Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I could be wrong but I think this game's demo would be removed after a few days, as it is just a proof of concept kind of thing the person made

I COULD be wrong and it's a baseless assumption from my ass, but if you're interested in it, give it a play,

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Every Stealth game should have Shadwen's ability to freely rewind time.
No restarting or save-scumming whenever something goes wrong. You got caught? Just rewind time and try again. You killed someone but you actually want to play pacifist? Just rewind time.
It's so good. Also grappling hooks are always great.
Time automatically freezing whenever you don't move does feel a bit weird though sometimes.

Ended up buying the Monthly. Will play some Sonic Mania and hope for some nice surprises in the mystery unlocks next week :)

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Trying to pick up Pillars of Eternity 2 from where I left it at, and I feel so lost that I remember why I dropped it:

The combat is chaotic and I can't understand ANYTHING that is happening. All my spells hit like a wet fart. I can't ever understand what is happening in the battlefield. I just close my eyes and hope that Auto-Battle takes care of it.

I never had this much trouble with a CRPG
Would you consider restarting in turn-based mode? I played through the whole game in that mode and it was really well done. Although I still prefer D:OS2 in that regard.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I'm trying! I buy games all the time!

Dont tell me you have to...like.....play them or something to get drops?
Well if the next Steam Seal are like the past summer ones, you can always buy your way to the top. :p

and still get no booster pack whatsoever

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Felt like playing some Minecraft. Logged into their website to download the latest client. Was prompted to migrate my account to their new system. Did so, but somehow messed up my birthdate so now Mojang believes I was born in 2019 and I cannot change it, since I need my parents permission to do so.

Sent in a support ticket, and after that saw they are 2 months behind on their support cases!

This is ridiculous...

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I'll ask this here too, do we know (for example from steamdb etc) if on the 1st October there'll be a bundle for destiny 2 forsaken + shadowkeep?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'll ask this here too, do we know (for example from steamdb etc) if on the 1st October there'll be a bundle for destiny 2 forsaken + shadowkeep?
we don't, no :(

but i assume there will be ... or at least i hope there will be, i guess

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Done with Code Vein.
Now that i've played three souls likes in a row (Blasphemous, Remnant from the Ashes) it is time to tackle a different genre again.
Like something with flowers and love and relaxing things in it
o_O did you binged it or is it rather short?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Off topic post
The current Humble Software bundle features Paint Shop Pro. Anyone here uses it? Is it any good. I used to use it almost 20 years ago (Damn, I'm old) and thought it was a good alternative to Photoshop.
Sometimes at work I really need a graphic tool do some simple graphic work, but I lack a proper tool for that.

Reactions: Wok
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Off topic post
The current Humble Software bundle features Paint Shop Pro. Anyone here uses it? Is it any good. I used to use it almost 20 years ago (Damn, I'm old) and thought it was a good alternative to Photoshop.
Sometimes at work I really need a graphic tool do some simple graphic work, but I lack a proper tool for that.
get this one instead:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

I had to stop about halfway through to write this post because damn it really does sound bad even for Ubisoft standards. He got my attention immediately by saying he doesn't normally do beta vids as the release is often so close he'd rather do a full game review but he's made exceptions two other times before....Anthem and FO76.

- The game's story is apparently about being trapped alone on that island, yet the game has a social hub like a destiny/division. Why? I had no idea until Wibblewozzer mentioned that it's probably for mtx reasons, like showing off your cosmetics to other people. Oh Ubi you sly bastards.

- The writing is hilariously awful. Again yes I know it's an Ubi game but watch the vid it's on a new level for them.

- Just like with far cry new dawn they shoehorned pointless RPG systems into this game like gear score and stats on weapons. Because as I've said in the past Ubi is hell bent on making 1 type of game to release on their assembly line 2-3 times a year. Ironically you can apparently kill guys without helmets in 1 headshot no matter what, so your stats are meaningless.

- At random times a plane will fly overhead and you have to go prone to avoid being spotted or else it'll spawn absurdly spongey drones that you have to take down. In the vid he had to wait upwards of 30 seconds for the plane to pass by.

I'm not even done with the vid yet and this is already too much. I wasn't interested in the game that much to begin with but even for Ubi standards this is looking like a train wreck approaching.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Sounds like a hoot and a half. Though I've never really been interested the Ghost Recon games and didn't expect much of this one. I'm starting to get really tired of these light RPG mechanics, if you can even call it that. The way it's implemented in games like these is so... frivolous.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Affinity Photo is nice and you can get 50% off codes quite regularly.

Regarding Breakpoint, Ubi's games have become less distinguishable with every passing year anyway but this one seems to be the pinnacle of 'throw everything we have in and half-arse it like there's no tomorrow'. No idea what that game wants to be, what is its identity or hook?

