Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So now that I finished DQIV I decided to look at some of my 3DS stuff (since the 3DS does have its limitations) and I was looking at the photos on my 3DS and I do wish that more games let you take screenshots. I did have some cool stuff from DQVIII (but nothing from DQVII sadly, I can't even recall when I played the game but I'm guessing in 2015?) Also I beat that game 2 years ago on October 2017.

You can take screenshots now very easily but before that was not the case.

I use to have a DSi and an OG 3DS I traded both in to GameStop to get a NN3DSXL. I had a lot of information on both the DSi and 3DS. On the DSi it was mainly photos that I had (from 2008-2012 or so since that was the time period before I got my 3DS and phone) I might still have an SD card with the photos on it around though.

For the 3DS I lost my activity log info (and photos as well I think) which sucks.

I think GameStop gave me $100USD for both of those, this was in 2015 were my only source of income was $1K USD per semester in college. Now that I have a job and all of that I would never have sold those because of the memories I've had with them.

I used to use my DSi and 3DS for listening to music, also JVC gummi earbuds sucked and I would spend $10USD a month to buy replacements when I was in middle school.

By the way both were slow to access music on the SD card

So in 2015 I played FE Awakening for 50 hours, Xenoblade 3D for 36 hours, and MSG3 for 23 hours

In 2016 I played FE Fates for 230 hours, DQ VII for 19 hours, and Bravely Default for 19 hours

In 2017 I played DQVII for 158 hours, DQVIII for 81 hours, and Xenoblade 3D for 26 hours

In 2018 SMT SJR for 25 hours. It says I played DQIV for 3 hours?

In 2019 it says I played DQIV for 7 hours?

The DQIV part doesn't make sense since I played almost 70 hours in total

I'm guessing something must have happened since my DQIV times are just way off.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Humble's halloween sale is up.
This seems pretty weak for a halloween sale (in terms of amount of games on sale), so I'm guessing it's just a themed (bi)weekly sale. Especially since there is a bundle rumored for tomorrow, and Hamble doesn't do bundles during big sales (though I think they did once? not sure).

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I. Am now. Ready. For Halloween.

This seems pretty weak for a halloween sale (in terms of amount of games on sale), so I'm guessing it's just a themed (bi)weekly sale. Especially since there is a bundle rumored for tomorrow, and Hamble doesn't do bundles during big sales (though I think they did once? not sure).
Yeah, halloween sales tend to feature horror games, this one seems focused on a lighter theme of halloween (monsters). Decent sale though.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

was this posted already?
Damn, I don't know if I can play this game, due to the flickering every time there is a skill check. That is the kind of stuff which can make me nauseated in a few minutes. With Celeste, I barely made it to the settings to enable the photosensitive mode. With Artifact, I get headaches and I suspect it is due to the white flash which happens after each combat phase. Even though I am not epileptic, it seems that I am extremely sensitive to lights, and it gets worse as I get older.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
More people should watch Outsidexbox and OutsideXtra on YouTube. 5 really lovely persons playing games and just messing around. Always a really wholesome atmosphere and lots of laughs.
And it's not only xbox stuff (that's why they launched the sister channel Xtra) but all sorts of consoles and PC gaming.

Sure, it's not always the most deepest of playthroughs, but it's ALWAYS entertaining.

Watch some videos! 😀

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Damn, I don't know if I can play this game, due to the flickering every time there is a skill check. That is the kind of stuff which can make me nauseated in a few minutes. With Celeste, I barely made it to the settings to enable the photosensitive mode. With Artifact, I get headaches and I suspect it is due to the white flash which happens after each combat phase. Even though I am not epileptic, it seems that I am extremely sensitive to lights, and it gets worse as I get older.
You could try sending the dev a message. If it’s not too much work and you explain your condition (that I’m sure others share) they could add an option to disable these sorts of effects.
Never hurt to try.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
So i'm done with Crash 3, and I made my mind about the N.sane Trilogy.

To start with, Crash 3 does play better than the others. They all use the same physics, and since they took the 3 as baseline, the platforming is fine. Much easier, with the skills to unlock, but... it plays fairly well.
Unlike 1&2 which have segments that are barely playable and spend more time in the "complete mess" category than they did back then, especially concerning inertia.
However Crash 3 is a game with much more than platforming, and the side activities are not very good. The underwater levels are just crappy in general, the plane levels are just an uninteresting cakewalk, the tiger levels... are quite decent.
But it just completely breaks the theme of each world to do Arabic themed levels and suddenly go a submarine adventure, run at full speed on the great well of China, or have a dogfight with the Red Baron. They could have crammed them in the secret world or something.

And... there's also jet-ski levels and motorbike levels. And oh boy... those were not great in the original, and now... they've made the gameplay massively worse, everything is heavy but lacks inertia (pretty much the opposite of the rest of the game), and the collisions are way too generous for the player (again, the opposite of the rest of the game).
They are VERY BAD.
And with all of them combined... you barely get any platforming in the end... considering some platforming levels are weaker than others, it's a mediocre game at best.

