Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Honkai Star Rail might be coming to Steam as well. I still don't think Genshin Impact will show up on Steam for a long time since it's already making so much money and frankly doesn't need Steam at this point. Maybe in a few years when the game starts to decline.
I do think Genshin will come sooner than we might think, there's no reason to not put it there too if they also plan to release Star Rail on Steam too.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
New people ! Insert sly geeky joke about the famous date when the Internet got a huge influx of users !
... but I totally forgot the date or how it's called.

It's happening bunker time anyway !

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Apparently there's some DOTA thing going on? Did they make a new video for this tourney or is this the latest version?

Time catches everyone, damn.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
New people ! Insert sly geeky joke about the famous date when the Internet got a huge influx of users !
... but I totally forgot the date or how it's called.

It's happening bunker time anyway !
Eternal September ! It was about Usenet, though, but I knew I had read about it.
And I aced my Terminal command line quiz, because I'm a closet genius.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I like how it looks and I bet that if you max out stuff like motion blur, lens distortion and dof (which I think the preset "High" doesn't, it just maxes actual quality features, nice) the people trashing it over World wouldn't even be able to tell an action shot isn't from that game (which has a muddy vaseline look & blurry textures). Still, the shadow rendering isn't great (as in World) and there's a weird LOD lighting/shadowing effect which meant a whole mountain side was changing its color slightly with a sharp line moving forward as I approached, visible with and without DOF that blurs distant stuff, I hope that gets changed.
I am not trashing but its pretty obvious which game is which. I just ain't spending 60+ on it which is stupid since Nintendo doesn't support my region so Ninnie games tend to be kind of expensive, yet this time they win the regional pricing. lol.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So cool to see a good amount of activity today, I can shitpost even more !

Here goes :
If Meta gets a massive influx of new users, we may need to ban people. The more people, the more probable.
I propose we ban Mor to warm up. You never know.

FOR SCIENCE :coffee-blob:

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Watched a bit of Project Zomboid Lets Play, now I have bought it :(

Zombiod ranks as one of my all-time favorite Steam games. Sharing a Platinum Tier GOAT spot with only a few other select titles like Crusader Kings, RimWorld, Factorio and Farming Simulator.

I had it in my library for a long while before diving into it in earnest. When I finally did I quickly realized that it's one of the absolute best survival games on the market.

It's also one of the most complex sandbox sims out there as well, rivaled only by ASCII juggernauts Dwarf Fortress and CDDA. It's insane how many clockwork systems are running under the hood.

With recent overhauls like the new character models & animations from 2020 and just last month completely revamped audio suite along with 2D to 3D item swaps, it's seem a huge bump in presentation as well.

Get in on the IWBUMS (iwillbackupmysave) beta branch to see those. Contrary to popular belief, the game does see reg. updates if you're on IWBUMS.

In the end it simply blows my mind how intricate sims like Zomboid, RimWorld, DF and CDDA can prove to be when you devote resources to gameplay systems first behind expensive-overhead production values. They really are marvels in game design.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Zombiod ranks as one of my all-time favorite Steam games. Sharing a Platinum Tier GOAT spot with only a few other select titles like Crusader Kings, RimWorld, Factorio and Farming Simulator.

I had it in my library for a long while before diving into it in earnest. When I finally did I quickly realized that it's one of the absolute best survival games on the market.

It's also one of the most complex sandbox sims out there as well, rivaled only by ASCII juggernauts Dwarf Fortress and CDDA. It's insane how many clockwork systems are running under the hood.

With recent overhauls like the new character models & animations from 2020 and just last month completely revamped audio suite along with 2D to 3D item swaps, it's seem a huge bump in presentation as well.

Get in on the IWBUMS (iwillbackupmysave) beta branch to see those. Contrary to popular belief, the game does see reg. updates if you're on IWBUMS.

In the end it simply blows my mind how intricate sims like Zomboid, RimWorld, DF and CDDA can prove to be when you devote resources to gameplay systems first behind expensive-overhead production values. They really are marvels in game design.
Yeah, I just love overly complex games regardless of visual representation, gameplay is king!
I have hundreds of hours in Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress, Aurora 4x, the paradox games, X3 Litcube mod, etc.
And still need to play games like Caves of qud, Age of decadence, or Underrail

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
lashman's new favourite game is out now:
We can start a guessing game: how long will it take to be removed from the store? :unsure:
Well.. this image it's just creepy and not in the usual Anime way:

Those eyes.... eeeesh.

