Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearls of Wisdom
  • Deleted member 113

watch that "early access period" magically last EXACTLY 12 months .........
    I'm getting rather tired of all the crap developers/publishers do.

Gaming for me is a hobby that's supposed to be about having fun, and a diversion to take my mind away from my daily life.
    But, sadly it has turned into an obnoxious "milking" of customers, be with with pre-order exclusive content, crowdfunding exclusive content, retailer exclusive content, multiple season passes (that frequently don't even cover all DLCs; you have to buy some on the side), microtransactions, and more.
    On top of that, you have content and modes temporarily, or definitely, exclusive to some platforms, and now, on PC, we even have to deal with time-exclusive releases for certain launchers (because clearly, launching on as many platforms as possible is asking too much).

Apparently, just going to a store (physical or digital), and buying a full product (without missing out on some content) is asking too much.

I was already expecting to pretty much stop buying "big" titles in 2020, considering I have an insane backlog that would take me several lifetimes to tackle, and it's time to stop adding to it, and finally play older titles I really want to play, but haven't yet, but crap like this from pretty much every major "indie" publisher is making me simply stop caring about this hobby, or at least new releases.
    I mean, even publishers like Raw Fury, Versus Evil, and Curve Digital, smaller publishers in the big picture, have jumped on this sad bandwagon of locking their titles to a launcher that, after the crap that Epic pulled with several games I crowdfunded, I'll never use.
    And personally, I find the notion of them releasing their games on other places a year later as particularly insulting, since they essentially acting like they are doing a favour to gamers that use these platforms by allowing them to give them money.

I keep hearing that I should think about the developers, how I should care about their well-being.
    You know what, screw them. If they don't care for me enough to treat me with the minimum amount of respect, instead of trying to "milk me" at every opportunity, and now even trying to dictate how and where I get to spend my hard-earned money on their products, why should I care about them?

Respect is a two-way street.

The news about Paradox is neither surprising, nor particularly upsetting by itself.
    But, by now I have blocked on Steam the publishers who pulled this crap, and I really don't feel like giving them my money, or supporting them any further, so I'm now left with a couple of publishers (like Koei Tecmo, who is bad for other reasons, like the pricing of their titles, and their appalling DLC strategy), and not much else.

AG removal
  • xxr

Member of the Abyss
    Dec 21, 2018
    but ... why? o_O
    If you're not drenching your expensive monitor in water... what are you even doing with your life? :unsure:

I'm confused what's happening?
    Witchcraft is what's happening.

And behold... after having the coating moisturized for ~5h I managed to pull it off easily in one go! (Pretty much exactly like this)

This is the result:

If you have any questions regarding black magic, voodoo or any type of witchcraft... just send them my way.

Long story short: I managed to scratch the monitor and I just couldn't live with it so I decided to get rid of the anti-glare coating of the monitor by dissolving the glue with water. Now the colors are more vibrant than before but as a result of the removal there's--of course--no anti-glare coating so it's very shiny and reflective now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.