lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Reactions: Le Pertti

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
The Teddy Floppy Ear series are adventure games aimed at kids, they are short but my young brother had fun with it. I bought Wheely in the latest sale and he managed to finish it all by himself,
You can safely assume Iashman (and me) are aware of Teddy Floppy Ear.
We watched the show when we were kids.

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Anyone else playing Soulcalibur 6?

Is it me, or is the game insanely good? I'm having a blast with it!
The presentation is just top notch, and the gameplay doesn't disappoint. Easy for anyone to pick-up-and-play, but with enough depth that you can formulate several tactics and ways of playing with each character.
The team did a great job with this entry.

Hopefully it's successful, to guarantee the series continuation.

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Lash only added the bright theme for the freaks who want that kinda thing :p
We would have never added it otherwise...

And welcome, nice to see you here!

Deleted member 113

How is the PC port?

Also, this forum makes a good first impression by defaulting to a dark theme :p
Well, I'm not an expert (you're the one that should be telling us how's the port ;) ), but it runs flawlessly on my PC.
I'm using a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, I cranked up pretty much everything to maximum, and it runs like a dream.
I didn't experience any crashes, slowdowns, no issues so far whatsoever.

As for the forum, it is indeed awesome.
It has so many little functionalities I was not used to have in a forum. It's just so easy to use. For example, you can easily reposition or re-size images simply by clicking and dragging; also, it converts all your links without having to do anything special, you simply post a link to a video, or to a Steam page, and it automatically formats it to the correct type of media.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
How is the PC port?
from what i've seen from various people - everything on "extreme" at 1080p with 200% scaling on a 1070 still holds 60fps at all times, so i'd say it's pretty good :p

Also, this forum makes a good first impression by defaulting to a dark theme :p
that's the only way to do it ;)

No 2 media links per post limit as well.
yeah, exactly ... always seemed like a weird limit (it can be changed in settings so it wasn't just a xenforo1 limitation)

Nope. I don't think it even aired in my country.
it certainly did in some parts of Europe ;)

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
With the Winter Seal almost upon us, I figured I'd make a quickie write up of 5 games per post, being recommendations of games on Steam.

ohhh, great idea! yeah, you should absolutely do that! :) in here or a separate thread?

---

this just got a store page:

looks pretty cool :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurt Russell

Deleted member 113

I have only one* game I plan on buying for Winter Seal
Atelier Arland Trilogy.
For me, I'm hoping for a deal on the Zaccaria Pinball DLCs. Hopefully the prices will be similar to those of the Steam Summer Sale.
I've been in the mood for digital pinball lately, and I already have all Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX3 tables, so I'm hoping to add the Zaccaria tables to my collection. :)

Obviously, I'll end buying a million other things I wasn't planning to. ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh man, this game sounds perfect for me. It's weird that it's not made by the Bomber Crew guys, because it looks really similar to it.
i know, right? i totally thought it was by the same devs ... but apparently not, haha

Hell yeah, hope I can find these
good luck :) post screenshots when you do :D
Post automatically merged:

a few more store pages for interesting-looking games :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurt Russell
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So 90 million monthly steam users, dozensofus.gif.

With that many people any niche game should be able find its audience on steam.
but steam MAUs don't count as much as PSN/XBL MAUs, don't you know? to get the real worth of steam MAUs you need to divide the number by 1,000,000 ... so basically no one is using steam

hence indie games barely sell on steam

hence volvo doesn't deserve the 30%

it's pure math based on FACTS ... google it!

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
With that many people any niche game should be able find its audience on steam.
Well, even if the number of users is that high, if you don't have a good marketing your product won't be highlighted at all and won't be marketed correctly and this is one of the reasons why I THINK there are some many Indie and niche games flops, not because of the platforms (right here I'm not even talking about Steam alone but also PSN, Live and sometimes Eshop) but because your strategy.

Competition is wild, this is 2018 we are not in 2008 anymore, there are dozens of developers fighting to get their games released and find a successful place, but if you don't make a good marketing, you are done.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well, even if the number of users is that high, if you don't have a good marketing your product won't be highlighted at all and won't be marketed correctly and this is one of the reasons why I THINK there are some many Indie and niche games flops, not because of the platforms (right here I'm not even talking about Steam alone but also PSN, Live and sometimes Eshop) but because your strategy.

Competition is wild, this is 2018 we are not in 2008 anymore, there are dozens of developers fighting to get their games released and find a successful place, but if you don't make a good marketing, you are done.
Yeah, that's what I meant, the audience is there for any kind of niche game, the trick is to find them and that's where marketing comes in. And as many have said, that's not valves job.

With valve making it easier to get a game on steam and also making it possible for games that can't be on any other store front to also be on steam, it really opens up for a bigger variety of games.

Reactions: Mor and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah, unfortunately the time when just being on steam was more than enough to sell tonnes of copies is long-over .... now you have to do actual marketing ... and probably also have a good bit of luck

Reactions: Le Pertti
Status
Not open for further replies.