Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Are Steam sales still loading or they just suck this time? I'm seeing a lot of stuff at full price
Yeah, this sale is a big bust for me. I didn't even get cards from the discovery queue. Oh well, there's always the autumn sale.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm still salty with how Humble and 505 handled the Control release in the Choice bundle. It was really just done to sell DLC on Humble. You can't even buy it on Steam anymore. Blah.
Yeah that was just plain scummy. I feel like Valve shouldn't even allow such fuckery.
They created a separate package (which had the same "Ultimate Edition" in the name) without the DLC so they could sell that separately, except they didn't even sell them on Steam iirc, only on Humble.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I picked up Happy Game, I loved the demo, but Im using so damn long time to play Dread that I hate myself for using so much time on the game.

Dread is fun, but it's the action of picking my Switch, turning it on and starting the game I can't bother with.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Is Guardians bombing? It seems like people liked it, I thought.
I'm entering the final stretch of it now. The game is really good. Combat is the weakest part but I still find pretty decent and fun. The rest is top top-notch. Graphics, art design, story, dialog and most importantly, characters.

But it still is a linear single player game (15-17 hs) on an open world dominated market, coming of that big flop that was The Avengers.

Plus... and I can't stress this enough, it had terrible trailers that don't represent the game at all. It looked like it was cringy game trying to be funny, when the reality is that (at lest so far) almost all the banter interactions are great and story itself is excellent. Apparently italso has great references for Marvel Comic fans but I can't judge that part.

It's a shame about the sales. Hopefully it will have some legs, but it really isn't looking good.

EDIT: It probably also didn't help the value proposition that Square put The Avengers on Game Pass one month before GotG released.

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
Question, how do you even do vertical screenshots?
It's simple, you just rotate the camera in the ingame photo mode by 90º. When you take the shot, it will be horizontal, but then you search for the file and rotate it 90º yourself to get the vertical shot in the correct orientation.

That's how I did it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Zuck believes Metaverse is gonna be internet 2.0 in 10 years.

They are gearing up for this Fortnite + VRChat + Playstation Home future with body scans, face scans, avatars etc.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Huh, so the current discount for Jedi Fallen Order is less than the one that showed up for less than 24h a few days ago. So I guess it wasn't just someone flipping the switch early on the Halloween sale. Wonder what the hell happened then. Also, I regret not jumping on it as soon as I saw it lol.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I'm entering the final stretch of it now. The game is really good. Combat is the weakest part but I still find pretty decent and fun. The rest is top top-notch. Graphics, art design, story, dialog and most importantly, characters.

But it still is a linear single player game (15-17 hs) on an open world dominated market, coming of that big flop that was The Avengers.

Plus... and I can't stress this enough, it had terrible trailers that don't represent the game at all. It looked like it was cringy game trying to be funny, when the reality is that (at lest so far) almost all the banter interactions are great and story itself is excellent. Apparently italso has great references for Marvel Comic fans but I can't judge that part.

It's a shame about the sales. Hopefully it will have some legs, but it really isn't looking good.

EDIT: It probably also didn't help the value proposition that Square put The Avengers on Game Pass one month before GotG released.
the ersatz-MCU vibe of the game (obviously closely patterned after the MCU incarnations of the GotG, but not actually set in the MCU and without the likenesses/voices of Pratt et al) probably put off some people as well

• Eyes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Is the game fun? Maybe wait for a bundle :D
It is okay with 2 players. If you have at least 3 players, I think it should be better.

The first two games have already been in bundles. Team17 likes to bundle their games. :)
I don't know if the upgrade will ever be. For 4 €, it is not too bad.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
ngl lashman is such a good person I wouldn't mind even if he hands us to elon musk himself

but he wouldn't do that because he's a great guy
I like to think that my content free shitposting and copious links to youtube, reddit and twitter shitposting is helping keep Meta's value below the notice of Elon and his ilk. If the current owner has a sudden desire for two bottles of pop and a 6 pack of quavers then we may be doomed and sold off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.