Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! jads653 is giving away 1 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Nov 29, 2023 at 9:07 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

New update available for Robocop. You can now disable Lumen reflection straight from the menu and use screenspace reflections. This makes it far easier on the GPU and SteamDeck.

This game is one of the few games I finished this year. It was an unique experience for me, even though the game is a bit janky. Loved controlling RoboCop and the fact they even got Peter Weller to do the voice of Robo makes it even more special.

One moment your brutally shooting some things, next you are writing a parking fine.

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Steam Cloud alway feels so good when playing on my desktop then continuing on my Deck and then back to my desktop again.

It's one of the reasons why I regret buying Stardew Valley, Binding of Isaac and some other indies in the early days of the Switch and why I only use my Switch for certain exclusives. Not being able to continue Stardew on my PC after playing on Switch always sucked and Im after all playing on my desktop the most.

Also of course, the bigger library, not having to rebuy games to play portable, free online, mods and cheats helps with the Deck a lot.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
PS5 Project M from NCSOFT looks pretty nice
Sony signed a strategic global business partnership with Korean publisher and developer NCSOFT,

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Decided to finally check out Jack Move. I've always been curious about that one. First impressions are good.
PS5 Project M from NCSOFT looks pretty nice
Sony signed a strategic global business partnership with Korean publisher and developer NCSOFT,

Damn, graphics are impressive.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Decided to finally check out Jack Move. I've always been curious about that one. First impressions are good.
I really enjoyed my time with Jack Move. Doesn’t overstay its welcome either. About 7 hours to complete.

also believe the demo is worth playing as it is meant to be a prologue that isn’t in the main game.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I really enjoyed my time with Jack Move. Doesn’t overstay its welcome either. About 7 hours to complete.

also believe the demo is worth playing as it is meant to be a prologue that isn’t in the main game.
Didn't know about the demo. I'll check it out.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
DD2 is $108 AUD for us. So at most it will be $85 with discount from keysellers.

I guess it's just AA456 collection for me (Unless it's going to be more than $60 AUD, then see you in Steam Seal sometime, I guess.) :flare_lmao:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Based of what Theswweet has said. It looks like the Steam Deck OLED Limited Edition was very special and was the best case scenario for the device. So long as you didn't get any dead pixels other than that in general it's just better than the other versions in everyway imaginable.

Now the big issue seems to be that there will never be another experience like it. BOE was sued by Samsung and it looks like Valve will never be using those panels again. Also it seems like the reason for why Valve was using BOE to begin with was because BOE also provided the LCD panels that people hate.

Well there goes the Dream. Also the Limited Edition is now officially sold out. It was even up for over 2 weeks I believe.

Oh well.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The fact that sone people are in favor of there being no users reviews on Steam at all is rather shocking.

On one hand it makes a lot of sense for why game devs would have an issue with it, since there are bad actors that leave bad reviews on purpose and try to extort game devs.

But you also have those games that people would otherwise never try because they wouldn't be cover by major outlets.

Take Chinese games as an example, a number of them have been doing well and the users reviews help people find out what they are getting into.

It's a double edge sword. Then compare it to how the console stores do their thing. Or maybe they just want for it to be like how MS does their reviews?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Out for Switch. Hopefully now that both games are out they will soon patch the PC releases with the enhancements as they've said. I like the new shadows etc.
I am not sure all the improvements here are a good idea. The improved draw distance kinda ruins the moody look of the old game. In the original, with the heavy mist. it helped to cover up how small everything actually is. Of course it was born out of a technical limitations (PCs of the time were already struggling with these games), but I think it also helped to serve the look and feel of the island Khorinis, even more so than the prison colony of the first game.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I am not sure all the improvements here are a good idea. The improved draw distance kinda ruins the moody look of the old game. In the original, with the heavy mist. it helped to cover up how small everything actually is. Of course it was born out of a technical limitations (PCs of the time were already struggling with these games), but I think it also helped to serve the look and feel of the island Khorinis, even more so than the prison colony of the first game.
Um, the draw distance is the same as max settings on PC (vanilla 300%, not modded past that). It's not like it made the whole world visible a la GTA remasters. But tbh draw distance should always be maxed imo, it's the first thing I want to increase in Morrowind and every other big game unchained by old system specs.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I wasn't intending to buy anything during the Steam Sale, but I walked away with a bit more than I expected... Only about three games for myself, though.

Tired:

Monster Energy

Wired:

Does it help make you ah so eepy sleepy instead

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Um, the draw distance is the same as max settings on PC (vanilla 300%, not modded past that). It's not like it made the whole world visible a la GTA remasters. But tbh draw distance should always be maxed imo, it's the first thing I want to increase in Morrowind and every other big game unchained by old system specs.
Maybe it's just the view from that one mountain they show that makes it look comical, or more likely, in my memories it just looked a lot nicer than it actually did.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Anybody knows if there's any difference here?:

Both games are "All of us are dead" BUT if we look at screenshots the one that only have japanese and korean language version seems different like more... gore, instead the other version which already have japanase, korean and other languages seems toned down. Anybody knows if it's like it seems toned down or it's just the screenshots? If it's the same game for both versions why two editions when one of them alredy have all languages?.
Thanks.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Anybody knows if there's any difference here?:

Both games are "All of us are dead" BUT if we look at screenshots the one that only have japanese and korean language version seems different like more... gore, instead the other version which already have japanase, korean and other languages seems toned down. Anybody knows if it's like it seems toned down or it's just the screenshots? If it's the same game for both versions why two editions when one of them alredy have all languages?.
Thanks.
I think that the one that is only in Japanese and Korean is the one that is toned down.

It looks like they have different publishers, the English one seems to be self published, but the other one is published by some Japanese company. Maybe they are both not aware that the game is not region locked or something like that?

The only way that I can think of seeing the difference between the two would be to look at the CERO rating of both of them and see if they even have one.

Reactions: Censored

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
The fact that sone people are in favor of there being no users reviews on Steam at all is rather shocking.

On one hand it makes a lot of sense for why game devs would have an issue with it, since there are bad actors that leave bad reviews on purpose and try to extort game devs.

But you also have those games that people would otherwise never try because they wouldn't be cover by major outlets.

Take Chinese games as an example, a number of them have been doing well and the users reviews help people find out what they are getting into.

It's a double edge sword. Then compare it to how the console stores do their thing. Or maybe they just want for it to be like how MS does their reviews?
Only devs with shit games are gainst user reviews.
A >95% user review game is certainly getting picked up more than an <80% game.

• This!
Reactions: xinek and jads653
Status
Not open for further replies.