Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Time for Halloween special! I've never played Dead Space games before, so I wanted to finally give it a try and check how well it aged. And even though I'm not a big horror fan, I must admit that this game is damn good.

Also, playing it at 5K/144FPS and it doesn't feel like an old game at all. Sometimes it worth to replay old games just to pump out all settings and see them in full glory.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Also, any rare sales or historical lowest this Haloween Steam sale?
I know State of Decay, Sherlock Holmes, and few more.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
They are installed on the same drive.
I am reading that I need to download the uplay version since the Steam version is missing a large amount of data
Well, that's possible. I played AC2 through Steam two years ago and all went fine but guess something might have changed since then.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Random Twitch loot no one was waiting for appears.

They cool. Now those other wannabe Germans down there though.... :blobxorcism:

Turtles coming back?

Uuuuh Out of the Shadows wasn't that good but I still intend to play it myself. Doesn't help that it has such ugly ass designs for the turtles :S
Now a TMNT classics collection? You could get my money day 1 Konami.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
There's never going to be a remake of P.T. because no one yet has figured out all the mechanics in the original

Reactions: Trisolarian

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
New Steam Beta update notes

Library
  • Display uninstall option for games that have expired after a free weekend

Remote Play
  • Fixed hang connecting to Mac OS X hosts

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
505 strikes again!

It's infuriating when people put their trust, and hard earned money, on some of these campaigns, and then the developers, or in this case a publisher that came onboard, treats these people as an afterthought.

Unfortunately I have experienced this several times in a multitude of crowdfunding campaigns (even Bloodstained, a campaign where people were "made" to pay more for exclusive in-game content that didn't end up exclusive, or for physical copies, when retail copies had better packaging or extras), so my sympathy goes out to Japanese gamers who backed the game.
Yeah, I will not be surprised if 505 will botch Death Stranding PC as well. Even if they won't end up at EGS, at the very least they will have terrible regional pricing, piecemeal DLCs, Denuvo, or all of the above.

They're probably not as bad as Nicalis, for example, but seeing lots of Twitter posts from Japanese backers with damaged packaging in flimsy cardboard feels to me like cutting a lot of corners typical of "fuck you, got mine" attitude of most companies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My 30 min into Afterparty can be summed into this gif:

Im playing it via Xbox Game Pass. So far it's okay, but I like Oxenfree more.
So it's not as good as Oxenfree?

I really liked Oxenfree I even purchased it multiple times, I own it on Steam,PS4 and N/S.

The only thing I use EGS for is redeeming the free games (maybe in the future they will improve their store and I might actually buy stuff from them, who knows) and I think Oxenfree was the only game that I didn't redeem for free.

My most rare achievement on Steam is actually from Oxenfree.

I do like how the game does have a unique style, the dialogue options are nice since they do affect the story. The different ending also made it worth it to play through multiple times

Does Afterparty just not have the same charm because of game mechanics or because of the characters?

The music in Oxenfree is also great and I really liked it

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Finally finished the Underlords proto battle pass. Might as well because after the update my win rate went down so much. Not making it back to big boss at this rate...

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So some good news, it seems like I have re-enrolled in school and that I will be able to sign up for classes, I still need to talk to admissions about a hold but that shouldn't be much of an issue and on top of that It looks like I will be getting my classes paid for so I will need to do is pay for transportation to school and also my school supplies. The supplies may cost me about $200-$300 USD depending on the books and online services my instructors have us use.

It's happening

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
The germans here have some semblence of class. (yes it's okay to laugh at trump, 2/3 of america is doing it too.)

altho belgians

Reactions: sk2k

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So Frontier is mad because they didn't get enough coverage?

I feel mixed about this. One you can say that it's Frontier job to reach out to media to get their game covered and all of that, but isn't it also the media that should reach out as well?

People at least already know that the game exist if you look at Steam it is one of the top 10 most wishlist games on there.

Is this a situation of the news media feeling "privileged" and that it should be given to them? (I am not a fan of IGN and avoid them)

But also that the dev feels like people should just be covering their game in general?

I would imagine that for smaller sites that they would be the ones that would reach out to Frontier (and that they are the ones getting review keys?) but for bigger sites it should be the devs/publisher that should be reaching out to them?

I could be wrong but isn't Planet Zoo only coming to PC (I would imagine some of that has to do with how the genre is mostly popular on PC also aren't these games rather CPU heavy?) and wouldn't that mean that Frontier should be going to places like PC Gamer and RPS since those places will give that game a decent amount of coverage (I think I even saw Logitech giving the game coverage when it was in beta for people that pre-ordered the game, which seems to be what Frontier wanted but IGN didn't seem to do?)

This is bad on the dev/publisher as well because this goes to the whole Steam thing and how it should be devs/publishers that should be reaching out to the media to get their game covered since just putting it up on Steam will not make the game sell alone (Frontier is also selling the game on their own store so it does give people choose of where they want to buy it from, but that's a different topic, but it's there).

