Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm glad to hear it.
And, don't be too hard on kitty, that's their annoying, sadistic way of showing they care. ;)

When I got married, my wife brought her cat along (all my life, I had dogs; this is my first cat), and while she isn't very sociable, she loves to annoy me.
If she wants food, and I ignore her, she climbs up my desk, starts messing with my papers, or goes sharpening her nails on the boxes I have around with Blu-Ray films. :eek:
She knows that gets my attention. :LOL:
Yeah, we have a difficult relationship these days. I feel so bad for getting angry about material stuff, but I don't buy a monitor every day and there is no guarantee he wouldn't do it again.
For context, I tried going couch gaming for the last few week and kitty decided that the TV was a good scratching post. I'm not as attached to the TV, but still it's painful to watch and I unfortunately can't 'have a talk' with him. And that's without talking about the risk that the TV fall on him.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Switch Online Expansion Pass pricing is disgusting and makes my happy I play mainly on PC. My sub actually lapsed in mid-september and I didn't realize that until 2 weeks after it lapsed, so it's definetly not a service I plan to resub anytime soon to. I will miss some 0nline gaming (Splatoon, Mario Maker 2 and MK8D), but emulating games is something I can easily do on PC for free.

So currently Im only subbed to game pass ultimate which lapses summer next year and unless something changes, I don't plan to continue subbing,

I think Im just tired of game subsciptions as a whole. Humble Choice is okay as I can just pause it and I actually own stuff there.

Deleted member 113

For context, I tried going couch gaming for the last few week and kitty decided that the TV was a good scratching post. I'm not as attached to the TV, but still it's painful to watch and I unfortunately can't 'have a talk' with him.
Try to move her attention to something else. Does she have anything to sharpen her claws in?

Every time my cat got close to the TV, and started looking at it closely (as if she's about to do something), I would get her to move.
After a while, she never did it again. And, when I go to work I actually leave all divisions of the house open (except my office, where I have my PC, films, and work stuff), she can move freely, and doesn't do much damage. But, she loves a cheap rug I have in my living room, and that one is a lost cause (whenever she wants to sharpen her nails, she goes on the attack there). :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I'm resigned. Since it's a cheap rug, I let her do it, and I'll just replace it in the future, if it ever gets too damaged.

Much of this "misbehaviour" is her way of trying to get your attention.
As your cat gets older, he/she will start spending more and more time sleeping, or resting close to windows, while watching things on the outside.

You need to find stuff to keep her interested.
I have all sorts of cat stuff around because of her:

-she has a place near the entrance of the house, where she goes to eat and drink;
-she has a place to do her "necessities";
-she has a place on the couch, with a couple of small blankets, to rest/sleep (when we are watching TV, she likes to stay there);
-she has a small "bed", in one of the corners of our bedroom;
-she has a "box", where she can also sleep, near the kitchen;
-and she has a cat house in one of the corners of the living room, that she loves to go to when she wants to ignore us (if you ever find one, buy it; it's a cheap one from Lidl, and cats love them, since they love to have a place to remain "hidden"; it's the one below):

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I apparently have 672 games installed. Granted, a lot are smaller titles gauging by when I sort on size on disk. I keep hoping for cheaper, large SSD storage.

I should note, I started installing and not uninstalling games a long time ago after I went about 3-4 months with no internet in 2018. We were literally having to rent movies from a physical rental store. After that experience I got a 6tb HDD just to be able to keep a plethora of games on hand at all times haha
Same, i have 3 SSDs, 1 HDD and and M.2 drive all chocked full of games. I used to have a rubbish internet speed and so downloading a game would take days so i vowed to never delete anything. If i want to play a game i want to play it now, not next week.

My internet is much better now but i still have all my games installed :shrugblob:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I only keep a small handful of games installed at a time, and while I only have a 512GB SSD, that probably wouldn't change too much even if I had more storage space. I almost exclusively play single-player games with definitive endings, not open-ended games that you come back to over and over again over months or years, so I don't really see much need to keep too much of my library installed at any one time.

Deleted member 113

I only keep a small handful of games installed at a time, and while I only have a 512GB SSD, that probably wouldn't change too much even if I had more storage space. I almost exclusively play single-player games with definitive endings, not open-ended games that you come back to over and over again over months or years, so I don't really see much need to keep too much of my library installed.
I'm on the same boat. With a 500GB SSD, it only takes installing a big game (HITMAN 2 took almost 170GB) and I'm out of disk space. :giggle:

I usually have 10-15 titles installed for years and years, for short playing sessions (arcade games, retro compilations, Zaccaria Pinball, ...), and at best I have 5 "proper" games installed, games I'm interested in playing at the moment.

Besides the disk space "problem", I find that having a lot of stuff installed only makes me more undecided on what I should play. :)

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
That game 3 between VP and Team Spirit was amazing. Rooting for Team Spirit all the way as they're my underdog pick to win TI after beastcoast got eliminated. :pensive-face:

Might be a bit early but I'm getting some of that TI8 magic run vibes from Team Spirit.

• This!
Reactions: Wok

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im staggered and sad by the low activity and talk of Lone Echo 2 anywhere and I have no doubt the game being Oculus Client exclusive is one of the main reasons it must have utterly bombed. There's no talk anywhere other than a little bit on some VR subreddit, even r/oculus doesn't really talk about it. No ads, nothing.

Oculus should have released it on Steam to give it a chance. I will be starting it up today, but yeah, what a sad end for PCVR from Oculus.

It might be a good or great game, but it's difficulty to find out. The first game was at least fantastic.

