Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Anyway, a new day at TI 10 is about to start.

Deleted member 113

Cerium did say that it was growing health concerns, so maybe medical bills started piling up?
Ah, the health concerns of making a few hundred thousand $ a year, and then making an additional 4+ million $.
Owning an internet forum is serious, tough business, and it screws with your health.

Me, on the other hand, I'm thankful I don't have to endure such health-taxing problems, since my job only demands of me that I have to frequently work 7 day weeks, 16+ hours a day, to get 10.000€ a year, most of it going to basic day to day living expenses.

Clearly, I'm outdated. I should have just been a streamer, making idiot noises to the camera while playing videogames, or setting up a website/forum. That's what our society values in the 21st century. Manual work, or most forms of intellectual work that come from studying, or getting professional experience in a physical space, are clearly outdated notions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
These NFTs seem really weird. I do remember reading about something to do with old youtube clips, that people could sort of 'buy' the original clip. So you could own the dramatic hamster clip but i dont really see what the value is in that? I guess they are selling it like owning a painting? You own the Mona Lisa but people can licence copies? that sort of thing?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
a few thousand $ a year
More like a few hundred thousand $ a year. :evilblob:

Clearly, I'm outdated. I should have just been a streamer
Keep in mind that money is paid by advertisers. Streamers are expendable resources, and the really big bucks are made by the people who pay streamers.

The hierarchy is basically:
  1. companies with profitable processes to create value, and which are looking for ways to advertise their products,
  2. sandwich board persons (Twitch streamers, social media platforms, forums, etc.), who earn more ad money than we would naively expect,
  3. the rest of us enjoying our "free" content, and sending donations to the sandwich board persons to help them make a living.
Basically, whenever you see uBlock Origin has blocked an ad, you can assume that ad money earned by the site is way more than you would expect.
There are very few ad-free places, and MetaCouncil is one of them.

that sort of thing?
I don't think you can license it. I guess most people just speculate, dreaming to buy it for cheap now and sell it for millions in a few years, kind of like bitcoins.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

More like a few hundred thousand $ a year. :evilblob:
I meant that! (I forgot to write the word "thousand" :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:)

Because the idea behind what I posted is that this guy easily earned monthly several times what I (and many others) earn in a full year, while doing jack shit, and then mentions "health concerns" when announcing a multi-million $ sale. Yes, because don't forget the day to day moderation was done by other people, most of them unpaid.

Deleted member 113

This is going to be another totally insane day of releases... :face-screaming-in-fear:
And I do mean crazy. Pages of pages of new games, 10+ of them titles I wishlisted.

I mean, here's a sample of some of the titles releasing (besides the ones people already posted about, like Mon Amour):

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
You own the Mona Lisa but people can licence copies? that sort of thing?
You own a unique token to a replica of Mona Lisa, not the Mona Lisa itself. Now, if you're an NFT seller, you don't have to actually own a license to sell a true replica of Mona Lisa, because you're not actually selling the artwork, only the tokens.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
This is going to be another totally insane day of releases... :face-screaming-in-fear:
And I do mean crazy. Pages of pages of new games, 10+ of them titles I wishlisted.

I mean, here's a sample of some of the titles releasing (besides the ones people already posted about, like Mon Amour):

The Steam store should be closed for a year or ten so i can work peacefully on my backlog.

EDIT: Somehow i deleted my previous post. Brain fart.

EDIT 2: Also, this should be out today

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

From October 12, 2021 to November 13, 2021, Capcom will donate 100% of the proceeds it receives from Steam (less VAT) of the Chun-Li and Ryu skins to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Capcom will disclose the total amount of its donation following the end of the campaign.
Even if I am not playing SFV I think I am going to buy this dlc just to support Breast cancer research. Plus the costumes look really nice!! There are pink and white versions for each costume

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

A productive (???) year in gaming, so far. Still a lot left...

Backlog T1-3 is me categorizing games by desirability to play. And, yes, I did actually go to the HLTB page of almost every game to order them by duration. I like categorizing things...

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I fucked up my anagram. I fail even at that. How will I earn 4 millions now ?
Plan B : launch AnimeOccult and earn billions.

• Eyes

Deleted member 113

I fucked up my anagram. I fail even at that. How will I earn 4 millions now ?
You're totally off the mark, Li Kao.
I'll give you a million dollar idea, as a freebie.

All these forums are "splinters", that started with Neogaf, right?
Let's use the current Hollywood trend of releasing sequels, that act simultaneously "kind of" like reboots, that use the exact same name as the original film. You have Halloween (2018), a sequel/reboot of Halloween (1978); Scream (2022), the same thing for Scream (1996); or Candyman (2021), for Candyman (1992).
So, the next big thing will be... Neogaf (2021), a sequel/reboot to Neogaf (1999).

No need to thank me. :dabblob:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I've enjoyed Death's Gambit a lot when I played it last year, and the free Afterlife expansion (which turns it in a true metroidvania) makes it even better. Don't sleep on this game guys, it's awesome! 😍

I didn't sleep on it, I played it on Game Pass but I couldn't defeat the fourth or fifth boss :confounded-face:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I've enjoyed Death's Gambit a lot when I played it last year, and the free Afterlife expansion (which turns it in a true metroidvania) makes it even better. Don't sleep on this game guys, it's awesome! 😍

I played it through to completion after the update. Pretty good, all in all.

Alexandros, as I understand it, it's also gotten a bit easier with the expansion after rebalancing. (It certainly seemed manageable to me)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Anyway, skipping the line of thought where I'm still shell shocked by the cynicism of the move and how my life is in ruin and I'm depressed as fuck...

I'm really curious about Dungeon Encounters. Like, is it the most mediocre shit ever or a genuine good idea ? If I had more cash I would buy it.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Zomboid has been going for so long, I feel like in time everyone will own it. Even if you weren't interested.
Actually a really good game, please play
Yeah, I will play it, a shame the development is so slow :/ the last update was 2019

• This!
Status
Not open for further replies.