Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Super Mombo Quest is a good one. Check that out before the rush of demos if you're into platforming games.

Reactions: lashman and Echoes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I mean, it was covered enough before launch that the game was more like divinity and less like Baldur's Gate 2
Also, to be perfectly frank. I feel like the Divinity games are the rightful successor to old CRPGs like Baldur's Gate.

Sure, it's not real time with pause, but seeing how Divinity Original Sin 2 provided you with a complex world, that feels alive and reacts to any choice you make, and a set of companions with their own views and choices, who could even turn against you in the plot. That all feels to me like what Baldur's Gate was always aiming at as well. And Larian has actually managed to make the world feel much more reactive than the old Baldur's Gate games ever were.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
A couple of affected regions have better pricing on gog from what I'm hearing. It's definitely unexpected considering they are self publishing.
yeah .... people are already complaining in steam forums, but so far no replies from the devs (and i imagine it's gonna stay that way ... usually does)

Deleted member 113

Just got into the Prodeus Playtest, played it for about one and a half hours and holy fucking shit.
The game is good, really really good. Even the top community maps are good.
I was a kickstarter backer, and I had alpha access, but missed the email with the key, so I only played it for the first time today. :giggle:

And, indeed the game is a lot of fun!
If the community supports the game (and early indications seem to point in that direction, there's already a lot of cool, creative stuff available) this could be a game with a long shelf life. One of those games were you fire it up every day, to play a couple of maps.

A great "pick up and play" game. As simple, and addicting as it gets.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm tempted to get Baldur Gate 3 just to see what it's like. Since I don't normally play that type of game.

Also I should have pre-ordered Tony Hawk from GameStop since I spent like $12 USD for the tech deck that they were getting Ving for free to those that pre-ordered the game. Also I just found out that Hasbro was doing an ARC Trooper figure pack (which is not sold out) which included Fives!!

Also it seems that HZD is still selling. I think it's still in the top 25.
------
I'm guessing that for the Steam festival that those streamers will have a video on loop for certain games that they played (pre-recorded) and that there will only be a set amount of them.

So it's sort of a thing that's been done before but at least ya now it's Valve that it's personally picking them and having them do it.

Or I guess not?? It's not the same thing but I think that they also got Streamers to take part in the Steam remote play thing with friends.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm playing through Black Ops 1 on PC right now and oh boy it sure is something. First I don't think the game was designed to be played at high frame rates. Stuff just feels off. Also it's not a hod idea to play this after just playing CSGO a few minutes prior.

Story wise it's a mixed bag. The first part is Cuba is pretty meh and I thought was pretty dumb and point less but then you get to the Russian Prison part and I actually am liking that part.

Also there seems to be some logic issues with the game since I now have to restart the level all over again (losing maybe an hour of progress just because a certain NPC would not spawn since I was moving too fast and stuff.

I can now see why COD players complain about the shotgun, it didn't feel satisfying in the game.

There is a whole lot wrong with this game but I can also see why it's seen as fun since some gun fights are pretty fun.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Regarding BG3's non-regional pricing: Larian said it's going to be $60 weeks ago, so I'm not sure why some people are that surprised about it (regional pricing definitely sucks for a lot of coutnries though, thankfully Poland got a pretty good deal). Bought it as soon as it came out together with friends and we played it (not in coop) for ~4.5h straight until midnight. I love how much reactivity there is to you playing Lolth Drow. Pretty much every single NPC I meet comments on that.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Spend $2k on gacha, mash for 10 minutes - still can't kill a random mob :steam_cleanseal:
So so many hits and didn't even take half of the HP out.:blobweary:
That must be intended (using low level gears) to make long combos between characters like that. Because normally, they go down in a full auto attack combo, and that wouldn't make a good gif showcasing that.

Regarding BG3's non-regional pricing: Larian said it's going to be $60 weeks ago, so I'm not sure why some people are that surprised about it (regional pricing definitely sucks for a lot of coutnries though, thankfully Poland got a pretty good deal). Bought it as soon as it came out together with friends and we played it (not in coop) for ~4.5h straight until midnight. I love how much reactivity there is to you playing Lolth Drow. Pretty much every single NPC I meet comments on that.
I'm not complaining about the $60 price, I'm complaining about the regional pricing. As I said, they're more greedy than Rockstar of all companies. Even Ubisoft has better pricing before they jumped out of Steam.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
(just look at Bithells Twitter, it's all about the Steam version)

Also, something that I find odd is that many devs and pubs these days that releases their games on both Steam and EGS at the same time seems to overwhelmengly advertise the Steam version (like the tweet above, only Steam link) and not the EGS version desptie the higher revenue cut.

I woudl think that when a game releases on both stores at the same time, they would advertise for the EGS version the most.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Where's my Big Picture Mode update, Valve?[UWSL]:disapproval-blob:[/UWSL]
Also, where is my function to ignore/hide certain Steam forum topics as a whole?

Also, something that I find odd is that many devs and pubs these days that releases their games on both Steam and EGS at the same time seems to overwhelmengly advertise the Steam version (like the tweet above, only Steam link) and not the EGS version desptie the higher revenue cut.

I woudl think that when a game releases on both stores at the same time, they would advertise for the EGS version the most.
Well, clearly its because stuff doesnt sell there (on EGS) because people are used to that being the "free games" "store". They might as well do away with the store part of EGS and just call it EGLauncher...but wait, their launcher is shite too. So...they could just give away the free games on GOG instead and close the EGS completely? Tim, call me, I have a business strategy for you, how to burn your Fortnite-Tencent money more efficiently. :evilblob:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

It's far more valuable to push people to a platform that'll reward you for having more customers and wishlists. I know some folks online like to focus on the storefront percentages, but they don't really consider the value of a functioning store.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
It's far more valuable to push people to a platform that'll reward you for having more customers and wishlists. I know some folks online like to focus on the storefront percentages, but they don't really consider the value of a functioning store.
Remember that Bithell has also done an EGS exclusive last year. He probably has a good idea of what numbers that store does.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm still hurting over what Microsoft did with Solitaire. Last week I had a jump scare with one of their ads at full volume.
MS in the spirit of the season !

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Remember that Bithell has also done an EGS exclusive last year. He probably has a good idea of what numbers that store does.
Yep, exactly. John Wick Hex, published by Devolver (using the "Good Shepherd" label). But in an interview Interviewing Mike Bithell: John Wick Hex, Crunch, the Epic Games Store and More he seemed to stand behind the decision and spoke positively about the EGS, so ... yeah. Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd say the sales must've been low.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

He probably sold 99% on Steam, since his game is too cheap to use the EGS coupon. 😉
I didn't know this was in development. Day one for me! 😍

Edit: oh it's early access...

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I mean, it was covered enough before launch that the game was more like divinity and less like Baldur's Gate 2
It doesn't make his argument invalid, though. It's also my worry with this game and I think it is fair criticism.

Just because you know of a design direction you disagree with in advance means you can't bring it up in reviews that are supposed to inform others :p. It still sucks in my opinion and it increases this feeling that Larian's games are all made are all made with the same mechanics and tone, applying them here to a game where they really shouldn't be considered and aren't adequate in my opinion.

Also I find that price pretty crazy, I'm disappointed in Larian. This is not being fair to players who end up with an inferior experience than those paying the same and simply waiting it out. They are doing Larian a favor by joining them early and Larian isn't giving anyything back in my opinion.

Edit : also, woah that regional pricing. Swen, what the fuck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.