Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Not sure but looks like Capcom is preparing to release all the games in their Arcade Stadium as separate DLCs. Main complaint was that you had to buy bundles. Otherwise the whole thing isn't bad at all and imo doesn't deserve the terrible Steam rating. Also there's a sale.

My tastes are a bit specific I guess, but I do find some things from Microsft good, namely Psychonauts and Forza Horizon. But a lot of it's kind of meh. Gears is pretty bland, Halo sucks, many other games fall into niches I can't get into like metroidvanias or survival games, and my brain hates strategy and tactics games.
TBH it does feel like Microsoft is very specifically publishing games I don't like, which bugs me because I want to like what they're doing with being more hands-off with their games and gamepass. But between the games themselves and refusing to acknowledge issues with their PC storefront they're making that really, really difficult.
Disagree here and there but makes sense overall and I get where you're coming from. It's just that Sony imo is currently having one of its most boring years since forever with barely any output while MS is pumping out good content constantly now, their turn-around is quite impressive (ofc helped by a lot of acquisitions but Sony is no slouch either).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomasety

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Congrats to those who wanted it.

You couldn’t pay me to play it again though.
Yep. It's nice to see it come to PC but this is up there with TLOU for me in that I really don't get all the damn fuss
Is anyone going to even be interested in Cyberpunk by the time it releases on current gen consoles? It seems they have done very little to improve the game so I can't imagine that will overcome the overwhelmingly negative word of mouth.
Yeah, by the time it arrives no one will give a shit. It's really quite incredible to see how much of a fuck up the release of this game was

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
An actual quite good Humble bundle :O

I just wanted Power Rangers because it is not available in my country
BUT I don't wanna pay for the whole thing.

:wd_rain:

• This!
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Nabs

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I really don't like the new Humble page. I might have to grab that bundle to get Power Rangers and KI on Steam.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and xxr

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I really don't like the new Humble page. I might have to grab that bundle to get Power Rangers and KI on Steam.
It really is awful in every conceivable way. It's also annoying that you can't even select any text for a convenient search about the games.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I played P5 on my PS4 and would absolutely like to play Royal, but only on PC. No interest in Royal on any of my consoles.

• Eyes

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I "won" a lottery drawing a Newegg to be allowed to over pay for a new Graphics card. Now the question is do I spend ~$2k USD on it or just hold on for 2 more years and wait for the prices to subside.

At least this is just regular market markup and not scalping prices but damn is to so much money...

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
At least this is just regular market markup and not scalping prices but damn is to so much money...
Is it for a 3080 Ti? The stock level is getting better down here too (December ETA for an EVGA FTW3) but the prices are still worth a whole new PC upgrade(*). :flare_sleepy:

(*) based on median PC parts prices in 2018.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Is it for a 3080 Ti? The stock level is getting better down here too (December ETA for an EVGA FTW3) but the prices are still worth a whole new PC upgrade(*). :flare_sleepy:

(*) based on median PC parts prices in 2018.
Yeah it's just insane how high the prices still are. I know whatever I upgrade to will need to last many years but I'm not confident that anything I get now will because I'm assuming in 3-4 years windows 11 will be taking over more generally and who the hell knows of anything can upgrade to that lol.

• Comfy
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What about EGS, lol
What's funny is that you see Steam promote it but EGS has not said a thing from the looks of it.

Also about EGS I find the dev stream thing funny. I have not looked into to much detail into it but the dev stream thing reminds me of Steam and what they do. Devs stream on their own time and stuff like that but I don't think that MS,PS,or Nintendo try to organize something where multiple devs do a stream in order to promote a game and if they do that, then they don't promote it that often. So that is where my confusion of it comes from. Maybe they do actually do stuff like that but mainly talk about it in their blog post or something?

Also lewd game gets it's big update today instead of on Oct 25 like they had originally planned.

Other news Bandai has their own dedicated store where they sell Steam keys in Japan and they are currently having a sale for up to 70% off. So what makes this store special is that technically they already do have a store where they sell Steam keys (keep 100% of sales) but that was only for NA/EU. On top of that Capcom and SE also sell Steam keys (although I don't think that Capcom has a non Japanese site that they sell Steam keys on. In Japan Capcom sells their own Steam keys on the Capcom estore thing. SE sell their Steam keys in all regions on their store.

So it's just weird.

As was mentioned in the era thread it is crazy how the Steam Deck will be playing Xbox and PS games officially. I'm not 100% sure about the Xbox devs but it does seem that some of the GoW devs are excited to play the game on the Steam Deck and as some of you may know, Cory himself is excited for the Steam Deck, so If Sony allows it, we might even see a clip of the game running on Steam Deck.

In other news it seems like Sony is still working on improving discoverability on the PS5 for indie games (baby steps).

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I played several routes of Nier Replicant at release with Special K. Since them they patched the game multiple times and even removed denuvo. I have no idea how to update or remove Special K to play the two last routes.

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety
Dec 5, 2018
Boy, people do really want Dad of Boy.
It's already the 18th most wishlisted game (just above MH Rise).
HE IS IN THE FUCKING GAAAMEEEE AS A BOSSFIGHT THAT YOU CAN ONLY UNLOCK AFTER COLLECTING ALL OF THE MINORAHS BY DEFEATING ALL OF THE FIENDS
HOOOOLY FUCKKKKKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIT
Does it also require you to do it in NG+ (Because superbosses are only available there) and then have a miserable fight that requires you do defeat him using a very specific strategy?

Last edited:
  • Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Boy, people do really want Dad of Boy.
It's already the 18th most wishlisted game (just above MH Rise).

Does it also require you to do it in NG+ (Because superbosses are only available there) and then have a miserable fight that requires you do defeat him using a very specific strategy?
mmm nope doesnt look like it, just buy the dlc, get the minorah, do fiends and then boom

Status
Not open for further replies.