Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So I'm trying to create music playlist for games, like best music in games for each year. So would love some tips on good music throughout the years.
I guess people might want to stone me* for the suggestion, but pretty much every chapter ending song in Alan Wake 2.

*I'm kidding, people here are civilised. I'd expect you to properly crucify me.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Chrono Cross - Dream of the Shore Near Another World

Metal Gear Solid Soundtrack - The Best Is Yet To Come

ICO - You Were There

Castlevania - Bloody Tears

And something nobody will recommend you but are some the best music ever
(from PC VN version)

Fate/Stay Night - DISILLUSION (original song name was disillusion and not this illusion)

Fate/Stay Night - Ever-present Feeling

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I believe we have a good game music thread somewhere but I on mobile and too lazy to look for it now. Maybe I should actually compile some best of each year lists too.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
  • Toucan
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
At least MS has some people here buying Xbox games.

Reading some Xbox Europe sales numbers, Xbox is about to go extinct in Europe.

Reactions: C-Dub

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
11000 songs?

You're not creating a ton of Playlist describing very different and specific moods like "longing for those that have left", or "Cuba Libre Gaming on a Friday Night"?
Nah, I just enable shuffle and let the RNG decide. xD
And this list is gonna continue growing as I complete games in the future, games that I only want to listen to their soundtracks for the first time when I get to play them (trails series after the sky trilogy, yakuza, persona, ...), or if games that I already played before get their soundtracks on spotify (multiple PSO2 volumes are still missing from spotify, and I would add pokemon soundtracks to my list asap if nintendo were to ever add them to spotify, which probably isn't gonna happen).

Though, the list is this long because I pretty much add everything in soundtracks albuns, and I only remove those that I really don't like.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
So I'm trying to create music playlist for games, like best music in games for each year. So would love some tips on good music throughout the years.
You'd have to specify which genres you're looking for.
In "recent" things (not like there aren't tons of excellent old ones, Castlevania has plenty), I'd put Genshin Impact at the top

And the one constant for me, that's Nier and Drakengard. Right now, I enjoy the music of the remake the most

But I will always love the original soundtrack for Drakengard 1 but it's... an acquired taste?

Also, yes, I like classical music I think :thinking-face:

And for something completely different and elevating your game experience

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Seems the only humble discount we're getting this month is the yearly deal huh?!
It's not that bad per se, boils down to 7€75/mon, but I don't know how I feel about committing so much money upfront and with the added penalty of resetting the store discount if you pause a month...

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Seems the only humble discount we're getting this month is the yearly deal huh?!
It's not that bad per se, boils down to 7€75/mon, but I don't know how I feel about committing so much money upfront and with the added penalty of resetting the store discount if you pause a month...
I have bought all bundles this year so far monthly with "please come back :blobclosecry:" discounts and even if I'd buy this month and next month full price the bundle average would have been only 7€.
I don't really think signing up for the yearly plan saves you much, or anything, really. Especially since typically I'm not interested in every month (this year has been suspiciously up my alley).
Though it's possible they scale back the discounts, so I dunno. But personally I don't really like paying up-front without knowing what I'll get, so I'd probably prefer "taking the loss" in case next year continues to be similarly up my alley but they end up having worse coupons or something.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I'm gonna gamble on monthly discount coupons this year, since deal isn't that good.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
It depends on the type/genre of music, but personally I'm quite biased towards FFXIV and Phantasy Star:
God I love the Shadowbringers soundtrack so much. From the main theme through to the best of Nier.

While I love Scream I still think I prefer Dedicated to Moonlight. Just a shame that I didn't find the tracks in the last raid tier quite as good.

Also for anybody who has done any raiding in FFXIV may appreciate the music video to The Primals version of "Dedicated to Moonlight"

I will say though I prefer the version from the actual raid instead.

• Comfy
Reactions: ezodagrom

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Check your coupon page on Humble. There should be one for 2 months for 6$ each.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'd rather stop gaming altogether and move on to different hobbies than ever go back to just consoles. Playing without settings, or mods, just feels downright suffocating and does effect my enjoyment of a game negatively while on console. The only reason I'm even half looking forward to Switch 2 is for the exclusives, but even with that I'm considering getting a Steam deck OLED instead because I don't really click with most Nintendo exclusives, it's just a few here and there.

On the few occasions where I owned a console more powerful than my PC, like PS4 Pro back when I only had a GTX970 Rig, I simply could not get used to the lack of customization and playing things my way. I found myself missing the "freedoms" that PC allows. Outside of graphics and mods, you've got the freedom of input methods, highly competitive game prices, and probably one of the most undersold features of PC gaming is the ease of multitasking or alt-tabbing. Heck if you got a second monitor you don't even have to alt-tab, can have Discord, a browser/guide, and your game all up at the same time.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
I'm back from my holidays so I'll ask. Do you guys recommend the OLED Deck?

• Sweating
Reactions: Li Kao

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Loving this ultrawide but man youtube sucks with it. All the addons do is just crop the videos poorly.
I use this one called Zoom to Fill that seems pretty decent. I use it to remove black bars on content that's wider than 16:9.

Reactions: lashman

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
I use this one called Zoom to Fill that seems pretty decent. I use it to remove black bars on content that's wider than 16:9.
Yeah, it's what I use. It just zooms in though, so does weird cropping.

The fullscreen addon for having a video "fullscreen" in-window isn't working for me today either too, shame as it would be good with fancy zones

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Don't know what to vote for in the VR category. Does Metasteam have anything that they think deserves a vote?

Kind of unsure with Labor of Love as well but I think I will just give it to Dead Cells for the Castlevania DLC. It was a nice update for an old game.

Also looks like you can vote for same game in different categories. I don't think Valve allowed that in the past.

So BG3 fits well for both Better with Friends and GOTY.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Shantom

Mar 17, 2021
Don't know what to vote for in the VR category. Does Metasteam have anything that they think deserves a vote?

Kind of unsure with Labor of Love as well but I think I will just give it to Dead Cells for the Castlevania DLC. It was a nice update for an old game.

Also looks like you can vote for same game in different categories. I don't think Valve allowed that in the past.

So BG3 fits well for both Better with Friends and GOTY.
I've played nothing in VR this year so I voted for Humanity - may as well try to get Enhance some exposure

Reactions: yuraya

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
Anyone know whey my monitor dims on every thing except for the Display settings page. Suddenly started happening and it's annoying af.

I feel like I pressed something, but can't figure it out.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone know whey my monitor dims on every thing except for the Display settings page. Suddenly started happening and it's annoying af.

I feel like I pressed something, but can't figure it out.
Do you maybe have something like night light active? Or using f.lux? flux has a shortcut to dim the screen. I think it's "Alt+ Pg Up or Pg Down"

Reactions: ExistentialThought

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
There is a lot of different songs

But here are just a "few" suggestions

(By the way if anyone is looking at this list and if there is not at least one song on here that you like well I guess you must mute in game music when playing games)

This is why I play a variety games different game genres

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I launched Marvel Midnight Suns again after getting the DLC during the sale. Saw my previous save was from last December, shortly after the release of the game... Holy hell, time surely flied, isn't it? I thought the game released 6 months ago.

Some people say covid stole our time, but I think information moving around so fast nowadays is the culprit. There are so many damn things we need to process everyday that we don't even feel time has slipped away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.