Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

I feel I should clarify something, in case it's not clear at first.

I posted this tweet above:

Some may read that tweet from Piko, and think they had a lot of work to do to fulfil rewards, and as an honest acknowledgment of their failing.

I should point out that there was only one tier on that Kickstarter campaign that included a Steam key.
It had... 21 backers.

Feel free to check yourselves:

So, those jackasses had the nerve of making fun of my complaints about not getting any information, and getting my reward 6 days after the game launched on Steam (and after much insistence), which I only mentioned as yet another example of their lack of effort to the (few?) people that have supported their efforts.

Deleted member 113

Going completely OT for a minute (is there such a thing in a MetaSteam thread? ;)), but this is awesome.
Someone made a Disco album using... speeches from the pro-Brexit campaign. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Even if you are pro-Brexit, you have to admit this is hilarious.
Just watch the trailer below:

I mean, seriously:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So much bullshit in that first Crash remastered game. I had to switch M/KB controls b4 I broke my DS4 out of frustration.

Surprisingly the game is much better and more fun with M/KB

Turns out Naughty Dog was always a PC game dev at heart ;)

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and Nabs

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Do we still get video games that are based of cartoons like we just to before in the GBA and DS era? I think there was still some in the 3DS era but they were just not nearly as common. I still have some fond memories of GBA games, thank you THQ. I guess in the future that licensed video games just will not be the same

As of late I have been watching more TV (more specifically cartoons) and boy there is a decent amount of ones coming out that are good. I just finished watching Gravity Falls (which has 2 seasons, it started in 2012 and ended in 2016 and has 40 episodes) and it was good the ending was rather sad. The show in the beginning was rather tame but as it went on it sort of got "crazier and crazier" I am guessing that is why it was moved from Disney to Disney XD.

I was mostly just playing video games/reading manga and going to school from 2014-2018 that I didn't really notice some of these shows/didn't have the urge to watch them. Maybe some of that has to do with how between 2010-2014 that there just was not that many good cartoons and most of them were on Cartoon Network (some of which sadly got canceled) most of what was on Nickelodeon was just Spongebob live action stuff and some newer cartoons that were just not that good. I have no idea about Disney.

But ya it does seem like there are more cartoons now and that Disney/Nickelodeon are trying to make more of them. It's what CN did but the issue with CN is that all of the shows that started in the 2010 era like Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Gumball are all over now.

So I have been in the mood to watch some shows and watching them while playing on my DS (this is what I did with DQIV and Gravity Falls, I think this is something that I use to do a lot in the past but the issue is that now my TV options are a lot more limited. This is sort of why I like live TV because I have no control over it but it does let me play with something playing the background, I do this since there are a lot of games that need you to grind a lot)

By the way stuff like Jimmy Neutron was very expensive to make and the studio that made that show had to shut down after the Ant Bully flopped (to this day I still have not watched that movie and I think it came out around the same time as Monster House, which I did actually go and watch and it was not as good as I remember it). If that movie didn't flop it might have still been around. CGI animation has gotten cheaper in more recent years has it not? Since there do seem to more shows now that use that, but the ones that I have seen are not as funny as Jimmy Neutron

Never trust movie trailers, there were at least 2 movie that I have gone to see in the past that were not nearly as good as the trailer made them out to be/were very different than what I had expected. Bridge to Terabithia was definitely one of these movies, I thought it would be something like Narnia but it was not.

Do we have an OT or something like that for western cartoons/TV shows?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
snip (cutting up since its so long)
If you liked Gravity Falls, Disney is starting The Owl House (Which a lot of people from GF worked on) in January which looks really good. Its one of my most anticipated shows right now. Netflix also has a lot of interesting projects and creators working on shows for them (Including Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls) so definitely looking forward to seeing what they have coming out

Also CN has been winding down for a while now. Steven Universe is ending, OK KO ended a few weeks ago and Infinity Train is pretty much the only thing im interested from them now (at least after SU ends). I was really into Villainous before it came out that the animation team was being worked for shit wages and weren't credited in the pilot. I guess Adult Swim has some cool stuff still at least.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Oh Gendys Primal is actually out now... time to go watch it.

