Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Speaking of SEGA Europe, am I wrong that it's been a while since they announced any new PC ports?
They have been really quiet. I would have expected them to have announced at least another Yakuza PC port or two by now. :(
Yakuza Kiwami 2 launched almost 6 months ago.
They are probably getting ready for next wave in 2020, MAYBE a little port before the year ends but that's about it, 2020 is when we will see new things such as Judgement and new Yakuzas on the platform.
I'm pretty sure that EA will come back in full swing, everything will be on Steam from the day1 and such. Think about it, if they don't every pc release would be an additional damage to their reputation (Why game x is on Steam and that one nope? Boo!!), all of that for what? Just to sell a copy or two of the saboteur? It would be better to just stay on origin at this point, just like the last 10 years or so. Nah, that's something that requires a full commitment, they have to gain good will and money as well in this day and age, they can't sustain an half-assed solution today.
We don't know about what Valve and EA agreed to do so we can pretty much only speculate about the possibilities, we will see....

Deleted member 113

I'm sorry for being a scratched record about this whole Shenmue 3 refund thing, but not only the week is ending, and I (and many others) still got nothing, but now many of the backers who asked for a refund, and backed for a physical copy, are receiving emails that their copies will be shipping soon. :eek:

I have really have no words.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
... and Fe, and A Way Out, and Sea of Solitude

i refuse to believe ANY of those games sold more than 10 copies on PC
Their keys sold out on amazon at least and i highly doubt they onlt got a dozen or so keys.
Well at least a way out. I think sea of solitude still has keys on amazon :v

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im so happy Outer Worlds is releasing day 1 on PC Game Pass. Everything I hear about it make it sounds really awesome. Waiting 1 year for it would be difficulty, but Game Pass makes it much easier.

My plan is simply to play through the game on game pass and then get the fixed up Steam version with mods when it's available.

As r/fuckepic puts it

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Trying to brute force Destiny 2 Shadowkeep to spare my disk space.

Random line I just heard :
We are eaten by what devours us
I'm not sure I can take this quality writing, Bungie, calm down.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

I put down Destiny 2 in part because of the child-like writing. If a game makes me roll my eyes more than once an hour it goes straight to the naughty step.

Reactions: Stevey and Li Kao

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I'm sorry for being a scratched record about this whole Shenmue 3 refund thing, but not only the week is ending, and I (and many others) still got nothing, but now many of the backers who asked for a refund, and backed for a physical copy, are receiving emails that their copies will be shipping soon. :eek:

I have really have no words.
Sounds like they want to keep your money :(

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm one of those "matte finish or bust" people. I tried a glossy monitor, couldn't unsee my stupid ugly mug staring blankly at myself.
"How glossy is it?" Is one of my main questions about a new monitor. If i can see a reflection in it then that's all i'll see. I don't care if the colours don't "POP" as much on a matte screen, glossy does my noodle in. I'm glad xxr got that scratch out though as that would do my head in too if i'd noticed and those Predator monitors apparently have great looking screens.

edit:
FunktionJCB How the hell can they be so incompetent about this, it's astounding they are capable of releasing games at all but there again i'd reckon the highest paid people at those places are the Financial Department so they can keep the loop-holes and delays going as long as possible. Wow, what a shitty way to treat your customers and fans but i suppose because you don't want to go with glorious EGS they don't care about you lot anymore.

Hopefully they'll fuck up even more and you'll actually get your refund instead of some semmingly scammy attempt to avoid paying you back.
Don't think about it, just concentrate on the good days ahead! The important things! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Speaking of SEGA Europe, am I wrong that it's been a while since they announced any new PC ports?
They have been really quiet. I would have expected them to have announced at least another Yakuza PC port or two by now. :(
Yakuza Kiwami 2 launched almost 6 months ago.
I don't think we'll see any more Yakuza games on PC until the Yakuza 3-5 collection is fully out for PS4, which will be in February next year.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I put down Destiny 2 in part because of the child-like writing.
Exactly what made me give up the TV show on episode 1. I assumed the game was no better, and according to reviews, Destiny 2 on release was the same old AAA bullshit with decent graphics.

