Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The news about ZA/UM is pretty sad. It seemed like the rare type of literary RPG (of which there are maybe 2 other games? The classic Planescape: Torment, and its spirtual sequel Torment: Numenera) that might actually be financially successful and get a sequel. I guess the universe had to intervene to restore order to things. Even if Disco 2 hits, I don't expect it to really live up to the name. It will have a different artist, writer and likely no one else who worked on the first game stuck around.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm probably going to the play the scariest game of all time this month.

Persona 5 Royale with cheese.
Well, maybe.
I'm probably not willing to pay the full €60 for it, so hoping for third party stores to have it at some point for cheaper.
It’s a Sega-published game, so the usual suspects will have it.

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
BTW, think I should drop this here. Basically Rimworld 2 by the Combat Extended devs and a few other prominent Rimworld modders. Featuring Z-Levels, 21st century NPC AI, Vehicles, and other things people have wanted out of Rimworld over the years

Kickstarter campaign just passed 100% a few minutes ago, but it's not too late to pitch in with the stretch-goal, with about 11 days left. Sounds like their plan is to fund another six months of development with this and then launch in Steam Early Access.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So many cool gaming coming out this month, only 2 I will get for sure is Plague Tale 2 (Steam) and P5R (Steam). But I love everything I've seen from Scorn...

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Genshin concert was pretty great again

Shame Band-Maid only did one song but it was fantastic as expected.
Didn't expect them to cover the Dawn Winery Theme of all things though. lol.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Aaaaand after 66h my Tales of Arise journey finished. I really love that group of characters and that world but combat got repetitive and overall game outstayed it's welcome in my opinion. Still i would play sequel with same characters for sure.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
That idiot who is losing 6000 hours of RDR2 on Stadia said on a follow up video that he still thinks game streaming is “the future” and that Stadia is aimed for casual users (of whom literally 0% used the service).

I mean, how boneheaded can you get? Tech Utopianism is basically brain rot at this point. Cloud streaming is tech aimed at people who want to be on the cutting edge but actually know nothing about technology.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Whew. Finished Underwater Ray Romano Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen.
That was excellent. Excellent story that went places I really didn't expect. Excellent characters. A lot of very emotional moments.
Combat wasn't half bad either.
10/10 would recommend. (Especially on a Deck).

Booted straight into Mask of Deception after I was done to satiate my immediate appetite for more, but I realize I need a bit of a break, so I'm probably gonna jump into Trails from Zero now.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I really should play one this month! HMMMMM... My massive backlog contains many, many horror games. SOMA would be a good choice for me as well, as I've been putting it off for years. I did watch PossiblyPudding play some Pumpkin Jack for about 10-15 minutes yesterday and that does seem pretty fun! HMM... too many optionssssss.

I am going to be focusing on horror movies this month, though, getting in at least 31 new ones. Started immediately at midnight last night with Bodies Bodies Bodies lol
Pumpkin Jack was a pretty good time! We ended up streaming all of it, so it's on the short side as well. There are a few minor complaints I have about it, mostly with how it controls, but if anyone has some nostalgia for old PSX action platformers like MediEvil then chances are you'll enjoy Pumpkin Jack too.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

Starting things off with our usual Sunday randomness. Going to do a quick run or two in Have a Nice Death and then bounce around a little after that. Toward the end of the stream we'll try figuring out our next spooky game to play. There's three I'm considering and one of those I'm a little worried it doesn't hold up at all.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
This week's top 10: (duplication is back, yes :crying-face: )

Last week:
I posted this a few days ago, but FIFA 23's Steam launch was significantly larger than FIFA 22, and that's even with the game being on EGS (and being available for 5 cents for a few hours in India due to a pricing error). PC gamers must have really wanted the PS5/Xbox Series version. Also the success of FIFA and CoD have effectively given the greenlight for $70 PC games.

Most importantly, Monster Train is in the bundle.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tried Riders Republic once again (the free Ubi+ lapses oct 10th), it was fun during the first few races (basically introduction races), but now the game is getting kinda stale. Still have a bunch of days more with it, I was planning to get it on sale, but now Im not sure.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, don't bother remastering that game. Who's gonna want that? If the original wasn't already on PC I'd see the merits of it just for that (ala The Last of us Part I), but c'mon guys this is utterly pointless. Not even Nintendo is this fuckin' dumb and they take the cake for remastering games and selling them at full price.

Just get to work on porting Forbidden West to PC and maybe get cracking on number 3 (simship on PS5/PC).

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.