Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

For fans of beat'em ups, don't sleep on Mayhem Brawler. The game went almost unnoticed at launch, which is too bad, since it's a really fun game.
Ever since I played a demo a couple of months before launch, it became one of those games I had to buy on day one, which I did.

Like I said, the game is really enjoyable. Nice comic-book look and presentation, branching storyline (with alternate paths/stages/bosses, that results in 3 different endings, with 3 different final stages, and 3 different final bosses), some interesting gameplay mechanics (there's elemental damage and effects, and vulnerabilities and resistance to certain attacks, like in an RPG), and an interesting cast of characters and enemies, including many of supernatural nature (vampires, werewolves, zombies, ...).

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

I bought it yesterday and played for a bit, and it's more fun than what I was expecting for a mountain bike game.

The main mode you need to finish 4 areas without losing all your lives, you can get more lives completing a special objective in a level. If you spend too much time playing the levels in an area it starts to become darker as the sunset approaches.
I really enjoyed what I played of it. While different, I also enjoyed Lonely Mountain: Downhill

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Checked ebay for Guardians of the galaxy. Jesus wept, some freaks are selling family sharing version of games to play in offline mode or something.
I still have no cheap Guardians key and I'm approaching 'too much internet for the day'. It's 3:00 pm.
how would that even work? dont you have to login to your Steam account first on any given PC to use family sharing there?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
For fans of beat'em ups, don't sleep on Mayhem Brawler. The game went almost unnoticed at launch, which is too bad, since it's a really fun game.
Ever since I played a demo a couple of months before launch, it became one of those games I had to buy on day one, which I did.

Like I said, the game is really enjoyable. Nice comic-book look and presentation, branching storyline (with alternate paths/stages/bosses, that results in 3 different endings, with 3 different final stages, and 3 different final bosses), some interesting gameplay mechanics (there's elemental damage and effects, and vulnerabilities and resistance to certain attacks, like in an RPG), and an interesting cast of characters and enemies, including many of supernatural nature (vampires, werewolves, zombies, ...).

The style kind of remembers the new Streets of Rage! Branching paths is a plus in my book for games in the genre as it add to their replayability.

If you haven't played it yet I recommend checking Fight"n Rage.

I can't wait for it.

I really enjoyed what I played of it. While different, I also enjoyed Lonely Mountain: Downhill

To the wishlist it goes!

Reactions: Tomasety and Nabs

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Looks good, Music choice is at odds with the trailer though.
Feels like they got a longer time to plan their fight scenes this season. I know the first season basically had that 1 great fight that was praised and I imagine they are going to expand on that now.

Reactions: Tomasety

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
N++, Yooka & the Impossible Lair, and more
I already own most of those but Maize and the Frog Detective games are also worth playing imo

Yooka is a pretty solid 2.5D platformer, which I had to give up on a third or so of the way through because it abuses one of my least favorite platformer design tropes (gating access to new levels behind difficult-to-obtain "optional" collectibles that aren't required to complete any individual stage). just finishing each stage should be enough of a challenge, forcing you to replay a stage multiple times to get said collectibles is just a cheap and artificial way of increasing the game's length and difficulty

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I wonder if Gnosia has a placeholder date still. It is at/near the top of the Popular Upcoming tab.

I imported it ages ago, but the JP font text was not easy to read.

• Eyes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
As reported by NPD, 1/3 of all PC gamers in the US also own a PS4.

But NPD also reported 109 million PC gamers in 2021 and 38 million PS4 owners.

That means that 36 million PC gamers own a PS4.
THAT means 95% of PS4 owners play on the PC.

Am I missing something?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
how would that even work? dont you have to login to your Steam account first on any given PC to use family sharing there?
No idea about the how as I noped out real fast, and calling it family sharing may be wrong. What I’m sure is is that the seller specified you needed to play in offline mode.

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
No idea about the how as I noped out real fast, and calling it family sharing may be wrong. What I’m sure is is that the seller specified you needed to play in offline mode.
Since this struck me as extremely odd, I wanted to investigate. I just looked up one of those auctions on ebay. So theyre basically selling access to a shared Steam account that has the game. Meaning you get login detail, log in, set it to offline mode, and then play.
Quite a strange way of "selling" something, since the seller of course retains all the rights to the account. Its never yours, you just share the account, with probably several others (one auction I looked at had 8 already sold and 2 more on offer) – which is risky. Someone could try changing the password (the seller could reset it then, but it'd be a hassle).
And the whole thing is surely against Steam TOS. I cannot imagine Valve would allow this sort of this if they were to notice. I just wonder if people tried this before or if this is new.

Anyway. Good on noping out.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I hope it's a Kingo game tbh

Skydance New Media, the new interactive division of Skydance Media helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, announced today a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to develop a narrative-driven, blockbuster action-adventure game, featuring a completely original story and take on the Marvel Universe. This marks the first initiative from the new AAA game studio, which was formed by Hennig and Electronic Arts veteran Julian Beak to pioneer a new category of story-focused interactive entertainment—a groundbreaking convergence of games, film, and television.

“I can’t imagine a better partner than Marvel for our first game,” said Hennig, President, Skydance New Media. “The Marvel Universe epitomizes all the action, mystery and thrills of the pulp adventure genre that I adore and lends itself perfectly to an interactive experience. It’s an honor to be able to tell an original story with all the humanity, complexity, and humor that makes Marvel characters so enduring and to enable our players to embody these heroes that they love.”

“Amy has been setting the bar for narrative adventure games for decades and we are happy to be collaborating with the talented and experienced New Media team at Skydance,” said Jay Ong, Executive Vice President & Head of Marvel Games. “Their ambition and vision for making innovative entertainment using beloved Marvel IP was obvious from our first meeting. We’re excited to share more with Marvel fans when the time is right.”

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
THAT means 95% of PS4 owners play on the PC.
I think they don't distinguish between "owners" and "players", as shown by the wording of this tweet:

only about 1/3 of PC players in the US owns a PS4, and only 8% own a PS5

So the conclusion would be that 95% of PS4 owners have access to Windows/Linux on a PC, and the other 5% have:
  • either no PC,
  • or only access to macOS on an Apple machine.
In summary:
  • 38 million of PS4 owners.
  • 36 million of them with an access to Windows/Linux on a desktop machine.
  • The other 2 million with only an access to macOS (no dual-boot) or no access to a desktop machine.
It would not be too inconsistent with the fact that desktop share worldwide should be ~ 15% for macOS.
If 1/3 of these people do not have dual-boot, that would be in line with the numbers above.

Last edited:

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com

I noticed....that it came out around the same time as the SOR4 DLC.

ANd I didn't have time for both.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The state of Curator Connect in my curator group. 4 games available:
  • one adult visual novel,
  • and 3 copies of that Pago game, one of which has a bugged thumbnail.

:popcorncat:

Last edited:
  • Sad
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Shame, hoped she'd work on something I find even remotely interesting.
Seriously, what a disappointment. Her writeup was nice and I'm glad she's working on a big game she finds interesting, but I'm so sick of Marvel IP sucking all the air out of every room. Can we just move on as a society?

On an unrelated note, thank you fearthedawn for Katana Zero! Been wanting to play this one for a really long time.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Over 1 week till release, also available on game pass, yet FH5 is the second global seller and has been on top 10 for a long time. Damn. MS currently owns the top 2 on global seller list.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.