This dude is a legend and I was even rewatching Clone Wars with my nephew (he liked it) and it still holds up. Sadly we don't really get action sequences like those all that often.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Do we still get video games that are based of cartoons like we just to before in the GBA and DS era? I think there was still some in the 3DS era but they were just not nearly as common. I still have some fond memories of GBA games, thank you THQ. I guess in the future that licensed video games just will not be the same

Yes, they exist.

There's mostly a handful of Cartoon Network games. Some Adventure Time, Steven Universe and OK K.O.! games. Most games based on cartoons are now mobile games though, which makes sense since that generation that's watching cartoons right now primarily experiences media through portable smart devices.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Yes, they exist.

There's mostly a handful of Cartoon Network games. Some Adventure Time, Steven Universe and OK K.O.! games. Most games based on cartoons are now mobile games though, which makes sense since that generation that's watching cartoons right now primarily experiences media through portable smart devices.
I should have added more information but that is sort of what I was trying to go for and how it's mostly mobile stuff now and not so much console stuff like it use to be years ago.

Also they still make browser games to this day (i'm not sure if those games work on phones though )

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Oh Gendys Primal is actually out now... time to go watch it.

This dude is a legend and I was even rewatching Clone Wars with my nephew (he liked it) and it still holds up. Sadly we don't really get action sequences like those all that often.
Check out Seis Manos on netflix a watch.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

In Transmission, you’re an overnight courier in an open world of chilled-out synthwave vibes. Think Euro Truck Simulator meets Jalopy on a rainy summer night in 1986

• Explore an open world of open highways and sparkling skylines​
  • Deliver packages for a cast of characters in story missions, or in unlimited procedurally generated missions​
  • Upgrade your car from fixer-upper to lean muscle machine​
  • Unlock new garages to take longer jobs and explore more of the world​
  • Hire and manage drivers to build a business empire​
  • Stream radio, MP3s, and podcasts on your car stereo​
  • Photograph your journey with a range of lenses, filters and effects​
  • Turn off missions and time limits with Endless Night mode​

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hmmm wondering if i should omit warcraft 3 remake from highlight threads.....

It reminds me sort of what WB does with it's DC stuff. I might give it a watch
It is a 70s kung fu flick set in Mexico. First part sold me, 2nd part got me intrigued.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I feel I should clarify something, in case it's not clear at first.

I posted this tweet above:

Some may read that tweet from Piko, and think they had a lot of work to do to fulfil rewards, and as an honest acknowledgment of their failing.

I should point out that there was only one tier on that Kickstarter campaign that included a Steam key.
It had... 21 backers.

Feel free to check yourselves:

So, those jackasses had the nerve of making fun of my complaints about not getting any information, and getting my reward 6 days after the game launched on Steam (and after much insistence), which I only mentioned as yet another example of their lack of effort to the (few?) people that have supported their efforts.
Those response are so childish that they are really uncomfortable

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else

In Transmission, you’re an overnight courier in an open world of chilled-out synthwave vibes. Think Euro Truck Simulator meets Jalopy on a rainy summer night in 1986

• Explore an open world of open highways and sparkling skylines​
  • Deliver packages for a cast of characters in story missions, or in unlimited procedurally generated missions​
  • Upgrade your car from fixer-upper to lean muscle machine​
  • Unlock new garages to take longer jobs and explore more of the world​
  • Hire and manage drivers to build a business empire​
  • Stream radio, MP3s, and podcasts on your car stereo​
  • Photograph your journey with a range of lenses, filters and effects​
  • Turn off missions and time limits with Endless Night mode​
This looks Epic.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hope there is some kind of launch offer on Disco Elysium.

Also about Digimon, I always thought it was just a Pokemon knockoff.XD I was never into either, but when it came out it was the impression I got.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
If you liked Gravity Falls, Disney is starting The Owl House (Which a lot of people from GF worked on) in January which looks really good. Its one of my most anticipated shows right now. Netflix also has a lot of interesting projects and creators working on shows for them (Including Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls) so definitely looking forward to seeing what they have coming out

Also CN has been winding down for a while now. Steven Universe is ending, OK KO ended a few weeks ago and Infinity Train is pretty much the only thing im interested from them now (at least after SU ends). I was really into Villainous before it came out that the animation team was being worked for shit wages and weren't credited in the pilot. I guess Adult Swim has some cool stuff still at least.
The Owl House looks interesting, thanks !

