Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Here's a tl;dr from the Saints Row livestream

• It's a passion project, being worked by Mike Watson (IdolNinja) and Thomas Jepp
  • Focus on performance, stability, integrating Steamworks (coop will return)
  • Audio is being fixed too
  • DLCs (previous X360 / PS3 only) will be added
  • Completely free, will be added to Saints Row 2 owners' library automatically
  • Gentlemen of the Row fixes will be implemented on the patch and the mod will be updated to work with the updated version of SR2
  • Saves made in the actual version won't be compatible with the updated one but you will be still able to play these by launching the old version
  • No release date
  • For now the update is only coming to the Steam version, but there's a chance of it coming to the GOG version in the future

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Thanks for that. I was wondering what would happen to Gentlemen of The Row and then remembered that IdolNinja works for Volition and HAD to have been involved. This should be good.

Reactions: Angelo

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Is something up with Steam reviews on particular games? I know I left a negative review for Bloodstained some months back, but it isn't showing up now. I just reviewed several other games and they are showing, but I"m trying to post one on Bloodstained and I click the "post" button and nothing happens. I can reload the page and see my other reviews fine, so far it's only Bloodstained that isn't working.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Horrible dialogue aside, why does that game look like total shit visually?
I'm almost sure that it's just a super messy development all over again

Yukes' left during mid-development, so Visual Concepts had to get a team to keep working on it (VC also works on NBA and they also are working on their next gen engine). WWE 2K engine apparently is horrible for both devs and players, so that didn't help either.

If 2K20 is already this mess I can't even imagine what 2K21 and 22 will be like since these games will be probably using another engine.

Reactions: Samson

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I missed my chance to contribute to the "old people complaining about streamers" part of the thread.

How different in speed is it from a regular SSD?
I was planning on getting maybe 2 M.2 drives since my motherboard has support for 2. I was thinking of getting a 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus and now that I see these Intel ones, maybe using the 2TB one in the other drive?

Is that kind of a dumb way to go about things? My current SSD is a Samsung Evo 840, are the regular speeds from the 660p faster than that? If they are about the same I might end up picking one up, and putting both games on it but also storing my Nvidia Shadowplay videos (which doesn't seem like a bad idea since you said that they are pretty reliable).

Asides from the m.2 Nvme that I was planning on buying I was also thinking of buying a 2TB SSD but I guess I would be better off just buying the 660p instead?

Oh I just realized that it's a 3D drive. I have not kept up with SSDs but from what I recall the 3D ones are the much slower ones? They would at least be a lot faster than the 7200p Hard drives that I currently have at least ?
Generally, there's no reason now if you have enough M2 slots to get a non-M2 SSD. The former will basically always be faster than SATA.
Also, while the 660p is slower than most high-end M2 SSDs, it's still faster than basically all SATA SSDs, which in turn are much faster (and much lower latency) than any HDDs.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
As Durante said any SSD will be Day-and-Night different to your current HDD even if it's 7200rpm.
Even my old Samsung 830 was stupid fast compared to my HDDs at the time..

Reactions: NarohDethan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I missed my chance to contribute to the "old people complaining about streamers" part of the thread.

Generally, there's no reason now if you have enough M2 slots to get a non-M2 SSD. The former will basically always be faster than SATA.
Also, while the 660p is slower than most high-end M2 SSDs, it's still faster than basically all SATA SSDs, which in turn are much faster (and much lower latency) than any HDDs.
Okay in that case I think I will be getting a 2TB 660p since it will be faster than my Evo 840 SSD. $200USD for a 2TB 660p seems like a decent price.

So the more high end drives would mostly be useful for content creation? Video production stuff? But since I have no plans to edit videos (just store them) then I will well enough with the 660p.

Should I keep my OS on my SSD or move it to the 660p?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
apparently he tried to .... that's why they're self-publishing it now (used to be humble)
That theory makes no sense to me, maybe I'm missing some pieces. Humble just released another game on Steam (Crying Suns) so why would they rather lose Disco altogether? Also the dev's contract with Humble didn't allow them to veto EGSclusivity but they could just abandon it no problem?

