Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

It works pretty simply: once you buy DOS2 from the E-Shop and load up the game, you’ll be asked if you want to link to Steam. If you choose to, it’ll automatically grab your saves from the elusive and impenetrable Steam cloud (you’ll see how we managed this next week), and your save will be playable on the Switch. It works vice-versa, too. Finished with a game? It’ll upload the save back into the cloud.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
This Nintendo direct was basically....

Spend money on these games you already spent money on in the past decade... two decades... three decades. Kthnxs.
I dont have a lot of those games so it is fine by me.

It needed more anime tho.

Reactions: PC-tan and Arsene

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This Nintendo direct was basically....

Spend money on these games you already spent money on in the past decade... two decades... three decades. Kthnxs.
If you ignore all the upcoming (anywhere) games, modern stuff (multiplatform/future games now count as "past decade" lol?), new reveals and exclusives.

Kthnxs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsene

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
If you ignore all the upcoming games, modern stuff (or do multiplatform games now count as "past decade" lol) exclusives and new announcements like a troll.

Kthnxs.
It was a 40min direct with just a couple of new game announcements. Everything else was ports and updates. They can do much better.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Hold up! I just caught the last 20 seconds of Giant Bomb and they said Deadly Premonition 2 and then i see that tweet that it's true and SWERY is involved. Banger of a Direct!

I'm in!

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Good regional price
Trials of mana
TRIALS of MANA · AppID: 924980
price and yep good regional price (At least For Latin America)

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Good regional price
Trials of mana
TRIALS of MANA · AppID: 924980
price and yep good regional price (At least For Latin America)
Trials of Mana ($59.99 CAD) has better regional pricing in Canada than Ni No Kuni ($64.99).

Square Enix usually has awful regional pricing here and Namco's is usually mostly alright. So its weird seeing it be the complete opposite. Nice to finally have both up for preorder though none the less. Wheres my Digimon at tho?

Reactions: PhaZZe

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Great direct. The games kept on coming, very good rythm.
September was dead so they begun hitting november, lots of shadow drops. I’m satisfied :blobdrool:

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
NNKR regional pricing is not great, but it is just in line with what I was waiting for. Now just need to think if I should pre-order it and get that juicy wallpaper or wait.

In other news, Greedfall keeps getting more and more of my attention every day, I might jump on it too. And while I'm not super sure about VTMB2, the new faction they announced today will be definitely the one I'll be joining.

Went to the pantry to get some bread and Nutella. The nutella bottle had ants all over it but not inside it.

I ate it anyway.
You should have shared some nutella with the ants 🐜

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

How i feel now.
I'd upvote it but I HATE HATE HATE exclusives of a sequel to another platform I don't own and most nintendo fanboys get the side eye. I'm gonna sound like a dick but nintendo fans go so fucking overboard (a VOCAL as fuck minority) that it turns me off from all of their directs and annoy's me at the same time that I could never justify the cost of a nintendo console to myself.

But, good for those who have it I guess. I end up just annoyed. (Christ I am in an awful mood this week, I apologize everyone)

Yeah, I wanted a quick snack and it was what I had on hand. It is raining quite heavily in my city.

Oh man.... hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks. Flooding is no joke.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Shame its not crossplay but this is still nice. Surprising that Steam actually tweeted about it though.
Ya it's strange, as far as what I have seen all the Steam Twitter page normally does is tweet about new game releases and games that are on sale.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Oh man.... hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks. Flooding is no joke.
It has been worse. But yeah, in these three days it will rain 60-70% of the water the city recieves in a year.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Nothing on ERA gaming side makes me feel like an outsider when a cult classic japanese game that I had never heard of get localized and everyone fuckin loses their damn minds

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Terry in smash teaser was great.
But i wanted gameplay :v

Also deadly premonition 1 needs a major overhaul on pc if we could get it.

Just spent 20 minutes looking for the last 3 gems in this Spyro level, I have come to the conclusion they do not exist.

Google says the fairy points to the gems.woops
Fairy or sparc? In original gsmes holding Ll 4 shoulder buttoms will have sparx aim at gems' direction which is kept in the remakes iirc.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
What the name of the game
Moon: Remix RPG Adventure.

Its an old PS1 game that inspired Earthbound and Undertale. It never came to the west and multiple fan localization attempts got cancelled or faded away before completion. Its coming to the Switch with an English release for the first time soon. It was widely acclaimed when it first came out and it has a strong cult following in Japan. So people have been pretty excited to finally try it out in english.

