Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Re: GOTY

I think I might abstain from voting for MC's GOTY 2020 mainly because
1. I played a lot of indie games that I think are deserving of the spot, however....
2. Outside of the usual suspects, I don't think the indie games I list would make it into top 20 list
3. I might just drop a 'in no particular order' fav. 2020 games if I feel like it.

Reactions: QFNS

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
[...] the drop in sales and lower operating income in the Consumer business is due to the fact that it also includes arcades that were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The performance of console and PC games was defined as strong.

Existing mobile games like Shinobi Master Senran Kagura New Link continued to perform strongly and Ikki Tousen: Extra Burst had a smooth launch.
On the console and PC side, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town performed strongly in the west contributing to profitability alongside repeat sales of older titles.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at horror games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Dread X Collection 3

A collection of 12 small games this time centered around Halloween. Each game is made by a different indie studio giving it completely different experience.

Atop a distant mountain, at the end of a long and winding road, a lone castle sits perched above the clouds. The journey was hard and fraught with many perils, but Leo and his live-in alien consciousness Prometheus have finally arrived. As the gate crashes shut behind them, they realize that their quest to return Prometheus to his homeworld might be more difficult than they anticipated. Can you lead this dynamic duo through the many challenges the castle has to offer, beat all 12 of the new spoopy games, and reunite Prometheus with their shattered consciousness?
The Dread X Collection 3 continues on both the story and style of the Dread X Collection. Featuring a cast of 11 all-new indie teams (and Torple Dook), the crew was given 10 days to create titles with a SPOOPY twist. That's right! Spoopy games! As in cute and spooky. Like a dancing skeleton. Or a dog in a spider costume. Or vampire bats.

Murder House

PS1 style survival horror around visiting an abandoned "ghost" house... that ends up having a pretty scary surprise.

A news crew breaks into the old abandoned home of an executed serial killer Anthony Smith, planning to shoot a salacious haunted house story. But is the notorious Easter Ripper really dead or is he waiting inside, ready to wipe them out one by one? Who will survive, and what will be left of them? The spiritual successor to Babysitter Bloodbath.
This game simulates a 5th gen survival horror game. It uses tank controls, third person cinematic camera angles and is meant to be played with a controller. If you have a problem playing tank control games, you will not like this game.

Propagation VR

Survival horror VR game... with static shooting segments. You need to survive in a zombie apocalypse with limited resources.

Combining survival horror and static wave shooting, Propagation VR will get your adrenaline pumping as you try to survive the apocalypse brought on by a mysterious virus. Armed only with your guns and your fists, fight off terrifying zombies and other multi-species mutants. Will you get out alive?
Trapped in an abandoned subway station filled with monsters from your worst nightmares, you can only count on your cold blood and your skills to survive. You might get a little help... or not. Throughout this short but intense immersive experience, thrilling cinematics and a variety of enemies will keep you on your toes. Unable to move and trying to strategically manage the horrific monsters coming at you, you will truly live the horror. The realistic handling of weapons will add to the tension, as you try to think straight and manage your ammunition. Surviving Propagation VR is a challenge you will remember.
Project Blari

Another PS1 style survival horror game, this one with more inspiration from Silent Hills, with different endings.

Play as Terence Lebrun, an investigative journalist working on an investigation far too big for you.
You've been investigating the activities of the Local Tax Administration and Regulation for months, with many plainclothes soldiers entering the building and not leaving for several days. You receive a call from your source in BLARI, and it's time to go and investigate on the spot: it's a disaster. What you find on the spot has nothing to do with taxes, the situation has changed and now you have to get out of the building at all costs to avoid getting caught.
In this horror game with graphics inspired by the PS1 confront the entity before it gets too strong, surround yourself with the right people to get out alive!

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
am i losing my mind or shouldnt humble have charged for choice today?

edit: nvm it just went through. super late today

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Weeeird, I had just gotten 36% avg game completion rate and it was like that for a week and I didn't play anything and today it went down to 35% again, whats happening?T_T

Edit: Probably some game added in DLC achievements, hate that shit!

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
This is a list of never bundled games which have recorded historical lowest price on Halloween Sales on Steam Store.