Reactions: MJunioR and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That theory makes no sense to me, or maybe I'm missing some pieces. Humble just released another game on Steam (Crying Suns) so why would they rather lose the game altogether? Also the Disco dev's contract with Humble didn't allow them to veto EGSclusivity but they could just abandon their original deal with Humble altogether no problem?
that's just what i heard ... and yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either

Reactions: Samson and MJunioR

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
SWERY's the best! Hopefully Edmund McMillen tweets they'd be happy with a swap. That'd be great.

Also here's some 2015 SWERY ( The DrinKING ) on a tour of his favorite places in Osaka.

There's possibly a hint as to where all the Owls come from too. Kinda.

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

In Transmission, you’re an overnight courier in an open world of chilled-out synthwave vibes. Think Euro Truck Simulator meets Jalopy on a rainy summer night in 1986

• Explore an open world of open highways and sparkling skylines​
  • Deliver packages for a cast of characters in story missions, or in unlimited procedurally generated missions​
  • Upgrade your car from fixer-upper to lean muscle machine​
  • Unlock new garages to take longer jobs and explore more of the world​
  • Hire and manage drivers to build a business empire​
  • Stream radio, MP3s, and podcasts on your car stereo​
  • Photograph your journey with a range of lenses, filters and effects​
  • Turn off missions and time limits with Endless Night mode​
That looks so good and the description reads like something that I may enjoy.

It's Gensokyo day.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Gensokyo looks super good. From the reviews (which there are a lot and is Overwhelmingly Positive) seems to be only like 30 minutes.

Seems up my alley but not sure about paying for a demo at this state.

Also a look at the original version:

Seems to have come a long way visually.

Reactions: PC-tan

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Gensokyo's Early Access and it seems they have a fantastic base to build upon. Do we know if this is "Complete" or are there more chapters to come?

Reactions: Arsene

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
I dunno how accurate SullyGnome's stats are these days, but the number of viewers both see are hilariously dogshit. Over the past two weeks, Anthem has a max viewer count of 133, and 100 for Artifact.

It's amazing that two absolute bombs came out within three months of each other.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I dunno how accurate SullyGnome's stats are these days, but the number of viewers both see are hilariously dogshit. Over the past two weeks, Anthem has a max viewer count of 133, and 100 for Artifact.

It's amazing that two absolute bombs came out within three months of each other.
amazing ... and sad :(

Reactions: Samson

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
BioWares confidence is probably shot as a studio right now. People legit hated and mocked Andromeda + now Anthem is a joke with weak support.

If I were them I would remake the goat Mass Effect trilogy for next gen. Just retouch as much of the visuals as you can but don't change the core at all. I've been wanting to replay the trilogy for a while now but I've beaten all 3 like 3-4 times already so I would love for an enhanced replay of some kind. Such amazing games!

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
It's still amazing to me how many people enjoy Deadly Premonition. That game is SUCH a specific homage to a very weird TV show (Twin Peaks) that I'm shocked so many people enjoy it.

I mean the show is loved (in a cult like way), but it isn't massively popular that I know. Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime a few years back was one of the most wonderfully weird things I've ever seen. It's a shame that I've never heard Swery's take on it.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
BioWares confidence is probably shot as a studio right now. People legit hated and mocked Andromeda + now Anthem is a joke with weak support.

If I were them I would remake the goat Mass Effect trilogy for next gen. Just retouch as much of the visuals as you can but don't change the core at all. I've been wanting to replay the trilogy for a while now but I've beaten all 3 like 3-4 times already so I would love for an enhanced replay of some kind. Such amazing games!
The memories of fans/gamers are so short that honestly, if they remake ME 1-3 and adjust a lot of 3, they'd be pretty quickly hailed as BioGods again (whether deserved or not).

