Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
The newer 'Mariko' Switch units are definitely patched and it's probably won't be hackable (if ever). That was an OK Direct. I'm mostly interested in Moon, Deadly Premonition 2 (WTF!), Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade. Although with Xenoblade, the dynamic resolution will probably kill its IQ again. Playing a fully-modded Xenoblade with Bighead's HD Texture Pack on Dolphin is probably the most definitive way you can get at the moment.
At the moment yes. But they don't just increase the resolution but also changed models and added cut content. At that moment Dolphin won't be the best way to play anymore.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Speaking of weird Japanese games getting fixed up:

They fixed all of Xenoblade's hideous faces.

PC emulation no longer definitive way to play if they really fixed it that much.
Just wait for yuzu to run it 100% a few days after switch release :smart-thinking-blob:

Reactions: madjoki

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
At the moment yes. But they don't just increase the resolution but also changed models and added cut content. At that moment Dolphin won't be the best way to play anymore.
Well, I'm keeping my expectation in check. I value resolution/performance much higher than retexture/added geometry. Cut content is definitely a plus, but my experience with XB2 was rather poor so this remaster will probably end up in the same ballpark in terms of IQ. Even with the

the IQ is still rather poor.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Well, I'm keeping my expectation in check. I value resolution/performance much higher than retexture/added geometry. Cut content is definitely a plus, but my experience with XB2 was rather poor so this remaster will probably end up in the same ballpark in terms of IQ. Even with the

the IQ is still rather poor.
Yeah that's the unfortunate reality with having the game as switch exclusive. Xenoblade deserves better hardware.

Reactions: Kvik

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
DEADLY
PREMONITION
FUCKING
TWO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm... Do you have a VR headset and SteamVR installed? I do, and SteamVR's window always pops up whenever I run the game...
Maybe there's a link.... maybe Unreal Engine detects that SteamVR is present and some additional VR stuff that screws things up is instanced only if a compatible refresh rate (>= 60) is selected.

Anyway, I just noticed something cool... the music is somewhat dynamic! For instance, whenever you run, bongos are added to the music track.

Oh and fuck Tree Tops. It took me an inordinate amount of time to 100% the level... and it's just the billionth time I play Spyro 1.
Nope, got nothing of that sort

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Remaster is touching up the visuals to make them look cleaner and smoother and also improve performance.
Remake is changing up the visuals at least.
For me, remake is a total redevelopment of assets from the ground up with a totally new template. Major examples are Resident Evil 2 and Final Fantasy VII.

Xenoblade is close because it remade and/or touched up a lot of assets from characters, environment, and lighting. But it's still using the same base game.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Deadly Premonition is one of my all time favorite games despite having one of the all time miserable ports.
A sequel? :sweaty-blob: :sweaty-blob: :sweaty-blob:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I haven't followed the Direct, so I'm not sure how much Nintendo is involved with DP2, but my personal view is that everything is exclusive until it isn't (except when it's funded by either Sony or Nintendo).
So if DP2 isn't funded by Nintendo it will be ported eventually. If it is, then there's emulation ¯\(ツ)

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm alright with waiting for DP2 PC port, although I'll be ROTFLMAO if the PC port turn out to be as bad as DP1.

Still, it's funny how Switch has far more interesting exclusives compared with the other two platform holders -- especially for us who doesn't have any interest in playing P5R.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm alright with waiting for DP2 PC port, although I'll be ROTFLMAO if the PC port turn out to be as bad as DP1.

Still, it's funny how Switch has far more interesting exclusives compared with the other two platform holders -- especially for us who doesn't have any interest in playing P5R.
MS has had more interesting exclusives than PS4 and you can quote me on that.

I'd rather play the next Forza than Dad of War.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
same ... and i'm not even joking ... i love Forza (both)
Every single PS4 exclusive I've played has just been meh for me this gen. Sunset Overdrive, while it was exclusive, was better than every Sony funded game (maybe just after Bloodborne but that's just another Souls game).

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
JaseC pointed out on Era that it won't likely be an exclusive forever.

Post #655 of this thread:
It's a Marvelous game, their games will make their way to other systems eventually, like it happened in the PSVita era, PS4 era and it happened with Travis Strikes Again.

Will Daemon, NMH3 and DP2 come to PC? I can't tell you because I'm not from the future, BUT, just wait 200-300 days and see what happens.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I want dxm on steam because customization for black and dsrk skinned chracters looka good.
I mean, DxM at 60-144fps in Ultra Settings with that cell-shading style must be AMAZING. hope it comes, honestly, the more people buy it, the better as I think that one will bomb as it's niche as heck.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Believe me, I'm trying. I've been donating $5 every month so we all can use my 02 emoji collection.
Try harder :smiling-eyes:
The add-on still isnt funded :/
Oh, there is an addon for custom emojis?

Is lashman waiting for Xenforo to update so that the emojis aren't cut in the list? Also there are so many emojis that we probably never use. For example: Food, Nature, Travel, Object and all that. Can they be removed or disabled? Or do we want them?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Xenforo to update so that the emojis aren't cut in the list?
dunno if they'll update it any time soon ... i don't think they expected anyone to use emoji bigger than the default ones

Also there are so many emojis that we probably never use. For example: Food, Nature, Travel, Object and all that. Can they be removed or disabled? Or do we want them?
those are all the default built-in ones ... i don't think they can be disabled

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Well No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again was exclusive to Switch at launch and now its coming to PC next month.

I hope Daemon X Machina, No More Heroes 3 and Deadly Premonition 2 follow suit. Don't hang me out to dry like this Marvelous

yeah, i know ... it just sucks having to wait a year or more ... sigh

i wish Jase would post here more ... or, like, at all :( same for Jawmuncher ... and dex3108 ... and eonden ... and Chairmanchuck
No More Heroes TSA only took 9 months so I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Reactions: lashman and Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again was exclusive to Switch at launch and now its coming to PC next month, less than a year later.

I hope Daemon X Machina, No More Heroes 3 and Deadly Premonition 2 follow suit. Don't hang me out to dry like this Marvelous
To be more specific, it had 272 days of exclusivity, so yeah, just wait patiently.

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I wouldn't worry about Marvelous games, since they started releasing Senran Kagura and the series did exceptionally well, so much that it was acknowledged by the japanese side, they have been releasing as much as they could of their output (extella, extella link, now travis and the switch exclusive SK games, all the previous SK games), maybe they don't have the resources for multiplat releases day one but imho those are coming at some point.

Last edited:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Ah haha well that settles it, need to get first one then.:D Already have over 100 hours in it.XD
Good luck! Just skip all side quest lol.

september 19th we'll find out if we can pre-order or not
My body is ready for SRW. The last time I played SRW was back then on GBA. God I'm old.
Well No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again was exclusive to Switch at launch and now its coming to PC next month.

No chance for Astral Chain? Or Xenoblade?

Reactions: 「Echo」
Status
Not open for further replies.