Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY

Deleted member 113

Japanese backers furious after not being sent copies of Bloodstained
505 strikes again!

It's infuriating when people put their trust, and hard earned money, on some of these campaigns, and then the developers, or in this case a publisher that came onboard, treats these people as an afterthought.

Unfortunately I have experienced this several times in a multitude of crowdfunding campaigns (even Bloodstained, a campaign where people were "made" to pay more for exclusive in-game content that didn't end up exclusive, or for physical copies, when retail copies had better packaging or extras), so my sympathy goes out to Japanese gamers who backed the game.

JMTHEFOX

Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
505 strikes again!

It's infuriating when people put their trust, and hard earned money, on some of these campaigns, and then the developers, or in this case a publisher that came onboard, treats these people as an afterthought.

Unfortunately I have experienced this several times in a multitude of crowdfunding campaigns (even Bloodstained, a campaign where people were "made" to pay more for exclusive in-game content that didn't end up exclusive, or for physical copies, when retail copies had better packaging or extras), so my sympathy for Japanese gamers who backed the game.
Yeah, that's why its vital for Kickstarter campaigns to avoid neglecting Japanese backers.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Durantes logo is strange, I understand the origin of the name but why is one f the circles not like the others
This is the PH3 logo:

For the PH3 games logo we wanted something other than just the color to be different, so that's why one of the spheres is polygonal.

Really important stuff ;)

Also, I contacted K-T a few times already, I guess I could try again at some point when we have more time. It's really a shame that their PC versions such so much, the art deserves to be appreciated at 4k with MSAA and proper shadow filtering.

neutral ... just some data from him :)
It's interesting that he thinks 1.33% is on the high end. I always thought it was generally around that or higher when trying to estimate sales from reviews.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's interesting that he thinks 1.33% is on the high end. I always thought it was generally around that or higher when trying to estimate sales from reviews.
i can only assume he knows that from talking to other devs (or maybe even volvo themselves)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This is the PH3 logo:

For the PH3 games logo we wanted something other than just the color to be different, so that's why one of the spheres is polygonal.

Really important stuff ;)

Also, I contacted K-T a few times already, I guess I could try again at some point when we have more time. It's really a shame that their PC versions such so much, the art deserves to be appreciated at 4k with MSAA and proper shadow filtering.
WE NEED MORE NEWS ABOUT YOUR PROJECTS, MAN :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
But how do they know a purchase is from reviews? For example, I ALWAYS look at the average rating for review before buying, so I don't read reviews per se but my purchase is definitely based partly on reviews.

JMTHEFOX

Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Ohhh nice. they using full steam integration or we got no idea yet
Apex will be Steam integrated and wont require origin according to Respawn, Fallen Order requires Origin and wont have Steam Achievements or Trading cards at launch but its something they’re looking into.

No word on any other EA title unfortunately

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Ohhh nice. they using full steam integration or we got no idea yet
Star Wars - no steam integration beyond downloads and updates

Apex - apparently won't require Origin at all (according to Respawn)

so who the hell knows :p

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Motion Twin transfers development of Dead Cells to new studion Evil Empire; Co-op mode scrapped
Not sure if you made a typo or thought that they were going to implement co-op mode in Dead Cells.
I read the first part of the article, the more I read it the more confused I got. Then I finally realized that there is no hierarchy in the company. Everyone is equal in the company meaning they all get the same salary. With the newly formed company Evil Empire, they are scrapping this model; the co-op model.
So there was never a co-op mode planned for the game

JMTHEFOX

Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure if you made a typo or thought that they were going to implement co-op mode in Dead Cells.
I read the first part of the article, the more I read it the more confused I got. Then I finally realized that there is no hierarchy in the company. Everyone is equal in the company meaning they all get the same salary. With the newly formed company Evil Empire, they are scrapping this model; the co-op model.
So there was never a co-op mode planned for the game
Edited the post just now. Apologies for the confusion.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Then I finally realized that there is no hierarchy in the company. Everyone is equal in the company meaning they all get the same salary. With the newly formed company Evil Empire, they are scrapping this model; the co-op model.

EXTREMELY fucking disappointed in them right now, not gonna lie ...

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
But how do they know a purchase is from reviews? For example, I ALWAYS look at the average rating for review before buying, so I don't read reviews per se but my purchase is definitely based partly on reviews.
I think you misunderstood, the number is the percentage of people who bought the game and left a review, not the ones who bought the game because they read a review :)

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I would be curious about other devs sharing those review percentages.

I should probably write more reviews myself tho.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
EXTREMELY fucking disappointed in them right now, not gonna lie ...
I was too, but reading the article, I can understand some of the motivation. It seems like their implementation of the co-op model needs some tweaking. Programmers shouldn't be able to hamstring the design team, using one of the examples from the article. Anyway, that was a fascinating read.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Monooboe and all other achievement hunters
Steam has responded regarding the achievement rarity list

Hi, sorry we haven't replied sooner.

Some data got corrupted in the system that tracks achievement percentages. While we have backups, it's difficult to determine precisely when the stats got reset, or how many achievements were unlocked in between when the backup last ran and when the numbers got reset. The system has been mostly untouched since 2007 and runs on an old database that we don't really use anymore, so it's overdue for an overhaul.

Given all that, we are working on building a new system for tracking the global achievement data. This is almost complete, after which there will be some time while we count up all of the achievement unlocks again (there are billions and billions). Once it's caught up, we'll switch over to reading the numbers from the new system, and the unlock percentages should return to normal.

I'll keep this thread updated on our progress.
Sounds like they haven't done anything to the achievements since it was introduced to Steam. I hope that they do more with achievements, more stats hopefully :D

Status
Not open for further replies.