Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Nice to see another new thread ^_^
I'll just multitask between here and resetera I imagine :p
there is no requirement to post in here ... so, no pressure :)

It's also nice to see some others who are looking forward to Call of Cthulhu, it's going under the radar it seems.

under the radar? damn, i hope not ... all the preview videos make it look soooooo cool!

and then there's also The Sinking City!

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Dragon Quest on desktop and Umineko on Win 2 are all I have the time for now, Steam-wise.
Both are behemoth games too, but hopefully I'll manage to finish at least one of them this year.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Dragon Quest on desktop and Umineko on Win 2 are all I have the time for now, Steam-wise.
Both are behemoth games too, but hopefully I'll manage to finish at least one of them this year.
oh man, Dragon Quest ... i only finished the tutorial bit so far ... but i'm already liking it A LOT!

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
How are the .Hack games? They are on sale on Steam right now. Are they visual novels, and are they any good?

Deleted member 113

How are the .Hack games? They are on sale on Steam right now. Are they visual novels, and are they any good?
The games are actually action RPGs, where you play a game within a game that emulates a MMORPG.
I barely played them so far, so I'm not the right person to judge their quality, but when they were originally released, they were well received.

This recent re-release currently available on Steam collects 3 games that were previously released on PS2, and a brand new chapter, so it should be a rather "meaty" experience, in terms of content.

Do note that Humble also has it on sale, so if you want to buy it, it's probably cheaper over there:
Buy .hack//G.U. Last Recode from the Humble Store

Reactions: RionaaM and lashman

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
The games are actually action RPGs, where you play a game within a game that emulates a MMORPG.
I barely played them so far, so I'm not the right person to judge their quality, but when they were originally released, they were well received.

This recent re-release currently available on Steam collects 3 games that were previously released on PS2, and a brand new chapter, so it should be a rather "meaty" experience, in terms of content.

Do note that Humble also has it on sale, so if you want to buy it, it's probably cheaper over there:
Buy .hack//G.U. Last Recode from the Humble Store
Thanks, guess I'll pick them up. They are way cheaper on Steam in my country, at 60% off they cost less than $6.

Deleted member 113

Thanks, guess I'll pick them up. They are way cheaper on Steam in my country, at 60% off they cost less than $6.
That is a pretty good price, especially considering each of the first 3 games should take you at least 20-30 hours each.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Toddles, everybody!
heyoooo Robo! :D

I just realized I haven’t played Dark Souls 3 yet. Think I’ll jump on that after what I’m playing. I stopped because I had stuttering but surely that’ll be fixed by now.
yeah, they released quite a few updates after the launch ... so it might be fixed now ... worth giving it a shot

My body is ready for Hitman 2

AND SO ARE MY EXPLOSIVES
that has to be a gif from BernardoOne!!! ;)

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
there is no requirement to post in here ... so, no pressure :)

under the radar? damn, i hope not ... all the preview videos make it look soooooo cool!

and then there's also The Sinking City!
I keep getting these two confused. Sinking City is from the Sherlock Holmes guys, right?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
And there's that one coming set during the Black Death and another set on an island set around the 1700-1800s with magical nativist monsters and such. Crazy time for AA RPGs.

Yakkue

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
Sep 6, 2018
Not sure what to play next after DQ XI.... still need to finish Little Nightmares, but I'm not really feeling it right now.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Not sure what to play next after DQ XI.... still need to finish Little Nightmares, but I'm not really feeling it right now.
hmmm ... how about ... this:

(it's from the dev of Pony Island)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Greedfall from Spiders.
ohhhhhhhh, right ... damn, i completely forgot about this game, lol ... but yes, absolutely looking forward to it as well (even though the gameplay looks kinda/sorta janky, but then again - it's Spiders :p)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ok, well, right now I'm playing like 2 games at the same time.

Yakuza 0 - my third run, this time on PC, right now at chapter 7 (not even half of the game yet), still one of my favorite games of this generation and possibly the best one of this saga.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - well, two years ago I said I would play from beginning to end all the AC games and here I am, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey remain, I'm liking it, so far it's been a great experience although I'm just at sequence 4 of 9 but still, I'm having fun and that's the important thing.

I think I have material for some time haha

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Haha! Yeah wow that is amazing. Haven't been following SC6 at all, did love the first one on Dreamcast though.:D

yeah, i've been playing it for like 2h now ... and it's REALLY good!

it's clearly a much lower budget game than Tekken 7 ... but it still looks and plays amazing! ... and that character creator ;)
i really do hope it sells well enough to get a second season pass with more characters like T7 ... both series deserve more stuff!

Reactions: Le Pertti

Yakkue

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
Sep 6, 2018
hmmm ... how about ... this:

(it's from the dev of Pony Island)
Thanks, I'll put that on my wishlist! Right now I want to play something from my backlog though, I still have so many great games left unplayed..

So what is everyones GOTY thus far?
Would have to be DQXI for me, I had so much fun with this game. Even just looking at the enemy animations in the beginning was great.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Mine is Pillars of Eternity 2 closely followed by DeadCells. Haven't played that much this year so not sure I will even get a top 5. Still have BattleTech to play, but honestly little scared by it so haven't even started it yet.XD

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
I'm currently playing:

DQ11 - roughly 13ish hours in, quite enjoying it
Grim Dawn - roughly 6ish hours in, also quite enjoying it (scratching that Diablo 3 itch)
Ass Creed Odyssey - roughly 10ish hours in, using the free Google Project Stream thing to play it, also quite enjoying it! lol

Reactions: Mivey and lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Edge of eternity launches to early access next month looks really good.

Wolcen also just got its first big early access update for content etc.
Do you have a thing for games with Eternity in their names?
First Resonance of Fate, now Edge of Eternity....

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Great work on the OP, lashman
oh, that's all on MRORANGE ... i just copy-pasted his BBcode (with a few minor changes :p)

This.

Other stuff I have played this year that I enjoyed a lot, in no particular order:
  1. Salt and Sanctuary*
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Mercenary Kings
  4. Devil May Cry 3 HD
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  6. Super Mario Odyssey
  7. Death's Gambit
  8. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  9. The Messenger
  10. Sundered
  11. LiEat
  12. Hexcells
some really solid games in there, man :) how did you like Tom Braider?

Reactions: Schnitzelfee
Status
Not open for further replies.