Ultimately, it's mostly mediocre games (the 2 is the best I guess, but not by much, and it has jet pack levels which are by far the worst of the franchise missteps) served in a beautiful engine... but an awful, awful remake that ruins most of the gameplay of the originals.
And more than that; it has excessively long loading times for what it is (Spyro is much faster to load the hub world for example, and it's more than a small cube with 5 entrances), and lacks subtitles for some reason. Thanks I guess, nobody could ever need them, right?
It really feels like Vicarious Visions didn't give a shit outside of visuals.

And it is indeed the worst remake I've ever played. Not that I even touched the Silent Hill HD Collection, but still. That was not a very good experience. And Crash Bandicoot should have stayed in its tomb, removing nostalgia it's not even a decent franchise.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Since Code Vein released (haven’t launched it yet, shame) I also kinda want to play God Eater 1-3
But first I fear it would be redundant with MHW, and playing the first game doesn’t make me very giddy.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Sorry for bumping this, but yeah, about that:

Oh please, the method was decompiled already, and it's only sending data to Tencent if your OS shows you're in China.

And the deep-diving people have done, by the way, matches exactly with what Apple already said about this today:

Apple protects user privacy and safeguards your data with Safari Fraudulent Website Warning, a security feature that flags websites known to be malicious in nature. When the feature is enabled, Safari checks the website URL against lists of known websites and displays a warning if the URL the user is visiting is suspected of fraudulent conduct like phishing. To accomplish this task, Safari receives a list of websites known to be malicious from Google, and for devices with their region code set to mainland China, it receives a list from Tencent. The actual URL of a website you visit is never shared with a safe browsing provider and the feature can be turned off.
Which makes sense, since Google APIs are primarily blocked in China, so the only option for pinging Safe Browsing data is to use Tencent's API.

Does that suck for Chinese users? Obviously. Does it especially suck if you live in a contested region like Hong Kong? Absolutely. But unfortunately, it's not like they have any other choice given their government, and if the alternative is using a Huawei phone with PRC-malware loaded directly onto it, the choice is obvious.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

Just preordered this. Here's hoping I don't have to wait 3 hours at customs again, like I had to do with Before the Storm. Also, it seems the soundtrack is vinyl only and I don't have a turntable. It totally sucks that there's no CD this time. It would have costed them like what, 5 bucks to press one? Just put it in a cheap paper sleeve and call it a day.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

In Transmission, you’re an overnight courier in an open world of chilled-out synthwave vibes. Think Euro Truck Simulator meets Jalopy on a rainy summer night in 1986

• Explore an open world of open highways and sparkling skylines​
  • Deliver packages for a cast of characters in story missions, or in unlimited procedurally generated missions​
  • Upgrade your car from fixer-upper to lean muscle machine​
  • Unlock new garages to take longer jobs and explore more of the world​
  • Hire and manage drivers to build a business empire​
  • Stream radio, MP3s, and podcasts on your car stereo​
  • Photograph your journey with a range of lenses, filters and effects​
  • Turn off missions and time limits with Endless Night mode​
Oh yes, OH YES. This looks AMAZING. Please be good!

This reminds me, I should go back to ETS2 someday, or start the American counterpart. Plus buy the region DLCs too. Haven't played it in ages.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Oh yes, OH YES. This looks AMAZING. Please be good!

This reminds me, I should go back to ETS2 someday, or start the American counterpart. Plus buy the region DLCs too. Haven't played it in ages.
The Washington and Oregon DLC packs for ATS are pretty great. They recently added Sardinia to Italy, and now they're about to patch in Corsica for France. I love their dedication to the game. If you don't own the DLC, definitely wait for a sale. The bundle packs can get pretty cheap.

Deleted member 113

There's an event running until the 20th, where you can score some in-game items.

If you select short deliveries, it shouldn't take that long to reach the needed goal (12 deliveries).

Every time there's an event, I fire up the game, and do a few deliveries. :)
It's a good excuse to listen to some music (I listen to my mp3 playlists in-game).

Reactions: RionaaM

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
The Washington and Oregon DLC packs for ATS are pretty great. They recently added Sardinia to Italy, and now they're about to patch in Corsica for France. I love their dedication to the game. If you don't own the DLC, definitely wait for a sale. The bundle packs can get pretty cheap.
I wanted to get the DLCs for a long time. It's just that I couldn't justify it as it's been years since I last played it, but I'd love to go back every once in a while. Driving a truck under the rain while listening to a Swedish internet radio is a very relaxing experience.

There's an event running until the 20th, where you can score some in-game items.

If you select short deliveries, it shouldn't take that long to reach the needed goal (12 deliveries).

It's a good excuse to listen to some music (I listen to my mp3 playlists in-game).
That's good to know, thanks! I have the perfect excuse to play it now.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

ETS2/ATS is a lovely music listening simulator. There's a mod called ETS2 Local Radio that plays local radio stations automatically as you drive through countries. I don't always use it, but I'm glad it exists.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Why the fuck is Gensokyo Night Festival avaiable on literally every region but Brazil

EDIT - Apparently its due to missing age ratings, ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.