Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

This game is heavily inspired by Her Story and Return of Obra Dinn. The character portraits art was made by AI so the developer released it as a free game and at least was honest about it. The game is good and was a nice mystery game to play today.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
There are some good historical lows this Autumn sale.
I'll only get those for now.

Saving most of the moolah for Winter Sale

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Derrick playing Dreamlight Valley? No i have seen everything XD

And in my infinite wisdom i started another long ass game. If it wasn't enough that i started GTA V again, decided to replay RDR2 on PC finally (spend 90h on PS4), that i am half way through Talos 2 after 18h, now i went and started playing Final Fantasy VII Remake on Deck...
Well not now I'm not since they didn't put it on sale lol.

But I'm looking out for games like this that I don't have to focus much on so I can play it with a video in the background or something

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Was Steam were it was initially released? Or was it released somewhere else in Japan first and then it got released in English in the west later?

They mention, how in the very beginning the game didn't sell well and how there were even months when the game didn't even sell 100 copies and it's gone on to sell over 100k units on Steam alone over the course of 7 years.

I don't have the game on Steam but I did pick up a Switch physical copy since I have heard it's among one of the best VNs of all time. Also they added extra stuff to the Switch version.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm torn about Pizza Tower. I see a lot of comments about a harsh difficulty.
If you have played it, can you elaborate ?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
4 years later after pestering them on twitter Retro-bit finally resolved my faulty Saturn USB controllers by sending me 2 new ones. Better late than never but I had bought a Fighting Commander that's worked great since after the last time they stopped responding to me after promising they'll send me parts to fix it.

Now to decide which to use and which to keep boxed. I'm partial to the all black one as that's what I had back in the day, I dunno about those colored buttons...

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I wouldn't say that Pizza Tower is that hard, if you just want to get to the end you'll have a fun time. It does push for you to master the game if you want to 100% it.

What's your yardstick for harsh difficulty in a platformer?

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Depends on what you're looking for.
Finishing the game is fairly straightforward, even with some levels being a tad more difficult than others (the timed one probably being the biggest roadblock if you're terrible at it), but since you can't die in normal levels and even in the few sequences where you can fail (like the bosses), it's just a minute or two to replay... I'd say it's middle of the road difficulty wise for a Wario-like.

Now on the other hand, getting all P ranks on every level, you're going to wake your house at 2A:M while screaming. Some of them are a serious hurdle.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I feel seen.:D Im sure its not harder than other platformers, but platformers in general are kind of hard for me nowadays, I blame old age, but yeah I kind had hard time with Pizza Tower, mostly on the first boss though.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, yeah. still not sure. In general I’m good at leaving special courses and perfects alone, but it seems PT has a true ending locked behind it.
Now I never do that but I could also watch the ending on youtube.

I’m very interested in a fun platformer, bonus point if it doesn’t try to sedate me while playing (I’m not talking about some recent game) ((or maybe I am)), but on the other hand I’m not in it to rage.,

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Nice, Ordered Persona 5 physical for xbox, was only 29.90, can't imagine it being cheaper on steam any time soon.
Bruh, you know me, I don’t give a fuck about silly platform wars and purity tests, but P5R is 30 on gamesplanet US.
But yeah, it’s cool to have it physical if you want to have the possibility to resell it.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Bruh, you know me, I don’t give a fuck about silly platform wars and purity tests, but P5R is 30 on gamesplanet US.
But yeah, it’s cool to have it physical if you want to have the possibility to resell it.
Sure I could have looked around. but felt quicker and easier to just order it rather than make accounts on sites I never visited. Also my save file is on xbox so now I don't need to restart.:). And yeah reselling it is a factor, but I might actually save Persona 5, just to be cool..:)

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Hmm, yeah. still not sure. In general I’m good at leaving special courses and perfects alone, but it seems PT has a true ending locked behind it.
Now I never do that but I could also watch the ending on youtube.

I’m very interested in a fun platformer, bonus point if it doesn’t try to sedate me while playing (I’m not talking about some recent game) ((or maybe I am)), but on the other hand I’m not in it to rage.,
Here are a couple of under the radar platformers I had fun with over the years, hopefully you find something that you'd enjoy
Most of them should be perfectly playable on the Deck

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
What was the name of this indie low fi walking sim, where the action is set in rural England at night and the protag has a detector of some kind in hands ?

lashman pretty sure you linked to it at one point

• Sad

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I really have no idea what to get on sale. So far i am leaning towards rebuying older AC games on Steam even though i have them on Ubisoft Connect and getting some CoD that i never played like Black Ops 3 or Cold War.

I was looking to get dead Space remake but it's still bit too much, THPS 1+2 is nice deal but i will probably never play it, same goes for Forza Horizon 4 and 5. Sniper Elite 5 is kinda expensive when you go for complete edition. So yeah i am kinda leaning towards completing my collections of older games XD

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
i heard Sony is being sued Apple style for not allowing digital purchases outside PSN. To the tune of like 5-7billion lol.

Honestly hope it goes through. If everyone else is selling keys on 3rd party websites or stores, Sony shouldn't be an exception that forces consumers to pay more.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
somebody should sue all those stores for not allowing users resell their games.
As cool as that would be, that is totally unrealistic and would destroy the market.
The only thing that needs to be tackled is the inheritance of digital goods and accounts. Either through familial connections or notarized inheritance to tackle abuse.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
As cool as that would be, that is totally unrealistic and would destroy the market.
The only thing that needs to be tackled is the inheritance of digital goods and accounts. Either through familial connections or notarized inheritance to tackle abuse.
Yep I know it's quite unrealistic but the 2012 EU litigation had this purpose
This was interpreted as meaning that users in the European Union have the right to sell their accounts, although this is not what the text actually says, the text talks about licenses -so games-. And the best of all is that even companies include sellilng accounts as something against ToS.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I know is nsfw and -cause this- is not for all kind of players but

But really give this game a try, I've put -by now- 7 hours on this a lot of fun (and some bosses are quite hard) grahpics -and game itself- are surprisingly good for this type of game, humor sense and pixel art are made with care.

YunoLumi

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
More sale pickups

I know is nsfw and -cause this- is not for all kind of players but
But really give this game a try, I've put -by now- 7 hours on this a lot of fun (and some bosses are quite hard) grahpics -and game itself- are surprisingly good for this type of game, humor sense and pixel art are made with care.
Its on my wishlist actually. there are a bunch of good hentai games on steam if you just look for them.
I will check it out at some point. :drinking-blob:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Bought Tony Hawk but there's some fuckery going on with the ingame vsync/framelimiter I guess?
With uncapped framerate / No ingame-Vsync it stutters constantly and it become unplayable if I try to limit the framerate to 120 in-game.
Started the game with Special-K and the stuttering is gone completely.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
i heard Sony is being sued Apple style for not allowing digital purchases outside PSN. To the tune of like 5-7billion lol.

Honestly hope it goes through. If everyone else is selling keys on 3rd party websites or stores, Sony shouldn't be an exception that forces consumers to pay more.
They use to, allow it, but they stopped I think in 2018-2019. I know that Microsoft and Nintendo both do allow the purchase of digital stuff outside of their stores.

I think that GMG was the only place that was offering the digital sale of Sony games for PlayStation.
--------------
I'm very tight on money right now, otherwise I would want to buy the Steam Deck OLED LE, especially hearing how it's about 50grams lighter than the OG Steam Deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.