Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ok, so after some time I pinpointed the culprit, MSI Afterburner makes Endless Legend crash (!)

Not at all in the mood to play after that I decided to troubleshoot Crimzon Clover, which gave me a black screen with sound the last time I tried it. Could get a tiny windowed version running but no dice on the fullscreen front. And now this game can officially suck my dick.
I'm a little annoyed, just a tiny bit.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
That 15$ is the most pathetic tier in the entire history of humble bundles, holy fucking shit
Right? I laughed out loud when I saw it.
BTA is in free fall, so that seems to have been the general reaction.

That BTA tier would be perfect if it had the White March expansions for pillars, I have the base game already <.<

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ok, so I can already say what I think about the Spyro remake PC port. just completed the first world "Artisians" at 100% with all the zones cleared so I can give a short impressions of what I think about the port and the remake itself.

1 - Remake is absolutely FANTASTIC, I never played on console so this is new for me and let me tell you this is a 1:1 remake with really good looking assets, everything is really beautiful. seriously.

2 - PC performance is AWESOME, as it happened with Crash, the PC port is probably the best way to play the game, it's smooth (uncapped framerate FTW), graphics are much sharper and NO MOTION BLUR.

3 - It's an amazing game, if you liked the original trilogy, you will love this one too.

ABSOLUTELY RECOMMENDED!!! :triggerblob: :triggerblob: :triggerblob: :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob:

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Borderlands in this bundle comes with SHaFT keys, that's a steal.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I was gonna try out Tyranny via gamepass...but wow @ that humble bundle. Both Tyranny and Pillars for 4 bucks n some change? Plus some other games?

Don't mind if I do.
Yeah, and the other games look pretty decent as well.

Reactions: yuraya

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I always feel so left out of all of this remake excitement.

I didn't play Mario 64 as a kid, nor Super Mario or World or FF7 or Sypro or Banjoo Twoie or RE:2 or Crash Bandicoot or Duck Tales or Lion King or (basically anything). Doesn't move the needle. Sorry. Always feels like a cash grab. I don't like releases or remakes and I usually do not purchase them UNLESS it is the only way for me to play it, THE FIRST TIME.

Reactions: Wok and PC-tan

Deleted member 113

Don't forget that, even if you don't select the 3rd tier, by default Gearbox is still getting a portion of your money.

Feel free to change the distribution slides, so they get nothing. ;)

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

I didn't play Mario 64 as a kid, nor Super Mario or World or FF7 or Sypro or Banjoo Twoie or RE:2 or Crash Bandicoot or Duck Tales or Lion King or (basically anything). Doesn't move the needle. Sorry. Always feels like a cash grab. I don't like releases or remakes and I usually do not purchase them UNLESS it is the only way for me to play it, THE FIRST TIME.
But.... aren't those remakes great for you then? Playing the games for the first time, updated?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
But.... aren't those remakes great for you then? Playing the games for the first time, updated?
Ah...... a few of those games I emulated a bit a few years ago..... welp, I think I missed the Mario boat, or whatever time in a gamers young life Mario is supposed to imprint on them.

RE2 I got a digital copy on my PS3, just a re-release. FF7, lol no, Lion king and Aladdin, nope, sypro, lol-price....

I didn't even think for a second getting GTAV for my PS4 or Last of Us remastered or whatever.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Mario 64 is my favorite game of all time.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have no idea how long into DQXI I am right now.

the world tree has fallen, I have picked up Sylando and Rab again, now Im in Warriors Inn

Reactions: yuraya

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I tried to like it. I even used a XB360/XB1 controller during emulation.

That flag just isn't flying. :(
Haha the game is a bit basic after all these years but I still think Mario moveset is great.

Also, how much can the BTA on that humble go down? lol

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Most of those titles you mentioned I never played as a kid, I did how ever get a chance to play Crash. I liked Spyro and 1 and 3 where what I grew up with.

I didn't really play Mario games but as some people have mentioned, Thousand Year door is a really good game, Sunshine is nice as well. But I could never really get into Mario though.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I have no idea how long into DQXI I am right now.

the world tree has fallen, I have picked up Sylando and Rab again, now Im in Warriors Inn
Don't worry about progress or how much you have left.

Just enjoy the ride. And yes its a very long ride. Its what makes the game so special.

Reactions: PC-tan

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
FYI for anyone interested, it's on GMG VIP for cheaper
I loved Yooka and 100% it on Steam, but that was because it was a 3D collectathon and in general, there are not many of those left. I am going to have to wait for reviews on this as there are a lot of 2/2.5D platformers on Steam to compete with.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It did not get a "remaster" but it did get a "rerelease", the 2004 Star Wars Battlefront game was really great and sadly the game is not in a good state right now (will it ever get patched again? I actually prefer the game prior to the patch). I never owned a PS2 or OG Xbox but if I did I would have purchased that game, I use to go over to my cousins house pretty much just to play that game.

A remaster of the game would be cool though and I'm sure others would like it as well. I did play some of DICEs Battlefront 1 and did not really like it, I did not give Battlefront 2 much of a try so I don't know if it a better game and if EA in the end did justice for the series. I think EA even mentioned that they were not sure what fans wanted in a Battlefront 3 (the answer is quite simple, just a bigger version of Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron)

Story Time: I still remember being sad when I was in fifth grade since that was around the time the original DS came out, my classmates would get together on the bus playing Mario Kart DS and me being bummed that I did not have a DS and that I had GBA SP instead. During my years playing on the DS (2006-2012, since I got a OG 3DS in 2012) N-Space was a part of childhood making DS version of games. When I was a freshman in high school everyone else was playing Call of Duty Black Ops on their PS3s and their Xbox 360s but I was instead playing the game on my DS.

It could be do to the weird order that I have played games in and what not that my personal preferences for what should get a remaster and what remasters I will get excited for are a bit different than others

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So, let's see if this series lives up to the hype, not that I'm expecting more than a good looking collect-a-thon
I was replaying the originals on the PS3 maybe 3 or so years ago and the game design at least still does hold up, I think not being able to swim in the first game does suck though

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Indivisible is $28 on GMG VIP. Same price as Humble with the Monthly Discount.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Okay, Spyro is fantabulous. I already 100%ed the first hub and half of the second one.

When I saw I earned a skill point I got scared... I thought they had shoehorned a skill-tree into the game... but no, they're just extra objectives you can complete in some of the levels to unlock stuff like concept art.

Oh and... why can't I breath fire anymore when I'm taking those tornado lifts? I do like the interactive loading screen though... at least I can breath fire there.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Free stuff and some event.
So I just log in, go to the ingame store and get the dlc for free? I got the game via humble and redeemed my key will I be able to play at least the free stuff until I need to resub, during whentime I can get this dlc?

EDIT: CROM THE DANGED THING IS 103 GB....

Reactions: Wok

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
So I just log in, go to the ingame store and get the dlc for free? I got the game via humble and redeemed my key will I be able to play at least the free stuff until I need to resub, during whentime I can get this dlc?

EDIT: CROM THE DANGED THING IS 103 GB....
Nah, don't panic, actually only 85,7GB to download. :coffee:

Oh well, the launcher is doing its own thing now, downloading more and taking its time to install patches. :huhblob:

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018

Free stuff and some event.
Well, looks like I have to re-install ESO to grab that.

Status
Not open for further replies.