---

And speaking of "sexy", thank you for the Max Gentlemen Sexy Business! recommendation. Already putted 16 hours on it.

Deleted member 113

FunktionJCB Knowing how active The Tetris Company's lawyers are and the fact the game has "Tetris" in the name i reckon the phone is already ringing and a removal ticket has been raised by support within 30 seconds of the game going live. lol.
Yeah, I know. ;)
The Tetris Company is very protective of the brand, and even restricts the number of licensed games available at a certain time on a platform.

Hence the guessing game.
Whoever is behind the game used not only the word Tetris, but actually released a Tetris knock-off game, so it will surely be gone in a matter of minutes, a couple of hours tops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So cool to see a good amount of activity today, I can shitpost even more !

Here goes :
If Meta gets a massive influx of new users, we may need to ban people. The more people, the more probable.
I propose we ban Mor to warm up. You never know.

FOR SCIENCE :coffee-blob:
I accept.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, I know. ;)
The Tetris Company is very protective of the brand, and even restricts the number of licensed games available at a certain time on a platform.

Hence the guessing game.
Whoever is behind the game used not only the world Tetris, but actually released a Tetris knock-off game, so it will surely be gone in a matter of minutes, a couple of hours tops.
... and bought. 47p is a small price to pay and if i can get some cards out of it tonight then i may be richer than Cerium when i sell them after the game is removed! Gimme dat yacht, i can taste it already!

• Toucan
Reactions: Deleted member 113

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
The thing about Zomboid I had it in my wish list since it was in greenlight and at some point I assumed it was a dead project a few years ago so I removed it. Think I need to reconsider it!
I don't think it ever fully died but IIRC this is the game where the devs lost a lot of work at some point. Some quick googling tells me it was a break-in and they lost the computers the code was on. So they were set back significantly and probably went quiet for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: Le Pertti

Deleted member 113

And speaking of "sexy", thank you for the Max Gentlemen Sexy Business! recommendation. Already putted 16 hours on it.
I'm glad you gave it a chance, and are enjoying it. :cat-heart-blob:

Like I keep mentioning, this game is pure digital "crack". Extremely fun, and addictive. Yesterday, I deleted my existing save, and started a new game from scratch, to see the changes from the latest update. I intended to play for 20-30 minutes. I spent almost 4 hours. :face-screaming-in-fear:
It's such a simple, fun, colourful, and funny game. And, since you keep unlocking and upgrading stuff and characters, it has that "just one more play" factor.

Sadly, I think the fact that the game has some minor optional nudity (and I can't stress it enough, the developers made sure you're not seeing anything you don't want to) "scares" people away.
On the opposite side, it's not a game with sex scenes or the sort, so it ends up being too "soft" for those who are looking for adult games with sexual content.
It ends up not appealing to either crowd.

It's too bad, because the game is extremely fun, and it deserved a bit more attention than what it got.
And the very positive reviews show that, those who do try it, end up enjoying the game.

• This!
Reactions: Digoman and Prodigy

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I also picked up Max Gentlemen but it didn't play nice with my laptop so I had to refund it. Too bad but I'll still get to it later!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

It seems pricy to me but it might be good enough for some people here.

Also, I still don't understand the double standard that Square Enix applies to some of their Eidos catalog compared to their Japanese counterpart.

Reactions: Yoshi and Wok

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Just thought about something. If we do get an influx of new users due to the ResetEra drama, I can't imagine the whole everyone-is-a-mod thing is going to fare very well. If we get a large enough group of those drama-prone users, it's inevitably going to get abused to remove anyone they don't like. It's fine for a small, laid-back community like we are right now but I seriously doubt it would be anything but a complete disaster with a larger (and angrier) community like Era lol.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
The report mentions an EBITDA margin of 80%, so he does not get to pocket the 50 k€ monthly revenue, but 80% of it (40k€).
Unless eonden tells me EBITDA margin is something else.

[Hidden content]
For reference, an 80% EBITDA margin is on par with luxury goods like jewelry and designer clothes.

Just thought about something. If we do get an influx of new users due to the ResetEra drama, I can't imagine the whole everyone-is-a-mod thing is going to fare very well. If we get a large enough group of those drama-prone users, it's inevitably going to get abused to remove anyone they don't like. It's fine for a small, laid-back community like we are right now but I seriously doubt it would be anything but a complete disaster with a larger (and angrier) community like Era lol.
I am a little disappointed that all the different factions that have broken off of Era since (XboxEra, SalesEra, a good chunk of NintendoEra) have decided to individually break off into their own sites each instead of even two or more of them compounding into the same place, especially this one, because we are obviously the best. (And the first, do I have that correct?)

