Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Operators. Since Facebook is down, even their internal tools aren't working anymore, the tweet points out that Steam is wise enough not rely on their own stuff for internal communication.
Ohh, of course, yeah that makes sense. My brain didn't connect to the Facebook thing.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I've lost almost all hope of one day seeing Bloodborne on PC, it wasn't even mentioned in that Geforce Now Leak. It truly is a shame because that's the PS exclusive that I want the most.
I mean, we got Uncharted and we are getting more in the future, just wait and see, there's no need to drop hope just like that.

Also, just a reminded, not being in that GFN list doesn't mean it doesn't exists, same way being there doesn't mean it will have a PC version, GFN list is a bit more complex than that :thumbsupblob:

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
I've lost almost all hope of one day seeing Bloodborne on PC, it wasn't even mentioned in that Geforce Now Leak. It truly is a shame because that's the PS exclusive that I want the most.

As a side note since I'm kinda new around here, whatever happened to those rumors that leaked like in June of last year when everybody and their mother were 100% sure that the BB PC port was coming? Everybody just got it wrong?
That was from Queen iirc? Either way she hasn't really posted about it so either got sick of people non stop asking or the plans just fizzled out who knows.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
I mean, we got Uncharted and we are getting more in the future, just wait and see, there's no need to drop hope just like that.

Also, just a reminded, not being in that GFN list doesn't mean it doesn't exists, same way being there doesn't mean it will have a PC version, GFN list is a bit more complex than that :thumbsupblob:
Oh for sure that whole GFN leak was weird, especially with some of the games listed being KH4 and Horizon Forbidden West. But the whole BB PC has become a meme because of how bizarre it has been, I might be wrong but has a PC port being teased more than Bloodborne?

Also, Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about Uncharted, and the next sony PC ports like God of War or Ghost of Tsushima. The more games coming to PC the happier I am :cat-heart-blob:

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Ran the PC compatibility check for Windows 11 and can't upgrade due to TPM stuff
Maybe it's just a BIOS/UEFI setting and you have to active TPM. What hardware do you have? Should be easy to find out if that's possible or not.

Also I'm one click away from upgrading (downloaded an ISO), let's gooooo....

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Oh for sure that whole GFN leak was weird, especially with some of the games listed being KH4 and Horizon Forbidden West. But the whole BB PC has become a meme because of how bizarre it has been, I might be wrong but has a PC port being teased more than Bloodborne?

Also, Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about Uncharted, and the next sony PC ports like God of War or Ghost of Tsushima. The more games coming to PC the happier I am :cat-heart-blob:
You must also remember Queen said Bloodborne was in a rough state when testing, and I imagine after Zero Dawn Sony don't want that. Unlike Tshushima which is basically ready (which of course Sony will sit on for a while)

• Eyes

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Operators. Since Facebook is down, even their internal tools aren't working anymore, the tweet points out that Steam is wise enough not rely on their own stuff for internal communication.
Steam isn't run by morons, unlike Facebook, so this checks out.

You must also remember Queen said Bloodborne was in a rough state when testing, and I imagine after Zero Dawn Sony don't want that. Unlike Tshushima which is basically ready (which of course Sony will sit on for a while)
Maybe they up and lost the source code and Sony doesnt want to pull and RDR on the PC crowd??

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
uhh question, saw some stuff about facebook just being DELETED, like ABSOLUTELY FUCKED

in that case, do we throw away our quest 2s as they can't connect to the massive hub the marker is creating or something

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
uhh question, saw some stuff about facebook just being DELETED, like ABSOLUTELY FUCKED

in that case, do we throw away our quest 2s as they can't connect to the massive hub the marker is creating or something
Literally impossible. They're bad but not THAT bad.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

No, just that due to some low level configuration issues, the address cannot be accessed right now, nor any other hosted by Facebook. Shouldn't take long to fix, once the right people at Facebook can access the right machines.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
uhm, fromsoftware make extremely western games in general. i doubt they would feel bad about being compared to western games at all.
I think Fromsoft and Capcoms Dragon Dogma are among some of the more "western" RPGs that we have seen from Japaness devs and that's actually pretty cool. One of the others is the upcoming game by Cygames.

If you want a comparison to what I'm referring to, look at Final Fantasy (VII onward) and you see what I mean. So the exact opposite of say something by Nomura.

I think it's cool others may have a different option of course.

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That is because Tim replies to the article.

A reason why the article does not mention Valve could be that Valve is not a public company.
This article is weird since it's not 100 accurate and more like 90% accurate.

But yeah Valve is not mentioned since they are not a publically traded company and well I would imagine that a site called the "Wall Street Journal" would be about the stock market and well Valve is not a part of that. I guess that they technically could share some of that information??? Or maybe not and it's just not worth mentioning them because yeah, why mention Activision at all? Why not also mention EA or Take 2?

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That Nickelodeon smash game looks great but I feel it’s gonna be super dead in two weeks

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
That 20% is nice at least. Lets see if Humble gets the 20% and the choice discount.
I’d buy more game from Humble if it weren’t for the tax dammit. That’s why Greenman or Fanatical are my go-to stores

That Nickelodeon smash game looks great but I feel it’s gonna be super dead in two weeks
No doubt about it lol

only reason I’m buying it is that it’s a party game for me and the kids :coffee-blob:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
No one playing New World ? I surprisingly felt no need to jump on it, but if people here play it, could be nice.
I suppose it's not solo friendly and the dearth of content reported by the beta players through the years is still a thing (hopefully to a lesser extent) ?
Sorry for the late reply. I'm playing it and I like the game more each day it passes. I don' think the game brings anything new to the "mmorpg· genre but if I had to describe it I would use this word: "simple".

Everything is pretty much simple which ain't a bad thing to be honest. It's as if seems they had to rebuild o restart the game development several times until they realise "guys let's start the house by building strong foundations".

And I must admit it worked. They have used a lot of different features seen in other mmorpgs games but they managed to put all the pieces well together. I have yet to see the first dungeon and I have no desire to take part in pvp but crafting and pve seem quite decent on their own part.
--
And as unrelated note, did someone know the existence about this extension? I wonder if one can trust it to be honest.

Instant access for now in case you want to try it.

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
And as unrelated note, did someone know the existence about this extension? I wonder if one can trust it to be honest.

I've been using it for about a year. Very helpful.

• Gib
Reactions: Tomasety and Ruvon

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I must applaud to Ubisoft on their courage to hype up Ghost Recon anniversary stream and announce MP only game that will probably be F2P after disaster called Breakpoint.

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finally finished Cold Steel IV, including the true ending. I don't get why it's so unpopular, it's actually my favorite of the 4 and slightly improved my opinion of the CS arc as whole.
I admit it's a bit of a relief to be done with this saga, it was a massive time sink (turbo mode was an absolute godsend), but strangely I'm looking forward to the next entry now while lately I was actually feeling burned out. I guess that after spending so much time with these characters the ending kinda hit me in the feels.

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
I must applaud to Ubisoft on their courage to hype up Ghost Recon anniversary stream and announce MP only game that will probably be F2P after disaster called Breakpoint.
Deleted r/gamingleaksandrumours post said it's gonna be a return to the franchise"s beginnings.

A highly tactical FPS Ghost Recon game in modern-day Vietnam, and will be structured via linear, sandbox areas, rather than a full open world.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.