Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
These worldwide conspiracies that involve almost every government, press outlet and doctor sure do suck when it comes to letting people talk about them on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. :rolleyes:

Really sloppy work.

---

Also... now I want cheese.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So there are countless marble type games out there but I'm rarely interested in trying them out yet I was always really fond of Metaball which was an amazing (to me) UT2004 mod that combined that gameplay with some pretty inventive twists (switching ball properties, camera angles, gameplay styles and all kinds of things) and an atmosphere I personally could only liken to a game like NiGHTS Into Dreams (granted without that level of polish and content, the intent of whatever small team/individual created it was clear however) but whenever I recalled the game I could never show it to anyone as I only found defunct websites/pages and broken links and what not but I see this guy put out an ok playthrough some ages ago and you can now see it for yourself. It's got pretty shit video quality. It also doesn't have the intro with the Tinies introduction and mood and everything sadly, it seems he started recording after playing. Part 1:

Skim other parts to see the totally different scenarios/styles (from exploration and puzzles to parts with Sonic flair). I'd play a sequel/remake/reboot for sure. It's as varied as any mainline 3D Mario (even goes 2D side view and top down view and what not at different challenge parts throughout a single level) to be honest.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I can't believe that in the battle for MP game of the holiday season Halo Infinite will be the winner from what we saw this couple of weeks. It sure didn't look like this at the start of the year XD

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
So there are countless marble type games out there but I'm rarely interested in trying them out yet I was always really fond of Metaball which was an amazing (to me) UT2004 mod that combined that gameplay with some pretty inventive twists (switching ball properties, camera angles, gameplay styles and all kinds of things) and an atmosphere I personally could only liken to a game like NiGHTS Into Dreams (granted without that level of polish and content, the intent of whatever small team/individual created it was clear however) but whenever I recalled the game I could never show it to anyone as I only found defunct websites/pages and broken links and what not but I see this guy put out an ok playthrough some ages ago and you can now see it for yourself. It's got pretty shit video quality. It also doesn't have the intro with the Tinies introduction and mood and everything sadly, it seems he started recording after playing. Part 1:

Skim other parts to see the totally different scenarios/styles (from exploration and puzzles to parts with Sonic flair). I'd play a sequel/remake/reboot for sure.
This reminds me of some other odd marble game I found a long while ago. I believe it was called Switchball it had the same kind of shtick with changing the ball's properties. I remember it was a PC-first release and had extra levels that used PhysX on supported cards, meaning it didn't work on later ones. I somehow managed to find a physical copy at my local gamestop well after its time, but I'll be eff'd if I know where it's ended up.

EDIT: Wait it's on Steam as of this year????

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Continuing my on and off again playthrough of Sunset Overdrive since its release. Checking PCGW and:

How? (It's better on HDD for me as well)

Fuck what scientists and doctors have to say, I'm gonna trust this one dude that makes shitty puzzle videogames instead.
"I have you know I do my own research, thank you. My source? Facebook, Youtube, Tiktok, Instagram." 🤡

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Fallout 4 - 75% - $4.99/€4.31 - New historical lowest price

I was told you need Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition for modding so while the deal is not historical low due to $ to € currency exchange, it seems to be a better deal than base game only.

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition - 76% - $9.50/€8.21

Also, I was told you can get an extra 5% discount off if you had an Asus product registered on ROG - Republic of Gamers|USA | The Choice of Champions

Haven't tested myself since I have the base game only and I got screwed for that.
I have learnt from my mistake, Goty or Full version better deal.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
They keep talking about identity crisis without actually going into what they mean by that? From the trailer it felt like Battlefield 4 the sequel. The only thing that I can think of is that it seems there won't be as much destruction and that is a big bummer. Operators instead of classes isn't that big of a deal if you still can do the same stuff.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
These worldwide conspiracies that involve almost every government, press outlet and doctor sure do suck when it comes to letting people talk about them on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. :rolleyes:

Really sloppy work.
For decades: "The government is incompetent! They can't even tie their laces, organize the expansion of high-speed Internet, or get vaccinations as fast as possible to the population."

"Yeah, the government made a deadly virus, developed a chip with nanotechnology, and all politicians in government and opposition, together with Scientists and doctors are in on it."
"Also, they are tanking the economy for shits and giggles."

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
regarding the "vaccines cause autism" spook, theres a great video delving deeper in where that comes from.

its a long video, and some of the humor might not be for you, but its well-researched, and very interesting. told me a bunch of stuff i didnt know in detail. i can recommend it.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
For decades: "The government is incompetent! They can't even tie their laces, organize the expansion of high-speed Internet, or get vaccinations as fast as possible to the population."

