Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Actually I very much believe that PC Gamer journalists don't understand anything about games, and thus probably didn't understand that Godfal PR was an open lie. "games as a service" is probably a magical term to them.
lol :p oh, you

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
How is artifact doing? Its been awhile since the release of the beta 2.0
I have only played the single-player campaign, including a lot of time on Hunger 3 and Hunger 4 which are matches with a large handicap against the AI.

I think the new rules are great, and the game is deep enough to be interesting. Every time I have logged in, there were people chatting and looking for games. The game is often updated, about once a week.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
That price: 60 € for an Early Access tittle!

Edit:

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We are creating our most ambitious RPG yet, and pricing won’t change during development of the game, into release. We hope that by purchasing the game early, you’re on board for the Early Access journey, and we thrive from your feedback, letters, and discussion around our games. Our community is incredibly important to us, and we value each and every one of you who opt into the Early Access journey.”

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
As long as it's clearly labeled and customers understand what they are paying for, I don't really mind (awful regional pricing aside).

But paying full price for Act 1 of an RPG and waiting for a year plus to be done is a no no for me.

Deleted member 113

If there's no early buyer incentive for Baldur's Gate 3, I'll purchase it in a few months, or if there's a sale in the meantime.

60€ is a bit high, for an incomplete game, even for a developer I like.

I usually play just a few minutes of most early access games, and then wait until the games are fully completed, so even if I bought it today I wouldn't touch it until next year.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Has quick start been implemented yet? I loved it in the first game.
I don't think so but at least this time you can button mash through all the screens to start the game which you could not do in Spelunky 1.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, I thought it'd be like £30 at most.

I'll wait for a big sale in a few years

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
So so many hits and didn't even take half of the HP out.:blobweary:
It looks like Sunhi hasn't enhanced the artifacts, weapons etc... which is a very common mistake in the game, but can make the difference in doing a couple 100 damage to 1000s of dms.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It looks like Sunhi hasn't enhanced the artifacts, weapons etc... which is a very common mistake in the game, but can make the difference in doing a couple 100 damage to 1000s of dms.
Nah, that's very likely just a deliberate "bad" setup to show off instead of playing normally :p

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Actually I very much believe that PC Gamer journalists don't understand anything about games, and thus probably didn't understand that Godfal PR was an open lie. "games as a service" is probably a magical term to them.
yeah, PC Gamer seems to adhere to the old paradigm of gaming journalism being little more than free PR for gaming companies.

Deleted member 113

I finally tried Prodeus for a few minutes, and it is indeed a lot of fun. :)

For fellow kickstarter backers, just curious: what items do you have in the unlockables menu?
I have 3 (biker hands skin, and Excalibur gloves and shotgun). Are there more? Are there any unlockables in the current alpha or beta campaigns?

thanks ;)

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I'm sure I will end up playing BG3. I have been looking forward to it for a long time. However I don't think I need to participate in EA. D:OS2 had a long and fruitful EA period and it came out a fantastic game. BG3 seems likely to do the same.

I can jump in at 1.0 and reap all those rewards. I doubt the price changes.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm sure I will end up playing BG3. I have been looking forward to it for a long time. However I don't think I need to participate in EA. D:OS2 had a long and fruitful EA period and it came out a fantastic game. BG3 seems likely to do the same.

I can jump in at 1.0 and reap all those rewards. I doubt the price changes.
Same. I'm currently enjoying D:OS2 with my wife in co-op, and this has put BG3 on my radar in a big way, but my 'Don't play Early Access Games until they hit release 1.0' stands as much for it as any other game. Whining about how it plays now as ive seen others do also tells me they dont fundamentally understand EA, or at least that any impressions won't mean much going forward. 1.0 is all that matters (and the eventual long list of patches).

That regional pricing. Yeah, that's Winter sales 2-3 years later level of pricing for me.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Picking it up soon myself

Good for them! I'll wait personally since I want to experience the full game directly and the price will not change.

That said, I don't understand some negative reviews like:
If you're buying this because you love the Divinity series, you will not have basically any issues. The problem that the game has arises quickly when you are buying this as an old school CRPG gamer.
I mean, it was covered enough before launch that the game was more like divinity and less like Baldur's Gate 2

Status
Not open for further replies.