Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm pretty sure Gabe went to Haven looking for signs of his father, and Alex went to Haven to stay with Gabe... So it's not that outlandish. 😜 It just felt that way because Gabe doesn't mention the whole father thing to Alex, at all.
well if that was the case - they certainly haven't explained it anywhere in the game ... so i'm not sure about that ... still felt a little bit too convenient to me ... what i mean is - the father shouldn't have been in the game at all ... she already had PLENTY of motivation to go after them after the brother thing ... there was literally no reason to cram the father in there as well ... their reason for the second detonation could've been literally anything else (or even the same thing, just without the father in there as well) ... that's also why i'm not buying Gabe being there because of the father - because it's never presented as a "big reveal" in the game ... so it just makes no sense in the context of a story ... so as it is right now - it sure seems like the only reason they put the father in the game at all was to pad out the episodes with the "flashback" episode ... nothing else

I do agree with your other criticisms though. The setting felt small, and the power was used inconsistently. I really enjoyed how it worked when they fully embraced the powers and let it seem to affect the world around it though(ie: the florist's Alzheimer's making the world foggy and the numbers/letters warp, the ground falling away when Ryan had his moment, Gabe's GF's scene with the art pieces, etc...).
eh, honestly to me it felt more like "oh, she can do this now, i guess ... for some reason" ... like the powers weren't really all that well-defined .... it was more like "she can suddenly now do whatever we came up with at the moment" ... feels less like "powers evolving", and more like "she can do this ... and that ... oh, and now this too" ... at least in the previous games you could actually feel the rules for the powers were more or less consistent ... in this one - it just feels like she can suddenly do whatever they came up with on the spot (ESPECIALLY during the ending scene in the bar) ... and the fact that outside of those "special spots" all she can ever do is "hear thoughts" only makes it even more obvious (and also an incredibly boring power)

also the soundtrack isn't very good ... or at least very memorable ... i know the full OST to LiS2 and Tell Me Why by heart ... i can even vaguely recall most of the OST for the first game ... but i can't remember a single track from LiS3 ... not even any of the licensed ones ... not even the one that has its own sidequest

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
No one playing New World ? I surprisingly felt no need to jump on it, but if people here play it, could be nice.
I suppose it's not solo friendly and the dearth of content reported by the beta players through the years is still a thing (hopefully to a lesser extent) ?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
well if that was the case - they certainly haven't explained it anywhere in the game ... so i'm not sure about that ... still felt a little bit too convenient to me ... what i mean is - the father shouldn't have been in the game at all ... she already had PLENTY of motivation to go after them after the brother thing ... there was literally no reason to cram the father in there as well ... their reason for the second detonation could've been literally anything else (or even the same thing, just without the father in there as well) ... that's also why i'm not buying Gabe being there because of the father - because it's never presented as a "big reveal" in the game ... so it just makes no sense in the context of a story ... so as it is right now - it sure seems like the only reason they put the father in the game at all was to pad out the episodes with the "flashback" episode ... nothing else,

You're not the only one who missed it. Polygon has an article about it! 😂 I feel like you get hints of it too from Gabe's notebook maybe? Or maybe Ryan's dad says something at the end. I forget. But I swear I didn't make it up!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You're not the only one who missed it. Polygon has an article about it! 😂 I feel like you get hints of it too from Gabe's notebook maybe? Or maybe Ryan's dad says something at the end. I forget. But I swear I didn't make it up!
nah, still not buying it ... and if i wasn't the only one who "missed" this then it only means they haven't exposed it enough ... and it also doesn't really change the rest of the stuff i wrote ... the inclusion of their dad in this entire story is completely pointless ... it would MAYBE make a bit of sense if you had spent more time with Gabe or something, and he actually told you about it, or hinted at it ... but as it is right now - it's just pointless ... it might've just as well been a random small town with dad completely removed, and the story would've stayed the same ... you'd still have a pretty damn good motivation to attempt revenge or whatever ... and the fact that you actually can miss the whole "he's there because of the dad" thing only proves my point

• Eyes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
And somehow Valve that makes bot hardware and games is not there but Activision is XD
That is because Tim replies to the article.
Apple's operating profits from games in FY 2019 totaled $2B more than the combined profits of Sony, Activision, Nintendo, and Microsoft (Wall Street Journal)

A reason why the article does not mention Valve could be that Valve is not a public company.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
No one playing New World ? I surprisingly felt no need to jump on it, but if people here play it, could be nice.
I suppose it's not solo friendly and the dearth of content reported by the beta players through the years is still a thing (hopefully to a lesser extent) ?
I'm interested until I remember I'm waiting for my true mmo - Lost Ark.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
My bad i missed it.

Also

The lighting is definitely a bit different, but mostly just slightly different, not really a huge improvement. While it's understandable, if they are already heavily working on other games, it's sad they couldn't fully update it to their newer engine and add raytracing, That would have made such a huge difference in a game where you walk around with a flashlight all the time.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
The lighting is definitely a bit different, but mostly just slightly different, not really a huge improvement. While it's understandable, if they are already heavily working on other games, it's sad they couldn't fully update it to their newer engine and add raytracing, That would have made such a huge difference in a game where you walk around with a flashlight all the time.
As i said before this level of remastering was more often than not free for previous owners on PC. But because this is exclusive and Epic gave millions of copies of original release for free we got 30$ release (same price as original PC release). And once again showed us that in the end customers get almost no benefits from Epic Store.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I got it for free, but after a few hours I'm losing interest. It's ugly, the world is dull, you walk everywhere and fast travel is very limited, lots of grinding for crafting, etc

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

I am surprised this rogue-like deck-building chess formula was not invented before. It works well.
Edit: I see the game was posted to Kongregate on November 8, 2019.

I have beaten the free dungeon available in the demo. However, I don't feel like paying this much for this game, so I will wait for a sale.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and prudis

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Basically we guessed their strategy since day 1 XD Except they still think that people will buy PlayStation instead of waiting.
Honestly it sounds like he was being very diplomatic on a Playstation focused channel and doesn't want to say anything that will rock the boat.

As we have said in the past though, lets say they release God of War on PC and a heavy PC user then loves it, becomes one of their best games of all time (me actually) and then the sequel comes out and that user gets a PS5 for it and maybe a few more year 1 or 2 exclusives. Have they actually made that person a part of the PS ecosystem... no I dont believe so, as that user in the PS5 lifetime would maybe buy 20 games (being generous) compared to say 400 or more PC games. They haven't entrenched them or made them apart of their community.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
playing mostly horror games for the rest of October. Started playing Call of Cthulhu (2018) which seems fun in a kinda janky reach-exceeds-grasp way but I'm still early so that might not hold, probably doing Evil Within 2 next

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Someone rest the timer.

It has now been "X" amount of days since...

EDIT:
This is all from a thread on reddit, not mine.
There's as a simple trick to judging leaks: if mentions Bloodborne: fake, if it doesn't mention it: maybe true, but probably still fake

• Eyes

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
I've lost almost all hope of one day seeing Bloodborne on PC, it wasn't even mentioned in that Geforce Now Leak. It truly is a shame because that's the PS exclusive that I want the most.

As a side note since I'm kinda new around here, whatever happened to those rumors that leaked like in June of last year when everybody and their mother were 100% sure that the BB PC port was coming? Everybody just got it wrong?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Steam ops?
Operators. Since Facebook is down, even their internal tools aren't working anymore, the tweet points out that Steam is wise enough not rely on their own stuff for internal communication.

• This!
Status
Not open for further replies.