So who is in the wrong?

What I find most interesting is some of the responses, so stuff like people not wanting to support Frontier just because they refused to give IGN a review copy (review copies are an issue in of itself, since it does feel like reviewers will give a game a higher review than it should, and since they don't have to buy copies of the game they don't have the same impressions as someone that purchased the game. Is this true?), which that individual can if they want to but it does seem like a very strange reason. But then it could also be seen as the dev just being to arrogant or something like that.

Just remember everyone there are just TOO many games to review, the Steam review system is by no means perfect but I prefer that to what ever else you see on the internet (heck most of the time Steam reviews are among of the first things you see when searching for some games online).

Yay I didn't name call

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
So they made a John Wick / Beat Saber-ish stylized VR shooter. I don't you need to be into VR to enjoy this vid:

Reactions: PC-tan

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Info on upcoming Atelier Ryza optimization update

Thank you for purchasing Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout.

Currently, we have received a lot of feedback from players regarding optimization.
After reviewing player feedback we have been looking into ways to improve the optimization of the game to resolve the mentioned issues. We are planning to release an update soon.

Update details:

1. Addition of graphic options
An option to adjust various graphic expressions in the game will be added to the launcher displayed before starting the game.
Using the graphic option, you can adjust it according to your PC environment.

2. Addition of mouse operations
In addition to the keyboard, mouse options can be set from the launcher displayed before the game starts.
You can play the game using the mouse by setting any controls to various buttons on the mouse.
Activating the “Allow mouse operation” option enables camera operation with the mouse.

3. Adjustment of screen resolution setting
Regarding the screen resolution that can be set in “Settings” of the launcher displayed before starting the game, it will be adjusted so that the maximum resolution can be selected according to the connected monitor even if it is not in full screen mode.

4. Improvement of usability
A function will be added so players can leave the game from the desk in the Atelier.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I thought it's this game from Platinum.

What happened to the game anyway? Seems like it came out and suddenly pulled out.
This was the last Acti + Platinum game released and it was available on Steam (and other digital stores) for less than a year. Acti never cared about these games as they probably just signed a deal with Platinum so they could milk those licenses (TMNT, Korra and Transformers) one last time.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Speaking of Ryza, it has 4.6k CCU peak at launch. That's like more than 10x times from the previous games.

KT's most successful Steam launch is still Nioh though, with 10k CCU peak. :coffee-blob:

Reactions: Arsene and PC-tan

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

You were working with the other actors and Hideo onset?

Sometimes the other actors were there. A lot of times it was just me and Hideo. He would have a plastic baby doll on the ground and want me to cradle it and act like it’s dead. Then act like it’s alive. Then freak out because there’s handprints everywhere. You stand up and he goes, imagine there’s a thousand dead whales in front of you, and you’re like, 'What?!' His mind is on another level. He’s a genius’ genius. He and I got into a shorthand where he would look at me and he would point and frown and make a face and I would just go, yep, I got it. We sort of transcended the language barrier after a while.
The jury is still out on Kojima being a genius' genius until I heard Winding Refn's chef take on all this. :dana_blanket:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
KT : Look at all of this money that we are making from sales of the game in general

KT: Wow these PC sales are way higher than usual, lets not pay much attention to them

Game releases: Fans are not happy, people refund the game

KT: Our Money!!!!! Quick do something

KT: Okay we listen to our customers which is why we plan to fix some of the issues

KT: If we our lucky they will not call us out on this later on

So if this game sold decently, KT would have just moved on wouldn't they?

Tighs both ruined and saved this game.

Also about the PhysX for this game, any chance of that getting fixed?

Is the pre-order DLC gone?

Speaking of Ryza, it has 4.6k CCU peak at launch. That's like more than 10x times from the previous games.

KT's most successful Steam launch is still Nioh though, with 10k CCU peak. :coffee-blob:
Will Nioh 2 top 10k?

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
* does cartwheels aggressively *

who got an invitation to the latest Halo beta? THIS GUY !

...too bad it's on the windows store...
edit: hmmm. The download is only 100MB and when I launch the game I'm greeted with a splash screen. That's it. No noticeable disk or network activity. Have I been bamboozled ? Did I get into the Halo wallpaper beta ?

Last edited:

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
4 days until the end of the Kickstarter for Everspace 2 and they're still missing 120k euro. That's their response about the reason of this struggle with the Kickstarter, despite having a good concept available:

Hi PinkiePie, we will launch our online shop next week, no matter how the campaign ends. Rest assured, lack of visibility is not the issue (we had 100M+ views of the EVERSPACE 2 announcement and 20M+ views for our Kickstarter campaign), a severe loss of trust in developers/publishers is! /Michael
Thanks Epic I guess :/

Status
Not open for further replies.