Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I wanted to read more impressions about Spyro and decided to read the purple PC thread for a change... and it's crazy how much I dislike lurking there just because I can't like posts... I don't want to quote people just to say "word." ... and sometimes you write stuff that might be enjoyable to read that wouldn't necessarily warrant an actual written response... but at least here I sometimes receive a basket full of blue thumbs which is always great.

Although I admit that whenever I'm catching up with this thread, skimming through posts, I often forget to drop phalanges for y'all.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Its so funny getting an email from Blizzard telling me Destiny 2 is moving to a new platform soon. But they don't mention the name of the platform in the email :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What a strange partnership that turned out to be. Why exactly do they have to migrate anyways? Can they not continue selling the game on Bnet and also sell it on Steam? Did Activision give them the boot because they are taking up too much space on that store or what? There is only like 7 games on there and why is Blizzard sending out the sad ass email?

Activision should have let them sell the game on Steam from the get go the same way they are selling Crash and Spyro now. The whole thing just wound up being dumb and pointless.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I see nothing wrong with it. If I sleep less than 6 hours I'm basically useless the next day, so I always try to get at least 7 hours of sleep during the week.
And I used to sleep a lot more a decade ago, before starting a full time job. Ah, the good old days :sleepy-face:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I see nothing wrong with it. If I sleep less than 6 hours I'm basically useless the next day, so I always try to get at least 7 hours of sleep during the week.
And I used to sleep a lot more a decade ago, before starting a full time job. Ah, the good old days :sleepy-face:
I guess I'll double down on coffee tomorrow, I hope my stomach can take it lol

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Considering the map and overall gameplay, my bet is that it's going to be something like GTA Online. Free roam in the city doing missions and stuff to buy some shit for your apartment.
yeah, probably ... wouldn't surprise me

Reactions: Milena

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
HEY, YOU 100%d those too, NICEEEE! I'm completing everything too.
I'm going to 100% the entire thing just as i did with the CB Remake! :so-good-blob:

A tsundere
with red, long twin tails
and miniskirt
and thigh-highs
with straps
and a nice thickness
and a big chest
This is a list of my weaknesses turned art :sweaty-blob::sweaty-blob:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Finally managed to buy Spyro and Witcher 3. Never played Spyro as a kid, apart from trying it for 5 minutes at a friend's house. Also I stopped playing Witcher 1 in the middle of chapter 2, even though I was enjoying it a lot, and now I don't remember anything so I can't continue, but at the same time don't feel like starting it from the beginning again. Wish I could continue that game, but it may be too late.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Sometimes I legit think if there's something wrong with me. People my age (28) can get shitfaced all night but still be (barely) functional the next day, but if I'm not in bed by 12 then I feel terrible the whole next day.
Wait until you're 40 😁

Have you ever had a medical examination to find the cause of your reflux? This used to be a serious problem for me, but the right medication and sleeping with the head-side of my bed slightly raised fixed most of my reflux issues.

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Oddworld Munch's Odyssey on Steam just got French, Spanish (European), German and Italian audio and text options. Can't say if they were taken from the original Xbox version.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Finished The Council.

Think about a game that starts very well but can't keep up and starts throwing plot twists left and right to the point that in the ending if a character is exactly who they said they are in the beginning it surprised me more than the last two or three 'revelations'. There's no much else to say without giving spoilers, unfortunately. Anyway, since we're talking about bad things, animations, facial expressions and some puzzles are bad. Straight up bad. Loading times are pretty quick but there's still a lot of them - A LOT. Example: you are in your room and need to talk with a character that is on the dining room, downstairs. The game will have a loading screen as you exit your room, another for when you go downstairs and another one as you enter to the dining room. The level of detail in every room of the game is impressive, but the amount of loading screens you see every chapter sucks.

Nonetheless even with the last two episodes, which honestly weren't that great, the game is entertaining. The cast of characters is surprisingly intriguing - during the first hours, at least - and voice acting back them up well too. Most of the gameplay systems, like confrontations (where you argue with another characters and try to exploit their weaknesses) are well realized and to my surprise even the RPG-ish elements (perks and leveling up skills) are implemented fairly well.

I got the game with a 60% discount during the last Summer sale and I absolutely got my money's worth from it. I'm curious to see what the devs will be able to do in their Vampire The Masquerade game that will be releasing in a couple years.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Looks like he's arrived... and approves!
He wants two slices.

I'll delete it if it offends but i'm blaming google.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
If I actually do get an own place soon, the thing I look forward the most, is having a controller again! To able to play games like Deadcells will be sweet!
Yeah! Though this place is just something temporary, social housing while a social worker will help me find an actual home. But yeah will be great to have somewhere to go "home to"!

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Didn't know they added some mp elements into The Surge 2. Looks like light messaging system and a revenge system.
What upsets me a bit is that they kept the hop and duck in the combat. Don't like those at all.
Other than that it seems to be potentially pretty good, lots of improvements from the first game.

Urge to Surge (2) rising.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
:sick:

just ugly

Bad North: Jotuun Edition
Creature in the Well
Dead Cells
Enter the Gungeon
Gears 5 UE
Gonner Blüeberry Edition
Shadow Warrior 2

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hey you French peeps, I'm thinking about preordering Links Awakening and saw that it has a preorder offer, both at Fnac and Mircomania but at Fnac it seems so cost, think I might be missing something?

EDIT: Never mind! Figured it out!XD

Reactions: MJunioR

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I really wish games on steam separated multiplayer and single player achievements. I played crackdown 3 on game pass and there are separate achievement totals for multiplayer and single player! so I was able to get all the achievements playing single player and didn't have to play multiplayer at all. Just finished DOOM last night and I want to go back and finish off collecting stuff but there are like 30 multiplayer only achievements and if I cant get 100% why even finish off the rest of the single player achievements :(

I know cheevos dont matter but I like to 100% a game when I enjoy the game.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I really wish games on steam separated multiplayer and single player achievements. I played crackdown 3 on game pass and there are separate achievement totals for multiplayer and single player! so I was able to get all the achievements playing single player and didn't have to play multiplayer at all. Just finished DOOM last night and I want to go back and finish off collecting stuff but there are like 30 multiplayer only achievements and if I cant get 100% why even finish of the rest of the single player achievements :(

cheevos matter

I think that Activision was one of the only ones that did this right, separating the games main modes (SP, MP and Zombies) and consequently their achievements

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I really wish games on steam separated multiplayer and single player achievements. I played crackdown 3 on game pass and there are separate achievement totals for multiplayer and single player! so I was able to get all the achievements playing single player and didn't have to play multiplayer at all. Just finished DOOM last night and I want to go back and finish off collecting stuff but there are like 30 multiplayer only achievements and if I cant get 100% why even finish off the rest of the single player achievements :(

After they address that they need to make single and multi separate installations, it's so annoying when you want to install a game that is 30+ gigs to just play single or multi. Hard disk space is getting out of hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.