"Yeah, the government made a deadly virus, developed a chip with nanotechnology, and all politicians in government and opposition, together with Scientists and doctors are in on it."
"Also, they are tanking the economy for shits and giggles."
You can go down a rabbit hole pretty fast these days. Read one thing, get offered another, read that and get offered ten more etc. Social media has little control/filter. Same with forums etc.
You end up in places where people share the same bullshit over and over pretending its something you are not supposed to know about or that the mythical "THEY" don't want you to know/think about.
All of a sudden you become a fucking idiot that thinks they know a secret. When really they just read the exact same bullshit ten times using different words which has magically also made them an "expert" in the field.

Radio 4 (a UK station) had a show I heard a few years ago about how someone perfectly decent and reasonable can quickly becomes a right wing racist and that was the same principal. I had friends that went that way, great people to fucking digusting people in a real short space of time. Tried to get them back, but failed so now ex-friends.

As for me, I'm happy just being an expert in boobs but I have no idea how that happened.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Or when it was about Illuminati, good times.
Even Illuminati is not as harmless as it appears on the surface, since it's closely associated with the idea that a secretive group of Jewish bankers runs the world from the shadows. Similarly, the idea that aliens were responsible for the incredible engineering feats of Ancient Egyptian, Middle Eastern, and Central and South American civilizations are rooted in racist denialism about these peoples' intellectual capacities and take away these cultures' history and accomplishments. I've kind of fallen out of love following this stuff because of how real it's gotten so I can't think of others off the top of my head, but a bewildering number of popular conspiracies have wildly racist ties. Crazy world.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Even Illuminati is not as harmless as it appears on the surface, since it's closely associated with the idea that a secretive group of Jewish bankers runs the world from the shadows. Similarly, the idea that aliens were responsible for the incredible engineering feats of Ancient Egyptian, Middle Eastern, and Central and South American civilizations are rooted in racist denialism about these peoples' intellectual capacities and take away these cultures' history and accomplishments. I've kind of fallen out of love following this stuff because of how real it's gotten so I can't think of others off the top of my head, but a bewildering number of popular conspiracies have wildly racist ties. Crazy world.
Oh I fully agree, shit is whack now, but we were talking about "back in the good old day", at least for me Illuminati was more about the continuation from the Enlightenment where the smartest built a world gouvernement. I never really heard about a connection to jews or anything back then. Long time since I read anything about it, like since in the first Deux Ex haha. But now with the switch to "cultural marxists" agenda pushed by jews that shit is dangerous as hell.

Deleted member 113

Sadly, that can be said about most indie efforts, especially when they are PC only titles.
And it's a crowded genre, sadly a lot of quality efforts don't get the visibility they deserve, and if you don't have a big publisher behind you, or a platform holder willing to promote you, it's tough.
And not everyone has the backing of Humble behind them, like they have.

I have to say I find it extremely awkward to see that mention about being trans on a post complaining about the lack of coverage.
Are they seriously trying to imply they don't get coverage, and/or sales, because they are trans?
That is beyond silly. Check any indie metroidvania game you can think of, and see how many "big" websites gave them reviews, or any coverage. And again, if they are PC only titles, it's even worse.

I can easily point to another recent title that is, from what I played, pure perfection (gameplay, level design, lovely pixel graphics, ...), with an awesome, catchy soundtrack to match, and it received the same, or even worse, fate:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Isn't it part of Game Pass?

Edit: Yes. Published by Humble Bundle, and part of Game Pass. At least, they are bound to get some attention from the audience.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I have to say I find it extremely awkward to see that mention about being trans on a post complaining about the lack of coverage. Are they seriously trying to imply they don't get coverage, and/or sales, because they are trans?
I didn't get that read from it. More a factoid or "despite the odds", maybe -- I read some articles a while ago about the trans community having a really tough time in Brazil lately.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'll be honest, I'm a cheap bastard and when I saw the publisher was humble I immediately put it in my "wait for the choice" list.
It looks good and I which them all the best but we need to be smart consumers.

PS: don't really understand what their gender or sexual identity has anything to do with their game selling better or worse. Seems like an attempt at some pity purchases but I might be reading to much into it.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I don't think Tiani is using being a minority as an excuse, just pointing out that games made by minorities or outside of places where you can have easier access to events don't have enough coverage. Based on the outlets that reviewed the game it seems to be good and it's a game I'm still interested to play and I may buy it by the end of the month if it fits in my monthly budget.

Unfortunately it also released in a crowded month with a lot of awaited games, and I don't know if the release date is choose by the publisher or the developers in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.