Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
A round of news for today

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
After nerfing the XP gains earlier this year.

I'm shocked.
So after taking MS' Gamepass money they have decided to treat it as a free to play game. Even thought there are still selling the game.

Some publishers just seem to think that we are cash machines to be tapped when ever they feel like it.

Was tempted to give it a go on gamepass but this has just killed all interest.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I have not played a Battlefield game since BF3 released in 2011 (Lordy, that was a decade ago :ripblob:), so I figured I would try the open beta for BF2042. Yep, that is the same Battlefield I completely suck at haha. I felt pretty stupid though since I caught myself shooting at my team more often than I ever had before in a FPS and I felt better when I read that others are having issues with readability. I thought I was just sooo bad with no explanation other than I am bad haha.

---

Rockstar removing older versions is scummy. Just keep them available and throw a note that says it is an older verison, there is no harm and gives folks options to play the "originals". Plus making it exclusive to their launcher pretty much ensures I will never play them. I at least have the originals on Steam after deciding on a whim to pick them up on sale.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
They're removing the GTA 3 games from digital storefronts, and only releasing the remaster on the Rockstar Launcher.
How do most releases on RSGL actually go? Can't image people flock to it unless it's forced through steam/etc

edit:
still around

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Ouch, removing the old versions from other storefronts is scummy.... not even Epic did that with Alan Wake, but I'm sure Sweeney is taking notes :p

Just out of curiosity, what are the chances the soundtrack is intact in these remasters? Vice City with half the songs is also going to be half the game it is now, remastered or not.

• Eyes
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Just out of curiosity, what are the chances the soundtrack is intact in these remasters?
zero

Vice City with half the songs is also going to be half the game it is now, remastered or not.
that's already the case with the current steam versions ... they """updated""" those a few years back (and by "updated" i mean "they removed like half of the songs")

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Aside from i imagine a single launcher that i select the game from, is there any material different between the trilogy and the separate titles?
cdkeys for three games vs steam for the trilogy is a pretty heft difference ($10+)

• Eyes

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
If back 4 blood wasn't on Game Pass it would probably be the biggest failure of a game in a long time.

Such a joke how they're handling things in this game, because it is actually a very fun game.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Well, aren't you guys all rainbows and sunshine today with all these exciting news :p

Such a joke how they're handling things in this game, because it is actually a very fun game.
Well... it is the same studio behind Evolve. Maybe it wasn't all the publishers fault.....

• Evil
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Glad I bought the whole collection with GTA 1 & 2 years ago when it was dirt cheap.
yeah, same

So I know there is some bad blood between Turtle Rock and Valve or it always seemed that way, but uh....maybe Valve knew what they were doing?
yeah ... although, i imagine most of those "amazing" additions are due to WB rather than TR

Last edited:

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
If back 4 blood wasn't on Game Pass it would probably be the biggest failure of a game in a long time.

On the contrary, I'm expecting it to be a surprisingly huge hit. The beta pulled over 5 million players and it's the 3rd highest wishlisted game on Steam. Sounds to me like there's a lot of interest.

• Eyes

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
more good news:
Not sure what that means exactly. Left 4 Dead didn't have anything to progress towards either except achievements, would I be missing content playing alone here? Also I'll take randos before playing solo anyway and will only run through once or twice via Gamepass so whatever.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
If you want the older GTA games, look up gg.deals or such website to see where the keys can be bought from :shrugblob:

Anyways I finished deathloop. GOTY contender for sure for me. It's not that difficult a game, but it WILL be demanding if you ain't got the recommended specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.