Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofuckinidea

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Is it just me or does all the text look blurry? Also not a big fan of all the community content on the game pages. Hopefully we can organize the game pages ourselves in the future. But all in all it looks nice. Much better if all developers update their cover arts.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Is it just me or does all the text look blurry? Also not a big fan of all the community content on the game pages. Hopefully we can organize the game pages ourselves in the future. But all in all it looks nice. Much better if all developers update their cover arts.
The community stuff can be toggled off by going into the Steam Settings > Library > Low Bandwidth Mode
I suspect more options will come in the future.

So far I like the new library, but there is a bunch of stuff I'd like. Using the old grid would be useful until all cover art gets updated, Being able to make dynamic groups for publishers would be cool, too. And being able to select multiple games in the right pane to drag and drop them would make things quicker (so far multi-select works only in the list on the left).

So, where can I find all the new cover images for the new Steam library.
You mean custom ones? A collection that was made for GOG has been linked earlier, but I'm guessing since this is fresh, not many other covers will have been made by the community.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
lol

So I added a collection with VR games, but put it as "dynamic" and tons of games that I never knew had VR support popped up in that collection.

I do however really hope Valve fixes/adds the option that when you filter your library by let's say VR, when you then click on "uncategorized" or "all games", only the VR games will show up on the right. I had to make a collection only for VR to see all VR supported games on the right.

Reactions: Ascheroth

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I guess creating your own custom ones is easy enough.

I simply googled "x game cover art" and now I'm done applying them to my installed games at least.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Holy shit! Categorizing them by size on disk actually says how big the game is. This is a big deal for me. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah this would be pretty useful for me too. I use another software all the time just for this!

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
It seems that the update broke BPM. All the grid images are missing, while the custom ones I've made are fine. The grid images for games I've added with Steam ROM Manager also broken. Looks like it will take a little bit of effort to bring this back to the way I want it. :02eyes:

Reactions: 「Echo」

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So you can now like and comment on peoples achievement earnings in the new steam library. Valve is giving me some dangerous tools right here. You can also do the same for people when they add a game to their wishlist.

also sorry FunktionJCB for using your helldivers achievement as a testbed lol

Is there any good deal for Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered?
Lowest ive seen is 20% off for humble monthly. GMG has it at 11% off for VIPs though.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I hope Steam will stop randomly expanding collections now.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
What's the hype behind AI: The Somnium Files?

Was it released in Japan earlier with positive praise?

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Thinking about it, I bought most of Spike Chunsoft stuff on day one, at about $60-$70 AUD plus they always have OST samplers as bonus. Although their ports are rather barebones and had some curious decisions here and there.

Reactions: Arsene

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
What? VLR is widely considered the best in the series.
Always heard 999 was amazing and ZTD was trash. Seemed like people are mixed on VLR to me. That's what I've gathered over the years.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Always heard 999 was amazing and ZTD was trash. Seemed like people are mixed on VLR to me. That's what I've gathered over the years.
People were just disappointed with the ending.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Made these for you damn weebs. They're not perfect but they should hold you over until Xseed gets their shit together.

Thank you for reminding me that Cold Steel 3 is not available on PC :cryingwhyblob:

Square-Enix is exactly as schizophrenic as you would expect:

What I didn't expect though is for them to actually upload assets for Nier:
I hate FF XIII. XIII and XIII-2 are next to each other while Lightning Return is in the middle of nowhere.

____

Can you put a game in two different collections?

Reactions: prudis and MJunioR

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
The series had some problems, but it's better than nothing, Actually above average mystery VN are extremely rare to come by.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Is there any good deal for Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered?
This is not quite what you were looking for, but if you can get a PS3 disk, it works flawlessly in RPCS3. You can rip it with many bluray drives. So you can buy the disk if you'd prefer, and run it that way. It's the cheap way (used). That's what I did before it was announced for PC.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
The only reason people might be mixed on VLR now is how horrible ZTD was. ZTD retroactively cast a shadow on the entire series. Because otherwise VLR was very well loved when it released.

Reactions: Kandrick and Arsene

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
They really need to change asap that the activity on each game shows the description for even secret achievements, spoilering things. Change it like on the activity feed, seeing the description on mouseover.

Reactions: Arsene and MJunioR

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Now we need the ability to pin games into start menu with custom icons directly from Steam. Like this.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
^Isn't that going to slow down the start menu considerably? I always trim the useless shit in the start menu so it's pretty much Windows 7-styled.

Reactions: MJunioR

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Ok this is really cool and all, especially the dedicated game pages. But the amount of games without proper covers is... :weary-face:

And you just know TONS of older games won't be updated. So I kinda hope they add an option to let us go back to the old rectangular view? It would also save a ton of space...

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Ok this is really cool and all, especially the dedicated game pages. But the amount of games without proper covers is... :weary-face:

And you just know TONS of older games won't be updated. So I kinda hope they add an option to let us go back to the old rectangular view? It would also save a ton of space...
Well you can add in your own banners if you want. Heres one for 428 since its in your screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.