Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Changed Steam servers to US Washington and the library update is there. Changed it back to Norway and it's still there.

Nice.

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Hmm I'd actually like a different filter setting for the left bar (games installed) and the right game list (games owned).

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
How did you guys get the update to download?
I've switched between beta and regular a few times as well as restarted the client but it doesn't work :(

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
And pretty much 4 games out of 5 haven't uploaded the new vertical art and it looks ugly as sin
Yeah, the art that's been updated looks good, but not having everything updated looks like a mess right now.

At least you can still add custom artwork to games.

EDIT: The "Your Collections" button and the layout the pops up when you press it seem really slow and glitchy to me.

Reactions: MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Big fan of the categorizing/tag, shelf and library front page stuff.

Right now I have "endless" shelf (AoW3, Isaac, Dead Cells, Warframe etc.) and currently installed games.

Thinking about doing a "one and done games" to know which games I should play that only need 1 playthrough.

Missing list view though.

Reactions: Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

HOLY SHITITTTT

DRAG'N'DROP FOR CATEGORIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
good ... now give me drag & drop for sorting too ...

Is it just necessary to have a R* account or is it like uplay where the launcher must be used in tandem with steam?
the latter

So am I missing something, or is there really no compact/list view option now?
it's not there, no

Not even valve bothered to update them all
shameful

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

I know, Kotaku, but this time it's about the horrible discoverability on the eShop and how devs are trying to game the system.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Same as Uplay.
the latter
Urgh...
Well sadly, much like UPlay via Steam, what is the point of getting it on Steam?
If the service ever goes down one day that game is gone forever regardless of it being a Steam copy or not :cry:

So this R* launcher being talked about today is just an update to their launcher then, nothing actually new product or strategy wise?

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I'm probably one of the only people in the universe to use it, but this old view:
There are at least two of us :p But I also the removed the image column. I'm going to really miss the List view....

A think the activity part is a little too big on the game pages, but the new shelf system will probably be very useful, as well as the new ways to manage categories collections.

It is going to take a while to get used to it though.

A little thing that annoyed me is that if I for some reason manually disabled the cloud sync for a game I could tell by the icon on the List view. Didn't see a way to for that in the new UI yet.

Reactions: Samson

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Oh hell yes. I can make a shelf/category on the front page for games that I haven't installed, but I need to remember Im gonna play some day.

This is fucking great.

Between the new Steam library and GOG Galaxy 2, Valve and CDPR are doing great things for me.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
... and of course lots of tiny indie developers made beautiful custom art for the new asset sizes for their old games, while K-T couldn't be arsed to update any of the Atelier games.

It's not like they already have metric tons of staggeringly beautiful artwork for those to choose from or anything.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I mean the whole Rockstar thing they've sold GTA 5 as a steam game on steam only and Social Club key everywhere else online.
It took them like 2~ years to lower the price on steam to below 30 dollars (I bought GTA 5 on Xbox 360 at launch, and then on PS4)

They kept getting people to purchase it through Humble/Other Resellers/etc but mainlyRockstars main website because they would drastically reduce the price there first but keep it super high with the discount (if any) being 15% or 20% for EVER. Even then whenever it did go on sale it was selling like crazy since steam was the only place to buy a "Steam" version.

It's just making an easier launcher instead of the giant mess of a thing that was their social club

Status
Not open for further replies.