GAF and Era were mostly useful for me not even for posting, because the discussions there were usually terrible, but mostly because I enjoyed having a community-run list of gaming headlines I could peruse through. Because it was community-run, you didn’t get the problem most gaming blogs have where they run a bunch of dumb bullshit like “I had sex on my Sonic the Hedgehog bed” alongside the game announcements I want to hear about, and also you got smaller stories that bigger blogs wouldn’t run like things that meant a lot to a game’s small but passionate fanbase, like in-game events or something. I want to hear about those too! Even when it’s a game I don’t play, it’s cool to see a bunch of people getting excited and having fun with something in their community. Or being angry and grabbing their pitchforks.

I love MetaCouncil but the user base here just isn’t big enough for that kind of purpose. And since I’m sure Era is going to wind up having threads that are more pleasing to their corporate owners’ desires (goodbye, Hogwarts Legacy and Cyberpunk 2077 bans,) they’ll probably lose that advantage too soon enough.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018

It seems pricy to me but it might be good enough for some people here.

Also, I still don't understand the double standard that Square Enix applies to some of their Eidos catalog compared to their Japanese counterpart.
Dang, Murder By Numbers finally in a bundle but there are 0 other games in it I want. Even just buying 1 random thing I think that's better than the historic low for it though/.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Nabs

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Well, let's not make assumptions about the people coming over just yet. Many of us here are also (former) members and we're mostly well adjusted :lampblob:

(I don't think that many will jump ship anyway.)

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Well, let's not make assumptions about the people coming over just yet. Many of us here are also (former) members and we're mostly well adjusted :lampblob:

(I don't think that many will jump ship anyway.)
True but I do believe a system like this will inevitably reach a breaking point if the user base grows large enough.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Why are there so many new releases, today I received mail about Aeon Must Die, Riftbreaker, Despot's Game, Dungeon Encounters, Chasing Static, A Little Golf Journey and Mon Amour. Yesterday I found out Lone Echo 2 was out and a lot of other release mails the past few days.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I am a little disappointed that all the different factions that have broken off of Era since (XboxEra, SalesEra, a good chunk of NintendoEra) have decided to individually break off into their own sites each instead of even two or more of them compounding into the same place, especially this one, because we are obviously the best. (And the first, do I have that correct?)
Never say never. The news is still fresh and things change fast these days. Some offshoots could agglomerate. I wholeheartedly agree with you that Meta or any of these new sites can't replace something as big as ERA, and that it's a huge problem for news aggregation.

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
The thing about Zomboid I had it in my wish list since it was in greenlight and at some point I assumed it was a dead project a few years ago so I removed it. Think I need to reconsider it!

They have a blog that they religiously update every week (Thursdoid as it drops Thursdays) with development news and sometimes mod highlights.

The project (heh) is active, alive & well.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think Im gonna uninstall Deathloop, not because it's a bad or mediocre game, just because I just can't find any interest in playing the game right now, which is odd, because I really like what I've played, but Im more interested in playing Ender Lillies and Eastward right now.

I feel I mainly try to push myself to play it because I pre-ordered it to not feel bad about it (I have stopped pre-ordering games, unless the game is called Elden Ring, I won't pre-order games anymore), but I need to realize that this is a hobby, not work, this is also not game pass so I can play it when I want.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
but I need to realize that this is a hobby, not work, this is also not game pass so I can play it when I want
This shift in mentality went a loooong way towards me no longer stressing out about my backlog. Especially dropping games I'm not enjoying instead of feeling like I have to beat everything I start.

But then a few days ago a friend of mine gifted me Yakuza: Like a Dragon for my birthday. So now I have to rush through Yakuza 3-6 so I can play it and not feel like an ingrate lmao. I'm not complaining, though. Yakuza 3 is great so far and it's making me wonder why I waited so long to get back to the series.

I think it's why I can so easily ignore EGS deals now. If you force me to wait (like SEGA did when they took forever to port the remasters), then I'll likely stop thinking about your game entirely lmao.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I got my Good Life key as well but I'm putting it up on the BST thread given that it's coming to Game Pass

(plug plug) :face-with-cold-sweat:
but I need to realize that this is a hobby, not work, this is also not game pass so I can play it when I want.
yep, this is the revelation I had late last year/early this year, and frankly I needed it

Status
Not open for further replies.