Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
If you were you should give some money to yourself

Also I did it. I beat DQ QIV Post Game. I have no intention to 100% the game (I am not even sure if I can because there is a part of the game that is locked behind playing with other people that also have a physical copy of the game)

At the end of it all the post game stuff is a nice touch (it was not in the original NES release but it was added to the PSOne, DS, and Mobile remake versions though).

The game was fun and it did have it's moments, is it my favorite DQ game? I would say no. I did like the characters but lack of party chat was an issue that I had with the game (looks like it was added to the mobile version of the game though).

7/10. (it's more like a 7.7/10)

I give it this score since it was fun and all but it also felt sort of archaic in design, yes it originally was a NES game but the way that you found out about some things was not to my liking. I used a guide and that helped me a lot. I am the type of person that talks to ever NPC but even with that I was still not able to understand how the guide lead me to one place and then the next (based of what the NPCs told me I would not have been able to piece together what I needed to do). I sort of like that in a way (since it encourages you to talk to NPC but even then they don't always make sense).

Do I recommend this game? Yes I do, If you could only play one of the DQ games would I suggest that you play this one instead of the others? No, since later games are more beginner friendly and have added quality of life stuff.

I can now officially declare this game cleared and I will now be retiring it.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So now that I have beat DQIV I am not sure what to play next. I think I am just going to play through Code Vein, on my PC but I'm not sure what portable game to play. Is Detective Pikachu any good? I might just play that game. Since it seems to take less than 20 hours to beat.

So ya I finally beat a game and then I have to make the tough choice of which one to play next/finish next. So many games started, even less finished

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
Indivisible is this weird mess of a game where I like the art style and soundtrack but dislike the story and the boring platforming section while the gameplay is just ok. Even the people who like it acknowledge that it has a lot of flaws.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
So I thought I might try Disco to see how it runs on my laptop for while I'm traveling, and I got a whopping 9 FPS on the thing.
Nothing to do with your laptop: the game is demanding.

I don't get 30 fps with my desktop computer. Thankfully, the game is still playable with what I get.

A useful trick is to zoom in on the scene to have a smoother experience.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Paradox Con is currently running:
Surviving the Aftermath Announcement Trailer
It seems to be a survival colony builder (gasp). Available today on the EGS in Early Access.

Next DLC for Stellaris is Stellaris Federations (Diplomacy focused?) Next Species Pack Lithoids (Rocks).

First DLC for Age of Wonders Planetfall Revelations (Release November 19 2019)

New DLC for Battletech (Heavy Metal) releases on the November 21st.
  • 8 new Mechs
  • 8 new Weaponsystems
  • Possibility to string together Flashpoint Mini-Campaigns to one big campaign?
Accompanying Patch:
  • Official Mod support
  • 2 new Mechs

New DLC for Hearts of Iron IV:
La Resistance (Espionage, Resistance)

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Halloween is coming, it's Dead Space time!
And it's just as excellent today as it was a decade ago. Though it is a bit slow and clunky at times, it didn't age too much, but you feel the RE4 influence being a bit intrusive in all the TPS games of that era. And the constant arena fights with the low enemy variety make it quite repetitive.
Lovely game, even with some issues.

Now Dead Space 2 on the other hand... well it's also an excellent game actually? I know that there are people that are not too hot about the game, and I like the atmosphere a bit less; the new environment are much more varied but the story and Isaac talking is weird (though the hallucinations are great) and not quite as engaging.
But it feels like a bit less of a fetch quest, and it has much better gameplay, the new weapons are top notch, and I LOVE the randomized spawn points of ennemies: even when you die, it won't always be the exact same sequence and that's good. Much better than yet another quarantine sequence in Dead Space 1, that got grating... plus it has many, many more different types of ennemies. I don't mind fighting a few of them at once rather a couple waves of necromorphs.
It's kinda like Aliens after Alien: I like the atmosphere more in the first, but it's still excellent in its own right.

Really sad that it's a dead franchise... :disappointed-face:

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
I know most people are busy playing Disco Elysium and Digimon, but a few days ago Chernobylite was released in Early Access, and as a huge S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series fan I couldn't miss this game.

If anyone is interested in this game as well, I've made a preview video about it:

In short, it looks very promising, but it's not worth getting it now, because they still have a lot of work to do before leaving Early Access.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Just saw the Star Citizen DF video that was posted earlier and wow I need it now! Well the finished game that is.:D Reminds me of Project Entropia, or as it was called later Entropia Universe. I had so much fun in that game, one of the few online games that really felt like an virtual world. Also I think the way the made ingame money have real world value quite good. For example, I sold of rare items ingame (a bunch of underwear haha), transferred the ingame money to a real world ATM cards, got the cash and bought myself a Wii and a bunch of games.:D

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I know most people are busy playing Disco Elysium and Digimon, but a few days ago Chernobylite was released in Early Access, and as a huge S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series fan I couldn't miss this game.

If anyone is interested in this game as well, I've made a preview video about it:

In short, it looks very promising, but it's not worth getting it now, because they still have a lot of work to do before leaving Early Access.
Hey cheers for that vid. Im very tempted by this game, it looks great but i think i'd rather just play it once complete.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Imagine Tim paying for exclusivity for this....thing:

While Steam and game pass get's Crusader Kings 3.

Haha.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh nice, so I should probably wait for a bit and see if any of the games I want will go on sale.
well the Halloween one will be thematic, so you'll probably have to wait until the Autumn Seal to be completely sure

:steam_cleanseal:

Reactions: MJunioR

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
yeah, probably

i wanted to install it yesterday, but i don't have that kind of HDD space, sadly :( gonna have to wait
Lol, tell me about it. I bought 1TB SSD early this year and thought that it'll be more than enough for me, but after I started making my videos, now I constantly have to clean it up because video recording in 4K/1440p takes A LOT of space. On the other hand, now I have the motivation to speed up and make my videos faster because sooner I'll finish the game, sooner I'll make a video about it and free up the SSD space for other stuff. I was slacking a lot in recent years, playing some games for insanely long periods, so it's good that video editing helps me to get a little more focused.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Lol, tell me about it. I bought 1TB SSD early this year and thought that it'll be more than enough for me, but after I started making my videos, now I constantly have to clean it up because video recording in 4K/1440p takes A LOT of space. On the other hand, now I have the motivation to speed up and make my videos faster because sooner I'll finish the game, sooner I'll make a video about it and free up the SSD space for other stuff. I was slacking a lot in recent years, playing some games for insanely long periods, so it's good that video editing helps me to get a little more focused.
yuuup ... video stuff takes up A LOOOOOOOOT of space

also, i just noticed:

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Heh, encountered a Finnish swearword in Disco, kind of google translated since I haven't heard it said like that, Mulkkupää.:D Usually it's Munapää. Meaning Dickhead.
From Cunoesse?
Absolutely great characters, the both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.