Deleted member 113

A new, free, content update for Operation: Tango is now available:

For those unfamiliar with the game, it's a co-op adventure game that requires a microphone.
Only one player needs to own the game to play with others, since the owner can send a "friend's pass" to grant another player access to the game, in order to play together.

---

People (rightfully) complain about some companies nickel and dimming their customers with all sorts of bad practices, but in the last month or so there have been a good number of indie titles releasing free, extensive content updates/DLCs (or enhanced editions), which is awesome. (y)

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
That game 3 between VP and Team Spirit was amazing. Rooting for Team Spirit all the way as they're my underdog pick to win TI after beastcoast got eliminated. :pensive-face:

Might be a bit early but I'm getting some of that TI8 magic run vibes from Team Spirit.
A new cinderella story akin to OG's would be lovely but this year LGD will take it for sure.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Im staggered and sad by the low activity and talk of Lone Echo 2 anywhere and I have no doubt the game being Oculus Client exclusive is one of the main reasons it must have utterly bombed. There's no talk anywhere other than a little bit on some VR subreddit, even r/oculus doesn't really talk about it. No ads, nothing.

Oculus should have released it on Steam to give it a chance. I will be starting it up today, but yeah, what a sad end for PCVR from Oculus.

It might be a good or great game, but it's difficulty to find out. The first game was at least fantastic.
I absolutely loved the first one, this time it totally slipped by me. Obviously from hardly any talk about it. Spent a bit more than I wanted this month, but will pick it up in the future (Please PC be up to the task).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I absolutely loved the first one, this time it totally slipped by me. Obviously from hardly any talk about it. Spent a bit more than I wanted this month, but will pick it up in the future (Please PC be up to the task).
I was really excited for the game, but didn't find out it was out until the day after. I never use the Oculus client in the way of actually looking to buy stuff on it and due to the lack of advertisment, I see why I didn't know it was out.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
A new, free, content update for Operation: Tango is now available:

For those unfamiliar with the game, it's a co-op adventure game that requires a microphone.
Only one player needs to own the game to play with others, since the owner can send a "friend's pass" to grant another player access to the game, in order to play together.

---

People (rightfully) complain about some companies nickel and dimming their customers with all sorts of bad practices, but in the last month or so there have been a good number of indie titles releasing free, extensive content updates/DLCs (or enhanced editions), which is awesome. (y)
Is this at all like Clandestine?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'm approaching 100% map completion in Bloodstained so I decided to tackle a few recipes before entering the final stretch and it's incredible just how low the drop rates of some ingredients are. How is it possible I killed 50+ enemies of any given type and only got 2 drops?

Fuck hunting animals for sport, even in videogame form.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Wok Mor I watch and enjoy the updates! Keep em coming.

I had the great fortune to attend one of the TIs in Seattle several years ago back when I played a lot more Dota 2. It was a really fun weekend. Shared a rented house with some Dota friends and we watched Dota most of the day and goofed around in Seattle at night. Was a great time. I still like to keep up on some tangential news and stuff even though I don't play the game anymore (most of my Dota playing friends stopped and the rage of playing with randos isn't worth it).

• Hug
  • Gib
Reactions: Vantr, Mor and Wok

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
As an old Man, Discord is pretty bad for anything text based, scrolling through channels is a nightmare, archiving is fucking impossible, If It wasnt for the fact that IS a free Voice chat service and everyone I know now uses It, I would still be using teamspeak, simpler and cleaner.

Deleted member 113

Is this at all like Clandestine?
It kind of is. The idea is the same: doing missions where players do complementary work, one is a hacker (so a more "passive" role, although there's plenty of mini-games for the hacking bits) while the other does the on location work, and players need to communicate and do their part in order to succeed, but Operation: Tango is a bit more streamlined and "accessible" (in a good way), and the presentation is equally polished.

Think of it as a flashier, prettier, Clandestine, with a bit more diversity, and easier to pick up and play. ;)

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I use Discord when needed, but it reminds me so much of IRC... and I left that behind in the 90's .

Plus, I find anything chat-based a pain in the ass to search and read when you're looking for something like "did anyone had this problem?".

But.... what I'm really getting from this topic is..... Metacouncil really needs an "old man" reaction to posts....

EDIT:
Aha!!... found the old man gif I used on MSN... . one or two decades ago.. seems even more appropriate now:

Last edited:

jonbones

MetaMember
Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for the warm welcome lashman !

I am 36 with 2 kids, so not sure if that qualifies me as old but I don't understand Discord. It's like Twitch chat - just endless streams of nonsense.

I'll also say I am trying to find my way back to gaming and part of that is figuring out SP vs GaaS MP. I like the structure and pacing of MP games (you get the whole game experience in 10 minutes) but the FOMO and progression is too time consuming. So I am trying to find my way back to just appreciating single player campaigns. Metroid Dread is helping a lot, and hopefully a Steam Deck will really help.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
A couple of questions to anyone who finished bloodstained:

1- Is there any reason to replay the game as zangetsu?
2- What's the point of the shadow ability you get from a boss?

Deleted member 113

For shmup fans, the Stage Pass Volume 2 for R-Type Final 2, including 3 more DLC Sets (one out today, the other two to be released later this year) featuring remakes of stages from previous R-Type games, is now available.

The page for the DLC Set 4 has both a purchase option for this DLC alone, or for the whole Stage Pass 2.

The game is also on sale:

Additionally, for those unaware, the game will receive an extensive, free, content update before the end of the year, which will actually result in the game changing the name to... R-Type Final 3. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.