Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I liked Fairy Tail, but that end was hot garbage, didn't read tha 100 year quest tho

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Btw, I passed 1,000 hours on R6 Siege tonight. Combined with my PS4 play-time, maybe 4-500 hours... it isn't just my most played game this generation but surely my most played game of all time.

I'm kinda not sure how I feel about this? I enjoy myself, but realistically it's less.... fulfilling than playing games that have actual stories and stuff? But on the other hand, I think I play Siege so much just because it's something to do and there is a lot of idle time between rounds/matches/prep=phases, it allows for easy multi-tasking, and rounds are only 3 minutes long so you only really have to concentrate in small blocks.

When I play games that have stories, like a JRPG, I like to be completely and only focused on it. ... but sadly, that kinda free time is just in such short supply these days. :face-with-cold-sweat:
If you enjoy that and have fun then that’s fine, as I said previously I have played solely wow for 10 years and I really didn’t care for any other game, only reason I quit is because I could’t play it anymore back or I’d still be playing it

Reactions: 「Echo」

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So Spyro is completely fucked when it comes to sound. The sound only comes out of my Rift headphones. So I discovered there are OpenVR and Oculus files in the Spyro folder.

Why.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
So Spyro is completely fucked when it comes to sound. The sound only comes out of my Rift headphones. So I discovered there are OpenVR and Oculus files in the Spyro folder.

Why.
I had a few random sound issues as well just playing through my TV speakers. It was just randomly quiet for a few seconds here and there. Overall runs well though.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Why.
I can answer to that xD

Spyro is made in Unreal Engine 4, by default the engine creates a "depot" for VR support in case you want to make a VR game so you have the compatible assets ready, in order to not get this you must enter the engine and disable it manually, Spyro team didn't do this so it will open every VR store/system if available as it thinks it's a VR game. you can change the audio channel through windows, or unplugging the headset.

Hope this helps.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I wonder if the SNES controller will connect to PC via BT? I wonder if I can sign up for Nintendo online via Twitch Prime w/o having a Switch? I shouldn't be tempted by a 30 dollar retro controller, but the SNES d-pad is the one.

Reactions: Li Kao

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I wonder if the SNES controller will connect to PC via BT? I wonder if I can sign up for Nintendo online via Twitch Prime w/o having a Switch? I shouldn't be tempted by a 30 dollar retro controller, but the SNES d-pad is the one.
The 8Bitdo's SNES controller is very close to the original in terms of look and feel. It's also a great controller, unlike the cheap plastic snes knockoff controllers

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I can answer to that xD

Spyro is made in Unreal Engine 4, by default the engine creates a "depot" for VR support in case you want to make a VR game so you have the compatible assets ready, in order to not get this you must enter the engine and disable it manually, Spyro team didn't do this so it will open every VR store/system if available as it thinks it's a VR game. you can change the audio channel through windows, or unplugging the headset.

Hope this helps.
You're right. Checked the Steam forums, someone posted a solution to change the audo output device from the Rift headset to the registry key for my headphones and it worked.

Game is gorgeus and runs great, but I have some other games to finish before Spyro.

Deleted member 113

Haha yeah right... 100€ version of Blands 3 is top selling at humble bundle even when they have a sale on? IGN swimming in that epic money.
Yeah, it's hilarious. And it's not only that game, several others (frequently 4-5, in 14) are EGS games.
Either Humble is indeed selling a lot of EGS games (because of the small discount they provide), or they are full of shit. I'll go with the later. :grimacing-face:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I can answer to that xD

Hope this helps.
Obduction is the same and they've never fixed it. It's really annoying.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Man fuck Nintendo. I'm sorry but I'm sick of its fake ass image and its legion of ultra vocal fans who lap it up. It isn't your friend and they're more than happy to milk nostalgia blinded people for more money for forever and contribute to the destruction of the history of video games by creating a thirst for classic games they PURPOSELY make unplayable.

Sony pulls the same shit but at least they don't pretend to be your friend.

Fuck. Nintendo. Forever.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Man fuck Nintendo. I'm sorry but I'm sick of its fake ass image and its legion of ultra vocal fans who lap it up. It isn't your friend and they're more than happy to milk nostalgia blinded people for more money for forever and contribute to the destruction of the history of video games by creating a thirst for classic games they PURPOSELY make unplayable.

Sony pulls the same shit but at least they don't pretend to be your friend.

Fuck. Nintendo. Forever.
I'm sad that there's no Virtual Console either (plus I already own a SNES Classic), but this seems a little extreme to me :p
I can answer to that xD

Hope this helps.
That's a pretty bad oversight, especially if it's a known issue.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I'm sad that there's no Virtual Console either (plus I already own a SNES Classic), but this seems a little extreme to me :p

That's a pretty bad oversight, especially if it's a known issue.
Nintendo wants you to pay for Super Mario Bros everything for FOREVER. Which, you know, is their right as the IP but it isn't some AMAZEBALLS event that SNES drip feed games are coming to their joke of an online service. Their plastic "classic" toys are a waste of space, resources and money to the consumer. Overly aggressive against fan games, youtube channels, emulators for abandoned games, you name it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Hector atm.

PS: how do you mention someone?
Appropiate Image, except i'm cuter :hugging-face:

I really enjoyed it but dropped it after the first play through because I had so much stuff to play so i didnt see all the other "routes". I really should go back one day but I doubt I will :crying-face:
At least you finished one route.
Bare Minimum.
But i'll allow it.

Hey, I really want to play Nier Automata ! But there is Drakengard 1* and Nier before it :sweaty-blob:
I'm looking at my plate to see if I can insert one of the games right now, but with releases as they are, it's though.

*Drakengard 3 too, with Youtube for the final boss :blobxorcism:
Just do the reasonable thing and drop all other games and your real-life until you're done.

Reactions: 「Echo」

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Am I the only one here who has completed all Gears games so far (with the exception of 5, gonna play that soon), including Judgement?

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Am I the only one here who has completed all Gears games so far (with the exception of 5, gonna play that soon), including Judgement?
Completed all of them except 4 (yes, even Judgement). Epic makes me a little bit weary of original trilogy tho.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I only played parts of gears 1 and 3, co op. All I remember is the general gist of the gameplay and the one character who used to play for the nfl.....

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I only played parts of gears 1 and 3, co op. All I remember is the general gist of the gameplay and the one character who used to play for the nfl.....
Gears 2 is fantastic, I think it's my favorite.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Gears 2 is fantastic, I think it's my favorite.
I guess that was Gears 2. It was my Twin brothers copy, back when he lived with me and twin-op was easy to set up. :(

Had a chance at a boxed copy of gears 1 for the PC.... ended up not getting it.

Bonney

old and bad
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Gears 1-3. I was real excited for Gears Ultimate to hit pc, and it ended up being dead on arrival. I was 1 of the 12 people that bought it, and I guess the only one that liked Execution as a game type. That game really needed crossplay, but they decided to just send it out to die on the MS store. Picked up 4 awhile back for $5 and never got around to installing it. Have very little interest in 5.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I played Gears 2 and 1 (in that order). I remember liking the second game (Gears 2) quite a lot, the first not so much.

I also played Gears 4 for a bit before WinStore decided to launch an update that broke everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.