Done with Code Vein.
Now that i've played three souls likes in a row (Blasphemous, Remnant from the Ashes) it is time to tackle a different genre again.
So like, hm, The Surge 2?

Reactions: Deku and lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Sounds like a hoot and a half. Though I've never really been interested the Ghost Recon games and didn't expect much of this one. I'm starting to get really tired of these light RPG mechanics, if you can even call it that. The way it's implemented in games like these is so... frivolous.
They havent nailed Ghost Recon since the expansions for the first game. I like GRAW and GRAW2 but i wouldnt call them Ghost Recon (they're closer than anything else theyve tossed out under the moniker). This one just sounds like they had a survival game and wanted to toss a title on it that people recognized to boost sales.

Reactions: lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
it is time to tackle a different genre again.
It's Spooktober soon, so despair, blood and suffering is on the menu. :02peek:

well duuuuuh ... why else would they drag Clancy's corpse out into the sunlight at least once a year? :p
Sadly said corpse didn't include Splinter Cell in any capacity. :02angryeat:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The way that the memories in Code Vein are presented is pretty cool

Also assuming I don't get lazy, later today I will be updating my resume (something that I have kept telling myself) because come Tuesday I will be applying to a new place that I was told about. I am still working at the part time retail job that I have had for over a year now. From what I am told the pay will be a lot better as will the hours. I am not 100% sure if I am qualified for the job but I can still apply and see what they say.

I doubt this would happen but it would be nice if I could get an idea of what the job is like and see if I am a good fit for it and then leave my current job.

Most likely I will ask them (assuming that I get an interview) what are some of the reason that some employees are let go during their "trial run" because it would suck if I left my current job and was then fired within less than 1 month of being at the new place. Also I want to put in my two weeks at my current job only after I know that I will get the "trial run" at the place that I plan to apply to.

In the last 3 years I have worked in a total of 5 different places, all of which were in various fields (including working in the fields with my doing irrigation work). I have worked in an office setting as an intern mainly doing janitor stuff but also setting up printers and other stuff, I also did some sports stuff where I was the score keeper for an indoor hockey league, I also use to work in the fast food by being a delivery driver, the field irrigation stuff, and also working in the stock room of a retail store.

Who known maybe one day I will turn into one of those people that says ya back in my 20s I also use to jump from job to job before finally ending up here and I have no been doing this for over 10 years and I actually kind of like my job sort of thing.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The way that the memories in Code Vein are presented is pretty cool

Also assuming I don't get lazy, later today I will be updating my resume (something that I have kept telling myself) because come Tuesday I will be applying to a new place that I was told about. I am still working at the part time retail job that I have had for over a year now. From what I am told the pay will be a lot better as will the hours. I am not 100% sure if I am qualified for the job but I can still apply and see what they say.

I doubt this would happen but it would be nice if I could get an idea of what the job is like and see if I am a good fit for it and then leave my current job.

Most likely I will ask them (assuming that I get an interview) what are some of the reason that some employees are let go during their "trial run" because it would suck if I left my current job and was then fired within less than 1 month of being at the new place. Also I want to put in my two weeks at my current job only after I know that I will get the "trial run" at the place that I plan to apply to.

In the last 3 years I have worked in a total of 5 different places, all of which were in various fields (including working in the fields with my doing irrigation work). I have worked in an office setting as an intern mainly doing janitor stuff but also setting up printers and other stuff, I also did some sports stuff where I was the score keeper for an indoor hockey league, I also use to work in the fast food by being a delivery driver, the field irrigation stuff, and also working in the stock room of a retail store.

Who known maybe one day I will turn into one of those people that says ya back in my 20s I also use to jump from job to job before finally ending up here and I have no been doing this for over 10 years and I actually kind of like my job sort of thing.
Best of luck!

Reactions: PC-tan and MJunioR

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Disappeared from this thread for a bit cuz work + I was sick for the last week. Mostly I would come home, eat, shower, maybe post in a less busy thread and then go to sleep lol.

Seems I missed quite a lot! October seems quite stacked game wise, so many interesting releases but honestly I'm just hoping to finally have enough for my Switch and FE: Three Houses lol. Decided against the Lite after all, too many hardware oddities/potential issues.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I don't think channers are credible source even if the screenshot wasn't doctored. More often than not they're just a surface level examination of the games they have problems with.

Also everyone is horny in 2019, it's something we should try to live with. :02spy:

Reactions: MJunioR

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
I'm gonna be pissed if my CPU isn't powerful enough to handle Cyberpunk when Spring hits

Can't stop thinking about it now

/rant

Reactions: NarohDethan
Status
Not open for further replies.