Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Sugiyama doesn’t get the ‘separare the art from the artist’ treatment because he used the clout/ money he got from the music he composed to perpetuate his shitty views.
This is kind of the stance I have taken as well. If the creator is an arsehole I can kind of live with. But if they actively use the money I have given them (or even a share off) and then use that money to actively spread their misery, then I can't support them.

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I only hope this means DQ games will get decent sounding music even in the first release now.

Also I haven't watched an RE movie since the mid 00s. I don't think this is going to get me to break that streak lol

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Paul WS Anderson is an asshole but he was wise enough to use the games a backdrop and then make his own thing. There’s a reason his RE movies made bank.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I enjoyed the first couple of RE movies. they were fine as sunday popcorn horror movies. I haven't watched the most recent ones but i hear they weren't all that good. This looks odd, is it a remake of RE2 film? Sometimes film studios baffle me but eh, whatever. If it looks entertaining i'll give it a go when it's streaming.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Well... looks better than the Paul W.S. Anderson & Milla Jovovich series of films, but thats not hard, I didn't like the new characters backgrounds story showed in this trailer tho´, gonna watch when on Netflix or something.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I enjoyed the previous resi movies. However there is a whole heap of caveats to that as well. They where never Resi films (not to me anyway), they where more popcorn & beer (or cider in my case) movies and I never paid for any of them. They where all part of one sub or another.

The newer film I am cautiously optimistic over. However it is not the film to get me to set foot in cinemas, only film that will happen with is Dune (mainly because I can only see it in the Cinemas in the UK). Even then that is touch and go.

Reactions: NarohDethan

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Holy shit, this looks awful lmao. The casting looks all wrong and the movie itself looks so cheap, like a very competent student film. I can't believe this is actually getting a theatrical release. I was sure this was a straight to Netflix movie.

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
With the Sora Smash announcement, I reaaaallly got in the mood to finally get through the KH games. It really sucks that they won't be on Steam for another 6 months at least... I guess I'll have to grab them on Xbox or play my old PS3 copy (although people seemed to mention online that this was a pretty buggy version).

All this to say: screw EGS exclusives.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Back playing The Long Dark episode 4. Love this game. Episode is good so far, quite a bit of story telling, lots of talking bits before you get to play. I'm out in the wild now and its tough surviving.

Fek these wolves. Ive been bitten so many times its ridiculous.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Hey at least i am continuing my tradition of not giving money to Ubisoft since Assassin's Creed IV XD Every game i got since then was from some kind of promotion or free on their store.

• Hug
Reactions: Ge0force

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Was it mentioned anywhere that now when you copy image url into Steam Chat window you get asked to upload image instead of just link being pasted and image loaded?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I do admit I would love to play FarCry 6. I still love the formula. I rather have a game like that than any linear story game that comes out today.

but I am saving my Microsoft point to one day get the new battlefield! Too long sinceI was into a mp game.
I'm a mark and a bad person and got it with MS Points (well, partially). The map is huge!

I'd save the points btw, FC6 will be cheap by December lol

• This!
Reactions: Le Pertti

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
It still saddens me to this day that The Thing prowl they made was all practical effects and the studio forced them to go CGI.

Horror is one of those genres that should never go full CGI
It's the bad CGI that sticks out. When you have proper budget and skilled visual studio, CGI can do wonders.

Reactions: thekeats1999

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
It's the bad CGI that sticks out. When you have proper budget and skilled visual studio, CGI can do wonders.
I don't deny that CGI can work well in horror movies. However I still believe that it should be in service of practical effects.

No matter how good the CGI, I don't think I have ever seen good blood effects.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
great game, was in my top 5 for the year when it came out on Apple Arcade
why?

you seem to hate playing these ubi open world games at this point. What little you are getting out of it can't be worth it by now
It still saddens me to this day that The Thing prowl they made was all practical effects and the studio forced them to go CGI.

Horror is one of those genres that should never go full CGI
yeah I actually rewatched this recently and you can see there is a good film hiding underneath

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
great game, was in my top 5 for the year when it came out on Apple Arcade

why?

you seem to hate playing these ubi open world games at this point

yeah I actually rewatched this recently and you can see there is a good film hiding underneath

• Toucan
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m sorry, I already talked about this topic months ago, but bear with me.
Let’s say I have a neet friend that really must find a job (totally not me). Could he, in his forties, learn a programmation language and have even a slim chance to find a job ?
Bonus question, which language to target in priority ?

Sorry again.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Let’s say I have a neet friend that really must find a job (totally not me). Could he, in his forties, learn a programmation language and have even a slim chance to find a job ?

Sorry again.
You, or erm your friend needs to think longterm, it isn't only about learning something and then getting work but it is important it is something enjoyable and could be a passion. That said it is never too late and it is always a good idea to try, learning new stuff no matter what will only enrich ones life so thats a hell yeah from me.

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019

Sorry again.
Yep, learning a programming language is easy. People say Python is the easiest one to learn but tbh I haven't dabbled on it. C# is also very easy to understand but I dunno how easy is to download the IDE (Visual Studio) nowadays, but probably there's a free version.

• Hug
  • Eyes

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

It sorta looks like the Gamecube logo.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada

Sorry again.
Java (especially using the Spring framework) is usually a safe bet if he wants to do some web backend development. He might have a harder time if he is just beginning in that field at that age, but at the same time if he learns it well and builds himself a little portfolio, I'm sure it could work out. Programming jobs are in high demand at the moment (where I live at least).

• Hug

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Kena is such a nice game. It doesn't do anything we haven't seen before but it's so charming and can also be quite challenging during boss fights.
The world is a joy to explore because of how beautiful it is and Kena is incredibly charismatic. Beautiful music too.

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Shenmue lives on
The Anidb entry is from.. 2020? :flare_think:

Did they funnel the Kickstarter money into make this thing? :flare_lmao:
After shenmue 3 I couldn’t give a toss
I can't imagine people will still care about Shenmue these days when Yakuza is more than a worthy successor and will stay relevant much longer than Shenmue.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yakuza is nothing like any Shenmue, nor any kind of successor. Often awesome itself but Shenmue (3) going to shit is irrelevant to anything Yakuza & vice versa. The narrative tones in all Yakuzas are completely different and so is the pacing, gameplay style and anything Shenmue was going for with its first grand entries. The one superficial similarity was the art style and visual quality occasionally and mostly in the Yakuza cut scenes looked somewhat similar back in the PS2 days. Maybe eventually there will be a slower paced immersive sim-esque Yakuza that does take on a story with beats similar to Shenmue on top of that but until then, it's apples to cucumbers. Both are fruit but unlike each other and for most they'd satisfy different cravings, though one can like both/one/neither. /2c

The trailer is good, it probably won't give us an ending either (maybe for the best, I bet the more it strays from following 1 & 2's plot seen here the worse it'll get).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.