Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really like that I can make a shelf for games that I haven't installed, but wanna play, then tag my lbirary with "singleplayer" and "story rich" then drag the games to the shelf so I have them on my library's front page to remember them.

Great stuff. Very easy and very convenient.

Reactions: derFeef

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

I just noticed a little icon appears next to games your friends are playing.

Also NISA went out of their way to update every single one of their games for the new library, but XSEED did nothing. So Ys 8 is the only Falcom game with the new banner update. Ys 8 looks REALLY nice with the new banner though.

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
I really like that I can make a shelf for games that I haven't installed, but wanna play, then tag my lbirary with "singleplayer" and "story rich" then drag the games to the shelf so I have them on my library's front page to remember them.

Great stuff. Very easy and very convenient.
Wait how can you make custom shelves from scratch? I can only choose from already existing ones.

Reactions: MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Wait how can you make custom shelves from scratch? I can only choose from already existing ones.
Left to "home" button in library is another button for collection, then there's a "create new collection" there.

When you have made a new collection, you can make a new shelf in the library front page, press the arrow button in the shelf and pick the collection you have made.

Reactions: derFeef

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Left to "home" button in library is another button for collection, then there's a "create new collection" there.

When you have made a new collection, you can make a new shelf in the library front page, press the arrow button in the shelf and pick the collection you have made.
Thank you! (It's right to the home button for me?)

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Warframe currently getting review-bombed by users in China due to Simplified Chinese translator breaking NDA

Here is a good reddit post that summarizes what happened

The translator also made a post on reddit regarding the matter

Reactions: DeejayDoom

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Is it not possible to get the usual range of options when you right click at a game anymore? Like, before the beta, I could right click on Thumper and decide which way I wanted to play it in VR (Oculus SDK, SteamVR, Legacy etc.). Not anymore?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
After seeing the big game capsules in action, I have to say I like them. Some look really cool.
It's just a shame that many are not updated (yet?) and the default fallback looks horrible.

But man, some really look cool.

Also the new banner on the game pages.

(Play Pharao Rebirth+)

Really weird that Luna Nights isn't updated yet. They have some awesome arts for the capsule.
There's generally some weirdness regarding which games were updated and which weren't... like Danganronpa 2 was, but 1 not.
I hope this all gets fixed in the next few days/weeks, though devs already had months to set up their shit.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Made these for you damn weebs. They're not perfect but they should hold you over until Xseed gets their shit together.

I personally prefer this one for CS2. Thanks for the images though, My CS1 one didnt fit really well but this one is perfect!

Reactions: Samson

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Danganronpa 2's banner is really nice so this bothers me immensely. You'd think V3 would have it at least. None of the V3 ones fit well so I cropped this one together using the dimensions valve gave out and it turned out alright. (300px by 450px) if anyone wants to use it.

Last edited:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
cough

Did you receive by any chance some higher res cover artwork from Xseed? Google pictures only gives me cropped art with all the ugly logos.
This is exactly why I'm pretty down on doing away with grid icons. I like grid view. I spent a stupid amount of time making my library look cool. I made almost 100 icons myself. And now it's going to look like this.

I mean can't I just choose to use the old way? I like the other improvements they're doing, just not the view.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
This is exactly why I'm pretty down on doing away with grid icons. I like grid view. I spent a stupid amount of time making my library look cool. I made almost 100 icons myself. And now it's going to look like this.

I mean can't I just choose to use the old way? I like the other improvements they're doing, just not the view.
The major issue (same with grind images back when) is finding images that fit for niche games. Finding the art for a high profile JRPG is trivial. Finding art for one of my weird puzzle games with <100 reviews, not so easy.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm usually not big on "social" features usually, but I do somewhat enjoy the game-specific activity feed:
you don't have to quote images to make them smaller :p you can just click and resize ;)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
you don't have to quote images to make them smaller :p you can just click and resize ;)
Neat. By the way, the fancy post editor regularly messes up for me when bolding text (specifically, using ctrl+b on a word somewhere in the post will randomly bold the last paragraph). Any idea what's up with that?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Neat. By the way, the fancy post editor regularly messes up for me when bolding text (specifically, using ctrl+b on a word somewhere in the post will randomly bold the last paragraph). Any idea what's up with that?
yeah ... seems to be broken in 2.1.3 ... or maybe it's one of the addons messing it up

guess we'll find out when 2.1.4 is out :p

but you can use markdown in the meantime - if that helps

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Steam doesn't seem to wanna save all the shelfs when I restart Steam for my front page. I have to keep adding 2/3 shelfs every time I exit and start up Steam.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Ditto, and not just on this forum.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yup. Also seeing this - would be neat to be able to create dynamic collections for games by specific developer or publisher.
Yes! The store already has the data. Also per release year/range.

I do love the dynamic collection feature.
All the other stuff is neat, but that and library filtering are the real improvements in experience/functionality.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Excited to see the new UI and possibilities tomorrow ! :blobeyes:
You guys don’t seem too confused, that’s reassuring. Shelves not saving correctly is worrying though.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
New client is a really needed update, absolutely great. I like that the update is really about functionality , and it didn't really touch the design of the client much.
Of course, it would be my long term dream if Valve manged to kinda unify Big Picture and the normal overlay (have it change the UI automatically if you use a gamepad), and provide more extensive theme-ing support (something that doesn't break every single time a tiny thing changes about the menues, or whatever)
Woah I didn't lose my categories!
It actually lost the categories for a handful of games for me, which was rather weird. I assume it's because I already used the leaked version of the new client, back from June, and it had some config files lying around?

I know, Kotaku, but this time it's about the horrible discoverability on the eShop and how devs are trying to game the system.
I expect everyone to moan about how terrible Nintendo is about not improving their store, and how they force poor devs to underprice their games. Any moment

I just noticed a little icon appears next to games your friends are playing.

Also NISA went out of their way to update every single one of their games for the new library, but XSEED did nothing. So Ys 8 is the only Falcom game with the new banner update. Ys 8 looks REALLY nice with the new banner though.

Noticed that too. Maybe XSEED has given up on Falcom games now that they lost both Trails and Ys?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Noticed that too. Maybe XSEED has given up on Falcom games now that they lost both Trails and Ys?
Nah, basically all XSEED games that aren't completely new don't have new library assets yet, even the non-Falcom stuff. I assume they just didn't get to it yet.

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Aw man, still can't make a "VR only" list and filter those out of the "regular games" list - dynamic collection only has VR supported.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
If you're lazy like me and don't want to spend too long on making Steam cover images for the new UI, posters are also a good source.

EDIT: Also, I did not expect most EA games to have actual new cover images!

Reactions: derFeef and lashman

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
How do I link my Steam account/games with my R* Social Club account?

The settings page has every type of account under the sun (even GFWL...) but no Steam??

Last edited:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Can I not have a list view of all my games on my account? Shelf view seems to be the only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.