Part 1

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
This is a list of never bundled games which have recorded historical lowest price on Halloween Sales on Steam Store.

Part 2

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

I am always hesitant to purchase Trine 4, because the game may appear in a bundle (it is part of EA play) and I have always finished the Trine games a long time after I actually bought them. I usually play them, get bored before the end, and finish them a few years later. Plus, it should be better in local coop'.

Detroit costs roughly twice what I would be willing to pay. Same for Heavy Rain and Ellen Page: The Game, I would be okay paying 5 € each, not 10 €. It is a purchase guided by curiosity about the narration, not really an intent to play a good game.

The demo was decent, albeit a bit rough. It is a Zelda-ish indie game. The price is high.

I did not know this had been released. It looks cute! I remember the trailer. I need to check the reviews to see how it turned out.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The more I think about it, the more I feel that the RTX 3080 and PS5 not being available in stock here anytime soon is a good thing.

I've had a strong FOMO feeling for both of them for the past few weeks, especially regards to PS5 and Demon's Souls.

For months I decided not to get a PS5 at launch, but the hype around PS5 creeped up on me the last few weeks, but then it went quickly out of stock and I think that's good. I've already finished Demon's Souls on PS3 with 97% trophy completion and it was the only game Im still truly interested as I were gonna wait for a sale on Sackboy and Miles Morales anyways (not really interested in them), so after completing Demon's the PS5 would most likely just gather dust for months until either Ratchet is out or Sackboy/Miles have gone on a good sale.

So PS5 being out of stock and no sign of stock until in 2021 may have been a good thing.

I also planned early this year to get a RTX 3080 on launch and build a new PC this year, but the card being out of stock and nowhere to be seen might also have a good thing. Simply because my current PC from 2016 tackles pretty much 98% of games I throw at it (the last 2% is for Control as I had to reduce shadow and another setting for it), so as long as my current PC can handle games without too much compromise for my taste, I will delay my new PC build. I've had money read for a new PC for at least 8 months, so Im ready whenever I feel it's time.

Only thing Im worried about is SSD, more games, like Cyberpunk, seems to recommend a SSD, which I don't have, Im one of the few PC players on the planet who don't have an SSD for games because I have yet to come across a game my HDD has had trouble handling, afaik of course. I have thought at times about just buying a SSD for my current PC, but Im not gonna bother with that, will get my first SSDs with a new PC.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
It has been a very disappointing month in general. :persevering-face:
Calm before the storm:cat-heart-blob:
Simply because my current PC from 2016 tackles pretty much 98% of games I throw at it
Same. I mostly play older games so the only games I miss are games with RTX, and it seems that it is not a big deal when I play so few new releases. I will wait for 3080 Ti or more powerful cards instead.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I actually see it as a good time not to buy anything. The leap when going for something in a year or so, if you can wait it out, should be rather large. For better or worse, consoles drive hardware standardization and optimization is definitely on the tighter side industry-wide for the PC at the start of a gen than at the end (looking at you, HZD).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Noooo! Problem with Unity games, no matter what the game looks like, it runs like crap, Pathfinder dips down to around ten FPS haha. Have to put it in the "for new pc" collection.
Can you turn the resolution down? Though I sympathize, I could only truly get into KM when I got Shadow.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Glorious.

Same. I mostly play older games so the only games I miss are games with RTX, and it seems that it is not a big deal when I play so few new releases. I will wait for 3080 Ti or more powerful cards instead.
I found RTX to be a really dope new tech that I have no doubt can change graphics forever, but right now I don't really care for it, not on PC or consoles.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
ok people ...

gimme monthly retro, monthly challenge

and thread title for November :)

GO!!!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I definitely echo Shenmue I & II as the retro for December. The first one is practically a Christmas game at this point.

• Love
Reactions: Le Pertti

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I would also argue that Metal Gear Solid 1 is a good Christmas game, but that's not on Steam so maybe not.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Noooo! Problem with Unity games, no matter what the game looks like, it runs like crap, Pathfinder dips down to around ten FPS haha. Have to put it in the "for new pc" collection.
I played it fine on a 3770K with HD4000 when I was without a GPU for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.