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
Moon: Remix RPG Adventure. Its an old PS1 game that inspired Earthbound and Undertale. It never came to the west and multiple fan localization attempts got cancelled. Its coming to the Switch with an English release for the first time soon.
But here's the thing, why are people losing their minds over this? exactly what in this game?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
But here's the thing, why are people losing their minds over this? exactly what in this game?
One of the most unique RPG's currently available. Undertale took heavy influence from it. Its not about battles, (hence why its called an anti-rpg) but helping the worlds dead monsters' souls reunite with their bodies by helping them with quests. Some are short and some are super indepth and lengthy.

Its a critically acclaimed cult classic that has had its english release prevented on multiple occasions. People in Japan LOVE this game and a ton of people in the west are excited to experience it for themselves.

Its a super weird game and its hard to really explain. But I'm personally really excited to finally play it, as Undertale is one of my favorite games of all time.

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
One of the most unique RPG's currently available. Undertale took heavy influence from it. Its not about battles, (hence why its called an anti-rpg) but helping the worlds dead monsters' souls reunite with their bodies by helping them with quests. Some are short and some are super indepth and lengthy.

Its a critically acclaimed cult classic that has had its english release prevented on multiple occasions. People in Japan LOVE this game and a ton of people in the west are excited to experience it for themselves.
NEATO

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Speaking of weird Japanese games getting fixed up:

They fixed all of Xenoblade's hideous faces.

PC emulation no longer definitive way to play if they really fixed it that much.
Yeah, it's not a simple HD port. It's a proper remaster, almost remake territory.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Speaking of weird Japanese games getting fixed up:

They fixed all of Xenoblade's hideous faces.

PC emulation no longer definitive way to play if they really fixed it that much.
Its a full blown remake, and it seems like they're bringing back cut content.

This area, named Bionis' Shoulder was only visible in a cutscene at the end of the game and cant be visited normally. Its in the files for the game and its massive (but unfinished). Looks like its making its way back in the Switch remake.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
As a future Switch owner, this direct filled me with joy tbh. Never played the original FE or Xenoblade (because lol, imagine owning a WiiU unironically) :p

Plus Animal Crossing looks AMAZING and they gave us a release date! \o/

Now if only they would also finally announce a new Girls' Mode/Style Savvy....

edit: But I do own the N3DS exclusive version of Xenoblade, hopefully someday XCX gets a Switch remake as well!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Welp

Its a full blown remake, and it seems like they're bringing back cut content.

This area, named Bionis' Shoulder was only visible in a cutscene at the end of the game and cant be visited normally. Its in the files for the game and its massive (but unfinished). Looks like its making its way back in the Switch remake.
I guess I'm going to just replay the game now, it took me maybe 30+ hours just to understand the basics of the gameplay. I just winged most of what I was doing, using Shulk to kill pretty much everything and I would later find out that is a very bad strategy since there are certain enemies that he is strong against but also others that he is not that strong against.

As a future Switch owner, this direct filled me with joy tbh. Never played the original FE or Xenoblade (because lol, imagine owning a WiiU unironically) :p

Plus Animal Crossing looks AMAZING and they gave us a release date! \o/

Now if only they would also finally announce a new Girls' Mode/Style Savvy....

edit: But I do own the N3DS exclusive version of Xenoblade, hopefully someday XCX gets a Switch remake as well!
I thought Nintendo that due to some technical issues that despite how much they would like to XCX would just not be possible on the system.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just try to trade my N/S and pay $100USD to get the one with the better battery life but as some one has mentioned here the OG versions will have some hardware vulnerability that will make it easier to hack and for me that means I would be using it to run an emulator on my PC

Reactions: lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The newer 'Mariko' Switch units are definitely patched and it's probably won't be hackable (if ever). That was an OK Direct. I'm mostly interested in Moon, Deadly Premonition 2 (WTF!), Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade. Although with Xenoblade, the dynamic resolution will probably kill its IQ again. Playing a fully-modded Xenoblade with Bighead's HD Texture Pack on Dolphin is probably the most definitive way you can get at the moment.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeah, it's not a simple HD port. It's a proper remaster, almost remake territory.
Remaster is touching up the visuals to make them look cleaner and smoother and also improve performance.
Remake is changing up the visuals at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.