You seemed to be exctatics about Destiny 2 being F2P on Steam, did it impoves that much ? Maybe DLCs made it better ?

Reactions: kafiend

Deleted member 113

Sounds like they want to keep your money :(
Oh, mark my words, I'll get a refund, one way or the other.

I'm the kind of guy that, once pissed off, I can really be really annoying. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I really don't have a problem wasting months, or years, filling complaints.

When Square Enix announced UK retail PC copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution would be region locked, so that customers from other European countries wouldn't be able to import it, and "take advantage" of the cheaper price, I filled a complaint with the European Union, who, unlike what people might think, actually work and act on issues like this one. And, the only reason the issue was dropped, and the EU didn't fine Square Enix, was because they caved in (probably after being contacted by them to provide further information on this), and the game ended up launching without any such region lock, that would have left out other EU countries.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I'm one of those "matte finish or bust" people. I tried a glossy monitor, couldn't unsee my stupid ugly mug staring blankly at myself.
Yuuup, the only thing that disgusts me more than glossy monitors are people who like glossy monitors. :blobxorcism: Okay not really but also fuck only being able to get glossy TVs these days, there's absolutely no way to avoid seeing a window in mine when it's still daylight. And at night even with all the lights turned off there's always something reflecting in it. Thankfully there are lots of options for matte notebook screens now, wasn't the case a while ago, even devices aimed at business users had that crap.

I'll probably sub to Origin Premier again for Fallen Order. :coffee-blob:
Note that EA is giving out a free month to anyone who is subbed to Premier and turns on 2FA during October.

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I don't like talking about other communities here and I usually don't, but a self-proclaimed """"progressive"""" and """""""left-leaning"""""" forum bringing all the "LMAO if you can't afford a console then don't play videogames LOL they're luxury goods LOL you have more important problems than videogames LMAO" bullshit when it comes to consoles prices is disgusting and fuck them.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't like talking about other communities here and I usually don't, but a self-proclaimed """"progressive"""" and """""""left-leaning"""""" forum bringing all the "LMAO if you can't afford a console then don't play videogames LOL they're luxury goods LOL you have more important problems than videogames LMAO" bullshit when it comes to consoles prices is disgusting and fuck them.
"lol you too poor to entertain yourself, lolol, go fuck your self or something"

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The shiny armor doesn't really fit. That tends to happen.

Disclaimer
Uh, I feel necessary to precise that my post is not an attack on progressive values. It's pretty 1st degree.
Just to be clear, I wouldn't want someone to read it and think I'm writing trash blah blah 'those SJW people', bla bla.

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Back to games: Nioh 2 looks pretty great. Release it on PC on day one, you cowards!

Unfortunately the game will have the same deal as the first one, 8-10 months of exclusivity and then probably PC-

Reactions: PC-tan

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018

Destiny 2's writing suffers from the modern plague of 'quirky' characters. I truly hate almost all of them.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I skip pretty much all cutscenes in Destiny 2. I start watching the cutscene for a few seconds and go like "Meh, gonna skip this one".

Reactions: Alexandros

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I know what thread you're talking about and while it pains me deeply to defend them it's not that bad, there was one troll earlier who has been a complete ass in other threads since the weekend and is now banned and ofc a few others taking cheap shots but many agree that 499 would be too high. Personally I'm not so sure, we're talking about the launch price afterall. Cheap gaming that as many people as possible can afford is great (ideally including free online) buuuut that doesn't mean new hardware needs to be superaffordable day 1, prices will go down, sales will happen and considering how crappy currentgen turned out to be (let's ignore Xbox's higher price since it was due to Kinect and not more power) 399 seems to be a tad too low for something that will be around ~7 years.

achievements!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
derFeef Good to see you back! Hope the recovery goes well and quickly!
Is Steam trying to download the files or just saying it will? Because i've had that before and it only downloads a few megs, confirms the files are legit and finishes. I don't want to say "go for it" in case it does want to download the whole 80GB again.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Also hello, was in hospital for 4 weeks :( Still not 100% fit.
Shit, a lot of members having health issues recently :confounded-face:
All the best to you and kafiend !

