Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It is cute how companies keep doing CSGO benchmarks with their CPU/GPU, like, no shit?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Another EGS title confirms Steam release by opening the store page all the sudden, no PR has been released yet and their social media is inactive since mid-Sep.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone got thoughts on Barotrauma? Specifically for single players? It looks fun but is also maybe best as a multiplayer game? Its on sale for a tenner at the mo.

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
I watched a video of Tanaka Rie playing as Lisa in Genshin and that was one of the best thing I'll ever see in my life

Reactions: texhnolyze

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
this one seems promising, though ... and it's not made by them :p just published ;)
honestly, I know it's probably not fair to the new developers of this one, but their game would have to be absolutely amazing to make me interested in this franchise again. That's how much Syberia 3 sucked. It even looks like this game is continuing that storyline, at least in part.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
this one seems promising, though ... and it's not made by them :p just published ;)
I actually never really played any Syberia, but always felt like I should. I tried this demo, and errr...it is very buggy and plays like crap. You can tell it has potential, but right now its rough. Crashed on first play, and on the second try it worked, albeit with low fps, sluggish controls, many graphical glitches.... and no skipping dialogue, cutscenes. No graphics options either, but its Unity, so there's probably an .ini file to tinker with somewhere. Anyway. Gonna keep an eye on it. I liked what I played, but right now they gotta go back and work on it.

• Sad

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I can't even fully express the contempt I have for Sony's digital strategy and online store. These new changes are just the rotten cherry on top a shit mountain. I don't think the PSP even has access to the store anymore. You'd have to use a PS Vita to buy games for it. How stupid is that. Now I'll also have to actually use the god awful interface on Vita's store. God help me. If they at least still had sales for the device, I'd maybe hazard a brief look.

But for some reason barely any games on it go on sale anymore, even though the same games still go on sale on Steam. I suspect the process is either a pain in the ass for developers or Sony is doing that thing where it "doesn't have time" to put Vita games on sale, like Mike Rose talked about when he wanted to have a pre-order discount for one of his published games (on PS4).

:minos_angry:

Last edited:

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018

DR2.0 is pretty much considered the modern gold standard for realistic rally.

Looks like it's on deep discount for 2 more days. STRONGLY suggest getting the GOTY edition as it features a TON of extra tracks & cars (4 seasons worth).

How's the campaign?

Reactions: dummmyy

BoosterDuck

Goon Squad
Sep 20, 2018
apparently fallout 76 isn't as bad as it used to be but I'll wait for new vegas 2 since I'm tired of bethesda's shit

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Hack 'n Slash is a terrible game. A game about hacking your way out of trouble that has too many unintentional bugs. I've already gotten stuck out of bounds twice and i don't want to rewind the game to repeat a very tedious puzzle again.

Reactions: Tizoc

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I'm this close to buying Power & Revolution 2020. Fuck that series and fuck its developer, but goddamn it's a fun mess

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Imagine a game based on one of the most popular franchise in the world have Anthem's number and lost to an animal game demo.
Licensed game curse struck hard. It kinda feels like the DCEU of games -a bunch of heroes in one game that should be a surefire hit, except that no one really knew how to make an interesting or fun game and it kinda just ended up being bland mush. That and it wasn't MCU when people wanted an MCU-tie in.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Yeah if it was just the regular classic that I can unpause I would go for it.
The wording in the email is strange. I guess they sent it to both Classic and Premium users who paused/canceled. If I sub to this, do I get my 10 games a month or is it 9 (Premium)? I think I'm going to hold off a bit and let others on reddit test it out. I don't want to lose Classic or that extra game.

Reactions: Le Pertti

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I watched a video of Tanaka Rie playing as Lisa in Genshin and that was one of the best thing I'll ever see in my life
I saw that one too, well.. skimmed through it as my son & wife was still up lol.

Imagine a game based on one of the most popular franchise in the world have Anthem's number and lost to an animal game demo.
Meanwhile, PSO2 still holding on strong with 9k ccu peak. :coffee-blob:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Humble Bundle needs two or three killer months to draw people in again. They've been having Fanatical tier bundles for a while.
Not only that, they've been actively cracking down on key trading, even banning accounts. Gift links are useless now because they can decide unilaterally to not send you the key to your email.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Game Pass and EGS free games have done a number on Humble's value proposition. It also doesn't help that MS and Epic can presumably offer devs and publishers more money than Humble which leaves them being forced to offer near bottom of the barrel games.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Humble Bundle needs two or three killer months to draw people in again. They've been having Fanatical tier bundles for a while.
I think they need at least one relatively bigger title every month for people to subscribe, like Hitman 2 in April and Shadow of Tomb Raider in Dec 2019. Lately they are full of indies, and to be honest, indies are not attractive enough to most people.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I think they need at least one relatively bigger title every month for people to subscribe, like Hitman 2 in April and Shadow of Tomb Raider in Dec 2019. Lately they are full of indies, and to be honest, indies are not attractive enough to most people.
The last good one was the Spyro/CoD one

Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Depends on who you ask, I think that month is absolutely nuts for $12. I am an easily-satisfied person, so August is good enough for me (with Vampyr + Call of Cthulhu + Wargroove).

This month is actually not bad, having Sunless Bundle and Fae Tactics. But I am definitely the minority here so...

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Game Pass and EGS free games have done a number on Humble's value proposition. It also doesn't help that MS and Epic can presumably offer devs and publishers more money than Humble which leaves them being forced to offer near bottom of the barrel games.
Yeah, I imagine this is what's happening. Humble games are the perfect games to be added to Game Pass and EGS giveaway (some games are already in there or given away), so people are probably more hesitant to sub for a chance of getting the games for free instead. With sales going down, they can't invest in bigger games. Humble games' main value is that they're Steam keys.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I wouldn't say that was a good Monthly, that was a killer Monthly and abolutely not the norm even before that, lol.
I found plenty of the Choices pretty neat, although this month is pretty disappointing for me personally.

And yeah, I imagine GamePass might unfortunately be a big factor in why there's less semi-big games - I imagine Microsoft is just offering way more money than Choice (Humble bundles are still primarily intended for charity and marketing, I doubt the devs/pubs actually make all that much money from being in a bundle).

Status
Not open for further replies.