the first - Verhoeven's perfectionism and sensibility is just too good - but I still enjoyed it - lot of great action scenes, some WTF gruesomeness, plus portraying even kids as hardcore criminals was quite unexpected.

And now I can't wait for Rogue City.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Bought two games, it's been forever since I have.

Bloons TD 6 on mobile (reward money ftw) and PC (regional pricing is good) lol.

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
RoboCop on Steam Deck still turns the thing into a handgrenade. On medium settings the game works at 30fps but I am deadly afraid the deck will explode any second. It also drains battery life like someone on nuke (57 minutes from full to empty) and really can not be played from a sdcard due to load stuttering. Not a great experience on the deck.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Fantastic work as always Mor ! :cat-heart-blob:

And I wanted to give a quick heads up for everyone that it's that time of year again where I'll be streaming for 24 hours straight to help raise money for Riley Children's Foundation as part of Extra Life. Normally I hate promoting myself, but I think for times like this it's worth it. :cuteblob:

I'll be starting at 9 am EST on November 3rd and our goal is to try to raise $500. So if folks would like to stop by and hang out I'd really appreciate it and I completely understand if anyone isn't able to donate, you should never feel pressured to. Helping get the word out is a massive help too.

You can check out the stream here.

Or here.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

• Additional information about controller support has been added to the client:
    • Game details pages in the library will now show information about specific controller and VR support next to cloud status, achievements, etc.
    • PlayStation controllers have a new default mode in Steam Input where Steam will route controllers to the game's built-in support if available and to Steam Input when they would be unsupported. These controllers can still be globally opted-in or out of Steam Input in the controller tab of the Steam settings page
    • The landing page of the controller configurator now has controller support information, and it has been made easier to quickly opt in or out of Steam Input for a particular game
    • In the Big Picture library there is now Xbox/DualShock/DualSense support tabs similar to the "Great on Deck" tab that are populated based on your connected devices
    • DualShock, DualSense, and Steam Input API support have been added to the available filters in the library
    • Games that require controllers (no mouse/keyboard support), require a VR Headset, or support both VR and standard game modes will now show that information in the client, similar to how it displayed in the store.
    • Footer icons for DualSense controllers in Big Picture have been updated to use the black and white style on the device
Some nice QoL for PS controllers in this beta update.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So I'm sitting here waiting for the pirated version of Alan Wake 2 to finish installing and I just wanna take a moment to congratulate Tim on finally defeating Steam. Around 2008 or so, I built my first PC and started buying games on Steam and pretty much stopped pirating games entirely. Yet here I am 15 years later, pirating my first game in over a decade.

Congrats, Timmy. You did it, buddy. :upside-down-face:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
And if you want a feel good story to start the month, the Japanese government just forced Epic Games to pay 20million for 3 years of back-taxes they hadn't paid in consumption tax.

They also tacked a fee on top for being late, an additional 3 million.
Is that 20 million Yen or USD?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm thinking of possibly pre=ordering P5T, mainly for the pre-order DLC. Do you think that there is a chance that SEGA/ATLUS will sell it as stand alone later? Have they done this with a lot of other games, or only for a select few?

I really want to save money if possible but I am just not sure and I don't want to miss out.

PS another bundle. I am not sure if this one was already shared a few days ago. You might already have 3 of the 4 games, but for $10 It seems like a good deal.

I'm guessing that bundles helps them sell more units of there games. This has been the main way that I have been buying them, since there are so many and it's cheaper this way.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I think it’s really cool that Steam gamepad support has moved from just a generic “Controller Supported” to letting users see what works well with their specific pad. Since I have a DualSense that I use every now and then, this’ll be good to see when I’ll make the most of it.

It’d be cool if Valve had more tightly integrated support for more gamepads too, like 8BitDo. At the moment they just show as Xbox or Switch pads, depending on configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.