Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Insane monthly.
Very happy about that, Crash and Spyro are perfect fillers before The Outer Worlds, but damn Activision... what's going on?
Did Spyro sell like poop or what? I can't imagine it was worth it to wait one year only to drop the price by 90% a month after release... always those weird temporary exclusive deals...

Also, you can really play tons of good games for cheap nowadays... but the problem is evil Valve's cut, obviously.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
This Humble saved me from buying Breakpoint. Since it is reviewing so bad I expect it to be dirt cheap by December.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
With the talk about upgrading the GPU:

I have a 5 year old PC which I upgraded the GPU to a 1060 and a 500GB SSD for gaming 11 months ago.
Still have good performance on medium settings in most games.

When would be a good time to finally completely buy a new PC? The CPU (i5) is getting old but I just bought a 1060 a year ago.
The biggest issue right now is RAM. 16 GB might be enough for new games on medium settings but not for modded Minecraft. (Well, I can play minecraft and watch a video on the other monitor, but browing the internet is tedious, because Minecraft grabs 10 gigs and makes Chrome low priority in Ram feeding. So when I want to visit a website or refresh the site, it takes nearly half a minute.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for the inputs regarding RDR2.
Considering my feelings of how their games evolved over time since GTA1 I believe RDR2 is not for me, since as far as I remember the last one I enjoyed was Bully or GTA:VC (whichever came last, can't remember). Never played GTA5, and never will tbh, but I despised GTA4 and before that I didn't really enjoy GTA:SA either. Personally never felt engaged with any stories or characters but at least the gameplay used to be fun but over time it became a bloated mess of overly dramatic animations, insipid gunplay and floaty traversal and driving.

Reactions: Milena

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

I have a 5 year old PC which I upgraded the GPU to a 1060 and a 500GB SSD for gaming 11 months ago.

When would be a good time to finally completely buy a new PC? The CPU (i5) is getting old but I just bought a 1060 a year ago.
The biggest issue right now is RAM. 16 GB might be enough for new games on medium settings but not for modded Minecraft. (Well, I can play minecraft and watch a video on the other monitor, but browing the internet is tedious, because Minecraft grabs 10 gigs and makes Chrome low priority in Ram feeding. So when I want to visit a website or refresh the site, it takes nearly half a minute.
My current PC is 5 years old with i5 4460, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and 970. I'm about to upgrade everything but SSD, HDD, and PSU. Thinking about to buy M.2 SSD too.

Reactions: Wok

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
To do some bundle recapping, last month ended up pretty okay.
Sonic Mania is a ton of fun.
Battletech has mechs so that's good. ....It's kinda ugly though, at least that first forest area. Maybe that's why there are no screenshots of it on the storepage :thinking-blob: Still need to play more before I can say how much I like it.
Was interested in Planet Alpha, so that's a nice extra.
Override: Mech City Brawl is something I've never heard of, but it also has mechs! Dismissed it inially because it seems to be multiplayer focused (though local co-op is nice), but it looks like it has singleplayer as well, nice.
Don't really care about the rest.

Current month is already insane, lol. Both Spyro and Crash are trilogies, so technically you get 7 games with the early unlock. And I wanted them anyway. :sweaty-blob:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Holy shit! I've been tempted to get Crash basically every single major sale for the past year. Super glad I never caved now because even on sale it's still like 30 bucks and I likely still wouldn't have played it. Crash alone would've been great for me but Spyro too?! That's just nuts.

That's two fantastic bundles in a row for me because I've been holding off on Battletech for ages, too.

edit: Oh and fucking lol at one month of exclusivity for RDR2. I've held off on GTAV this entire time, one month is literally nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milena

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I did and 100% all 3 spyros. It is still is kind of a slap in the face as we payed full price 30 days ago at launch, but I am not that mad as I think it was worth my money and I enjoyed my time. Like in hindsight I would have waited a month and saved $40.
Yeah ditto here. 100% completed all 3 games and got my money worth but for the sake of a month I can't help but be kinda miffed to some degree

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

I assume your using DDR3 memory.... So buying more memory and then moving it all over to a new MB+build isn't an option.

Now is as good as a time as any, if your specific use case is facing a major hardware bottle-neck performance wise. Alternatively, I'd sit tight personally until we know exactly what kind of pixels these new consoles can push. Get in the ground floor hw wise and target console equivalent settings, probably would be set for awhile.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
What is the DLC that is supposed to gotten from the WW2 humble key?

He is more concerned about his knife collection :longswordblob2:
I am pretty certain he moved onto daggers. Gabe is a ninja now :V

Posting a pic of young Gabe with knives? And here I thought console players were the only ones thinking of 2000s Steam :V

Reactions: lashman

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
yup ... watch the rest of that month (and entire next month) be complete crap :p
That's already the case for most months, tbh. When the early unlocks are this good, then I can't say I give a shit.

That's basically 3 games per game, so these two alone basically make a full bundle all my themselves. :p

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ok think I have enough games for awhile.

Games I've gotten or have and intend to play now:
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2 Remake
My Time at Portia
Dragon Quest XI
Spyro Trilogy
House in Fata Morgana

Can't imagine I have time for anything else until December.:D

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Ok think I have enough games for awhile.

Games I've gotten or have and intend to play now:
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2 Remake
My Time at Portia
Dragon Quest XI
Spyro Trilogy
House in Fata Morgana

Can't imagine I have time for anything else until December.:D
Fata Morgana is fantastic. The soundtrack is gorgeous too.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Heck, Spyro is so new I was still crafting boosters, easily worth it. Goodbye easy profits.

This Humble saved me from buying Breakpoint. Since it is reviewing so bad I expect it to be dirt cheap by December.
That begs the question why you were gonna buy it now to begin with and needed Humble to see the light, end of the year sales are always brutal and quick.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So, some IRL people I know told me today that they didn't buy anything on the last Steam sale (the summer one) because they are afraid that now that Epic is on the game Valve is going to be out of business like... really soon and they feel like buying games on Steam is just throwing money away, on the other hand they didn't buy anything on Epic cuz the obvious reasons.

But for everything that is sacred I couldn't convince them of the contrary, they were in total panic mode that it's not worth it to buy games anymore. It's been a... curious experience.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Heck, Spyro is so new I was still crafting boosters, easily worth it. Goodbye easy profits.

That begs the question why you were gonna buy it now to begin with and needed Humble to see the light, end of the year sales are always brutal and quick.
Because I really liked Wildlands

and because i hate myself

Justice Raynes

Dec 13, 2018
I was about to cancel my subscription after subscribing for this month but Humble gave me $3 off on the next month...

Can I cancel after I find out what's in the next Humble Monthly or will Humble bill me prematurely?

Reactions: NarohDethan
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I was about to cancel my subscription after subscribing for this month but Humble gave me $3 off on the next month...

Can I cancel after I find out what's in the next Humble Monthly or will Humble bill me prematurely?
If you buy the bundle now
Check in your monthly sub page when the next billing date is. Unsub before that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.