I'm a huge Gravity Falls fan and my SO and I were so sad when it ended (one of the rare times I actually cried because of a cartoon... but obviously not as much as at the end of toy story 3 where I probably must've destroyed my hygrometer).

Star vs. the forces of evil (S1 and S2) is the only show that somewhat managed to capture some of GF's atmosphere.

Reactions: Arsene

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Due to my budget
I would be getting grandia hd most likely
Prob. Off gog unless i can find steam key for an attractive price

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Also about Digimon, I always thought it was just a Pokemon knockoff.XD I was never into either, but when it came out it was the impression I got.
It's actually not, origins from both products are completely unrelated but at the same time both helped each other in a way. Digimon started as a tamagochi for boys with a few short comics while Pokemon started as a game itself, the real competition was with both original animes, but here almost everyone says Digimon was the winner, however when it comes to games, Digimon has always being a mix bag of ideas, sometimes A and sometimes B, while Pokemon knows what makes it so popular.

Reactions: Ascheroth and Wok

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It's actually not, origins from both products are completely unrelated but at the same time both helped each other in a way. Digimon started as a tamagochi for boys with a few short comics while Pokemon started as a game itself, the real competition was with both original animes, but here almost everyone says Digimon was the winner, however when it comes to games, Digimon has always being a mix bag of ideas, sometimes A and sometimes B, while Pokemon knows what it makes it so popular.
Ah didn't know they both came out closely, I just remember kids getting into it after Pokemon, or maybe it was just Sweden.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Finally got my Switch! It's pretty freakin' sweet. My next day off isn't until Friday so I won't really be able to dig-in until then.

Hardware thoughts:
Nice weight, not too heavy, not too light. Seems solidly built, it feels nice that everything clicks and locks. It's smaller than I thought, I feel like the internet pictures always made it seem bigger. This is a plus. Those bezels I always thought were big and ugly aren't actually all that bad.

The state of the E-Shop though, it's trash! Nintendo seriously needs to work on this.

All said and done though, I finally understand the "perfect for Switch" meme. This thing has me really tempted to double-dip on a lot of indies and smaller games where graphics don't matter too much...

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Finally got my Switch! It's pretty freakin' sweet. My next day off isn't until Friday so I won't really be able to dig-in until then.

Hardware thoughts:
Nice weight, not too heavy, not too light. Seems solidly built, it feels nice that everything clicks and locks. It's smaller than I thought, I feel like the internet pictures always made it seem bigger. This is a plus. Those bezels I always thought were big and ugly aren't actually all that bad.

The state of the E-Shop though, it's trash! Nintendo seriously needs to work on this.

All said and done though, I finally understand the "perfect for Switch" meme. This thing has me really tempted to double-dip on a lot of indies and smaller games where graphics don't matter too much...
Nintendo likely will not change the eshop and it will stay like that for another 3 years before there are any major changes.

lashman I beat DQIV, I known I known it's no longer September but... you should but my name on there for beating a game.

Also for what ever reason it seems that you need to turn off the game after beating it since it's stuck on a "fin" screen. I'm guessing it was like that because of the NES?

I was freaking out in the last boss fight though

Reactions: lashman

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
And I was another one of the followers of their page (until today), the one they never bother using, nor posting announcements to.
Also, I backed their 2 kickstarter campaigns, and own all but 4 or 5 of their games.

After the crap they posted on twitter, especially some later replies to me, good luck getting me to buy their future games.

I find it hilarious how a publisher doesn't do shit to promote their releases, talks down to the few people actually buying their releases or supporting their crowdfunding campaigns, and then complains about sales.

I mean, lets see:

-no one outside of Steam bothers carrying most of their games; heck, not even GOG has most of their games on their store, and they are one of the few places that carries older PC games.

-it's not Valve's job to promote their games, unlike what they think; they have tools to engage their community on Steam, like their publisher page, but don't bother posting any sort of info or news, to make followers aware of their new releases, and they have the nerve to talk about "Indiepocalypse"? More like "IndieStupidity".