The thing is, I doubt EA will allow that to happen. They're fully into GaaS mode, even though their entire output for this generation has been pretty mediocre.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
It's still amazing to me how many people enjoy Deadly Premonition. That game is SUCH a specific homage to a very weird TV show (Twin Peaks) that I'm shocked so many people enjoy it.

I mean the show is loved (in a cult like way), but it isn't massively popular that I know. Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime a few years back was one of the most wonderfully weird things I've ever seen. It's a shame that I've never heard Swery's take on it.
I think you're underestimating the fanbase of that show actually.

This is not a super telling gauge, but Twin Peaks has a similar number of IMDB ratings as Boardwalk Empire, IASIP, Downton Abbey and Battlestar Galactica. Which isn't to say it's a hugely popular show, but it has very a loyal fanbase, and the Venn diagram of "geek culture people into Twin Peaks" and "geek culture people into weird-ass video games" has a decent enough overlap. It firmly fits into the vein of "geek culture entertainment franchise" with an insane fanbase.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The memories of fans/gamers are so short that honestly, if they remake ME 1-3 and adjust a lot of 3, they'd be pretty quickly hailed as BioGods again (whether deserved or not).

The thing is, I doubt EA will allow that to happen. They're fully into GaaS mode, even though their entire output for this generation has been pretty mediocre.
BBC2 was a really good game by DICE but there games are not like that anymore.

Stuff like Dead Space are well just that dead.

EA is one of those companies that just almost never remakes(?) or remasters their own games.

I wonder if some of that has to do with how little money those remasters would make/ it would rise people's expectations of EA games since some of those felt more unique compared to the cookie cutter stuff they have now?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Wonder if now that I started reading One Piece I will soon be able to play the first Pirate Warriors.
Google check.
The first game cover until the Marineford arc. The Marineford arc begins with chapter 550.
I’m at chapter 40 or so.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Man, Spyro 3 is just throwing all sorts of nonsense at me. Skateboarding, racing, shitty friends, playing as shitty friends.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Wonder if now that I started reading One Piece I will soon be able to play the first Pirate Warriors.
Google check.
The first game cover until the Marineford arc. The Marineford arc begins with chapter 550.
I’m at chapter 40 or so.
Just wait for pirate warriors 4
By the time it releases you would be caught up.
Man, Spyro 3 is just throwing all sorts of nonsense at me. Skateboarding, racing, shitty friends, playing as shitty friends.
Hey man
Dont go trash talking my penguin general with the shoulder rocket launchers.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Google check.
I’m at chapter 40 or so.
I think I stopped 12 volumes in, the series is good but I just was not in the mood to keep reading.

That art style though

I am not a fan of the Verge but I did watch some of there videos right now. One of those was talking about streaming and well it just proved that we live in an age where almost anyone can be a "content creator" (entertainer?) and because of that we just have so much content at our disposal, it might be good content but realistically we will never get around to experiencing it all. In the video they were saying how some one could just release a new song every month or something like that. I don't know how music traditionally worked but I am guessing that it would take years before a new song would come out by some artist. Youtube is killing TV, but Youtube is also killing itself by trying to become TV. The same also goes for video games it just a lot easier to get your stuff out there. Not only that you are competing against all of these other people. I think I saw this in the simpsons but I have to agree that video streaming services typically only make 2 seasons to get you in the front door and then just stop after that, because even they known that there is too much content (by the way is the Walking Dead still going on? Is it even nearly as popular as it was back in the early 2010's?) by the way I think I stopped watching around season 4, which was before the spin off happened

The other Verge video that I say was kind of dumb
But Tony Hawk X Spyro was every kids dream though

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Google check.
I’m at chapter 40 or so.
See the bright side of being late, you now only have 21 years worth of manga to go, with no wait between chapters!

I lost interest in One Piece a long time ago, maybe I'll come back to it when it's finished.
And hopefully it will be better than Naruto.

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.