Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
Is Dawn of War III worth €3,99?
I'm a huge fan of two (base building is overrated), and I've been playing Company of Heroes 2 recently and really enjoying that, but I've heard DoW3 was pretty mediocre. Even the more up to date reviews say it's "okay" at best, with the campaign being a convoluted, glorified tutorial and multiplayer being dead. Despite all that I'm still pretty tempted, I just don't know if I would enjoy the lack of cover.
Thoughts?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Is Dawn of War III worth €3,99?
I'm a huge fan of two (base building is overrated), and I've been playing Company of Heroes 2 recently and really enjoying that, but I've heard DoW3 was pretty mediocre. Even the more up to date reviews say it's "okay" at best, with the campaign being a convoluted, glorified tutorial and multiplayer being dead. Despite all that I'm still pretty tempted, I just don't know if I would enjoy the lack of cover.
Thoughts?
I thought it was fun enough, hardly a masterpiece, but worth a playthrough if you a thirsty for RTS content, given the barrenness of the genre.
It's got basebuilding, but not a whole lot compared to something like Warcraft let alone an Age of Empires. It's just very... simple all in all.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I dont see it prompt to give ubi full price money for any of their stuff after the recent bs they were embroiled in
Not to mention that they drop their shit to 50% off 1 month later

Just my 3 cents @3@
Same here. The stuff going on at their studios hit extremely close to home for me. I just can't stomach the idea of lining Yves's pockets at present.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Same here. The stuff going on at their studios hit extremely close to home for me. I just can't stomach the idea of lining Yves's pockets at present.
I've been thinking about this as well. Breakpoint is really cheap now but... dunno. It is really sad because I really, really like Ubisoft games, but I also have a feeling that nothing will change as long as Yves is still in charge.

Deleted member 113

Last time I ask about smartphones, promise. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The following 3 phones have similar prices (between promotions, or use of customer points, the difference between the cheapest and the most expensive is 15€).

If you had to choose one the following, which one would you go for?

Redmi Note 9 6.53" 4gb/128gb
Samsung Galaxy A41 4gb/64gb
Samsung Galaxy M21 6.4" 4GB/64GB Dual SIM

thanks ;)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

The following 3 phones have similar prices (between promotions, or use of customer points, the difference between the cheapest and the most expensive is 15€).

thanks ;)
I'd buy the Redmi because I have a personal distaste and bad experiences with Samsung mid range stuff

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
BlindRhythm and I still do :p we're not done yet with the multiplayer!
Yep! It's been a lot of fun playing together. I can't wait to kick some more butt soon! :highfiveblob:

Now I'll readily admit that it's still a buggy mess at times and that it's hard to recommend at full price for folks but I wouldn't pass on the game entirely. If you can find a good deal on it it's worth it, solo or with friends.

I can safely say there's more to enjoy here than what Anthem brought with its release. And I say that as someone who isn't even a big Avengers fan. I've only seen roughly 1/4 of the Marvel movies.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Played a bit of

While waiting for my class to start today at uni and it's really good. Been itching to play some "hard" puzzle games these days, but I don't know about many. I have Baba is You and Im picking up Kine and Manifold Garden later this month when they are out.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Cats Organized Neatly

So, you have decided to become a crazy cat person.

Or you just like cats?

If that’s the case you are definitely at the right place! Because we have cats! 32 of them to be exact. They come in all shapes and sizes and… we’ve kinda lost track of all of them.

If you could take some time and just help us organize the little ones. Just pick them up and place them on the grid over there.

And don’t worry, they won’t bite even if you rotate them a bit.
IT'S OUT!!!

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Played a bit of

While waiting for my class to start today at uni and it's really good. Been itching to play some "hard" puzzle games these days, but I don't know about many. I have Baba is You and Im picking up Kine and Manifold Garden later this month when they are out.
You might want to check out A Monster's Expedition by the same dev

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Anime always wins

Bless Lisa and her VA Tanaka Rie
What's funny is that the PS4 version seems to be the worst of the 3 (I'm guessing that Rie doesn't have a gaming PC?) Or something like that.

Also I played Prodeus and it's really cool. Or maybe I was just peer pressured into thikimh that because of all of you??

Also it's Columbus Day so the Post Office was "closed" and I was not able to pick up my Lego TREX. It's a sad day indeed.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

thanks ;)
Avoid Samsung M series. A series is pretty good since it's just a budget S series. Xiaomi is the best for price/performance but their UX is dogshitte.
What's funny is that the PS4 version seems to be the worst of the 3 (I'm guessing that Rie doesn't have a gaming PC?) Or something like that.
PS4 is also the most restricted by how Mihoyo account works. So can't reroll and can't use any promotion codes.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.