-

I have been toying with finally playing classic CRPG for some times, Fallout and Bloodlines are installed. Wasn't really fun to hunt for fan patches and discover on modb comment section that the purist version of Fallout Fixt is not fucking purist enough.

Now, I'm wondering if I should buy the steam app that does clean scaling, Lossless Scaling. What do you think people ?

Thinking about Disco Elysium but the level of English used looks quite high :fearful-face:

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
derFeef Good to see you back! Hope the recovery goes well and quickly!
Is Steam trying to download the files or just saying it will? Because i've had that before and it only downloads a few megs, confirms the files are legit and finishes. I don't want to say "go for it" in case it does want to download the whole 80GB again.
Thanks! :)
Yeah it is downloading, at 1GB right now, might as well try it again to copy the whole thing anew... Weird never had this happen, was always smooth sailing with copying games.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
So, the NZ trick for early unlock doesn't work for The Outer Worlds on PC and it is probably because of EGS? No comments :(

How sad is that I'm preloading it now (maxing my conenction) and wanted to stream something to watch, but I'm kind of afraid of hitting "pause" because who knows if the Windows Store will be able to resume without problems. Kind of remind me of the "good old days" when you got a stable download from a site and then you stopped doing everything else to not mess it up.

Also, hope you have a speedy recovery derFeef

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hmm so I wanted to copy Destiny 2 to another PC and although Steam discovered the files during installation, it still wants to download all of the 80GB afterwards. ?

Also hello, was in hospital for 4 weeks :( Still not 100% fit.
Hoping the best for you bud.

Reactions: derFeef

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Oh you need the .acf file as well, then Steam knows the game is really "downloaded" - kinda dumb. There was one available for D2 online.
I wonder... if there some sort of .acf database?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I'm ready too! (but for what? :sorryblob: )

Winter.
Crushing loneliness in the face of existential ennui.
To use steam's launching feature and clean up your desktop!

My massive backlog usually carries me right through Dec 15th until all of those things overwhelm me.
Sources: The Last of Us 2 Delayed To Spring

lol (no official confirmation yet though).
Holy fluffer if true. The spring of horror is coming. I mean.... jesus wept. Get cracking on dem backlogs boi's.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So this is pretty much Super Robot Wars, but with only the Gundam franchise?
More or less, but not really.

Gameplay wise, they're pretty similar. It's turn-based strategy where you can see the animations while attacking/defending (optional). But the main difference is the story progression and customization.

Super Robot Wars is like a linear (with some branching paths) visual novel. You follow the main scenario from start to finish, while recruiting robots from various franchises along the way. You can upgrade their stats and equip parts, and that's it. In SD Gundam G, you can choose to follow which Gundam story you want to enjoy. Each story have several missions, usually in normal and hard mode (or higher). The main attraction of SD Gundam is unit acquisition and customization. In missions, you can choose to capture enemy units by defeating their leader or mothership. You can then sell the unit for cash or use them. You can also level up your units and combine them with another one(s) to create a new unit, or just upgrade it to the next tier (like from GM to GM II). You can also find and recruit various pilots as they don't come with their units.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, it has come a looooong way.

From "There's absolutely no way that a SD Gundam game is coming to PC" to "The newest SD Gundam game is only coming to PC in the West"
RIGHT? it makes you wonder how fast things have gone, from 0 to 100 in like, 4 years, Jeez, that's amazing.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

That's pretty deep

Disco Elysium flew completely under my radar, the game looks really interesting.
It even flew under the radar of major publications as well?

For the SD Gundam thing, it does seem that people are complaining and they can if they so choose. But isn't one of the reason for why it's coming to the west "as PC only" because it's technically the Asia release but they just decided to not region lock it?

Compared to consoles where that's not how it works at all because you have to get your game rated and then have it sent to the branch of where ever you are releasing it to (it takes a lot of time and money) and compared to all of that, this is wayyy cheaper.

In a way my theory has somewhat been debunked because of the tweets by Bandai US and Bandai EU. But once again that is very cheap marketing to let people know that it's a thing.
Bandai won't be leaving Steam with all the money it's making off of it.

I think I even saw some post about "what makes Steam special", which I'm guessing is referring to why only Steam in thr west and not consoles in the west

Reactions: Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.