-on their last kickstarter campaign, despite paying more than the price the game launched on Steam, I got my Steam key 6 days after release. They didn't bother posting any info on launch day, nor inform backers about their key delivery. I had to ask about it on several channels (twitter, kickstarter) for several days, and I finally got my key 6 days after launch. Why? Because they only bothered asking and generating keys after the game launched.

They don't bother promoting their games. They don't use the community features available on Steam, the only store that is willing to carry all their games, to make people aware of them. When their customers ask for something as simple as updating the art for the new Steam library currently on beta, they have the nerve of posting crap like:

As for their crowdfunding campaigns, they launch the games promised as rewards without even bothering to inform people, they make people wait a ridiculous amount of time for their keys, because they couldn't be bothered to ask Valve for some keys in a timely manner, and then they have the nerve of posting crap like:

Yeah, screw them.
Wow at their tweets. And I owned Super Noah's Ark 3D.

Blacklisted them from now on.

EDIT: Removed the Humongous Games bit. Forgot that Night Dive own the rights to them. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Thumbs up for Deliver Us The Moon, the additional chapter adds a lot of gameplay and I can see why people weren't happy before. Now it's a well made space adventure with a slowly unfolding story and good ending. Some not very hard puzzles, some wonderful sceneries. The writing isn't on par with the best of the walking sim genre but the overall experience is much, much superior to let's say Tacoma from which I expected something like this. Think I'll finally give Adr1ft a go.

It's out.

Deleted member 113

Has anyone seen a Shenmue 3 refund lying around?
Ys Net seems to have misplaced mine. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

In a few days it will be a month since I asked for a refund (on the first day they were available), and unfortunately, I'm yet to be one of the lucky 2 or 3 refunds they have been processing per week.
I'm now wondering if I'm getting one this year. :unsure:
I wish all the best to those who asked for a refund closer to the end of the deadline...

Deleted member 113

Do you have a way to reach them to have info about your refund ?
I do. I have two, actually.

I have a Backerkit email. They don't reply to anything. Never got one.
I can also send PMs to Ys Net on Kickstarter. They reply with generic replies, saying the same thing over and over:

«Thank you for contacting us. It may take 20 business days to 3 months from the time the refund request is made until the refund transaction is completed. We kindly ask for your patience while refunds are being processed.

Best Regards,
The Shenmue III Team»

So... yeah. :grimacing-face:

Reactions: Ruvon

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I'm thinking of getting one of those M.2 drives in preparation for the ridiculous space requirement that RDR2 will need.

Does anyone have any opinion on a good one? So far im looking at either a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB or ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB.

the ADATA is cheaper so im leaning towards that one at the mo.

Reactions: PC-tan

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Humongous Interactive games are published by Nightdive Studios, at least according to Steam ^^;

That Piko Interactive tweet reminded me of this

Consider what you are going to say, before you even say it.
That's why companies employing grown ups use vague 'We are working on it' even if they have no intention of doing anything. Instead of 'Fuck you, looooooooooooool'

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I do. I have two, actually.

I have a Backerkit email. They don't reply to anything. Never got one.
I can also send PMs to Ys Net on Kickstarter. They reply with generic replies, saying the same thing over and over:

«Thank you for contacting us. It may take 20 business days to 3 months from the time the refund request is made until the refund transaction is completed. We kindly ask for your patience while refunds are being processed.

Best Regards,
The Shenmue III Team»

So... yeah. :grimacing-face:
Well... Good luck... I guess you're not the only one in this situation.

But between this and your problems with Piko KS, maybe you should reconsider backing for a while :p

its steam
You made me think of something. You know what I'm surprised to still read these days ? People comparing paid Egsclusivities and publishers choice to only put their game on Steam with no other stores delivering keys for their game.

AI The Somnium Files is in this situation for example. No way to buy it in another place than Steam. So out of nowhere, I see comments like this :
Oh, it's another Steam exclusivity then, and no one complaints about it ! See, it's the exact same situation so stop shitting on EGS ! It's only happenning because of Steam dominant position !
I must admit, I'm lost here and I can't even think about an answer to this kind of nonsense.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.