Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
October 2019 - Our destiny is to move from discos to outer worlds

October 2019 - Summer is over, time to ditch the dudebros
October 2019 - After the dudebros of summer have gone 🎧
:dudebrogow5:

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Wait, I just realized, why is it called October? Shouldn't "Octo" have something to do with eight?
Mostly to just have a "masterlist" of my achivements in games, for example games I played on console and then bought on steam, or games that have new versions, for example Divinity Original Sin that got an enhanced edition.

Reactions: Stevey

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
MetaSteam | October 2019 - My spooky Destiny smells of Pine trees

MetaSteam | October 2019 - The spooky secret hideout for cyber sleuths

MetaSteam | October 2019 - Spooked in the GRID

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Downloading Resident Evil 7 if we are going to have the challenge, but not sure it will be fully downloaded in October haha, haven't had good speeds with the wifi and RE7 is huge! If it doesn't run well on my macbook, won't I look like a fool for all that downloading.XD

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Destiny 2 is quite the download huh. 83 just for base game :pensive-face:
I'm interested in seeing the size once it's unpacked because around E3 time they were warning people that the full size would be somewhere around 165gb with shadowkeep. So people with smaller SSDs make sure you have more than that just in case.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Wait, I just realized, why is it called October? Shouldn't "Octo" have something to do with eight?
September, October, November, December were the 7/8/9/10th months of the old Roman calendar.
And Julius and Augustus both had to have the most days, so we end up with 2 31-day months in a row and it screws up that rhythm too.
More importantly, blame them for the dumbassery of February having 28 days since they chopped off February's days and added them to their own months (Since February used to be the last month of the year).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Reactions: xinek and MJunioR

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Hmm... It appears that it is some kind of drama that's going on
They changed the game a lot and there are a bunch of things people hate. Apparently theres no private multiplayer servers anymore but there was in the Alpha. It completely turned me off the game.

Reactions: MJunioR

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
What I hear about region locking makes it sound very repetitive too. Ie, your special items etc only work in the given region and you need to reacquire everything all over again when moving to another game region. By region I assume they mean stuff like Minecraft's biomes. Not enough variety/progression basically, finish one region and it's like you've seen the whole game in terms of gameplay style, items, quests, etc.

Reactions: derExperte
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
seriously, though ... watch it, people! it's not even about CoD (not really)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
October 2019 - The destiny of the Digiworld is in the hand of a dirty detective that came from the Out of this world.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
seriously, though ... watch it, people! it's not even about CoD (not really)

A very interesting take, thanks for sharing ;)

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
thanks for watching

i hope more people will give it a watch instead ignoring it purely based on the title :p
People should start taking action against the likes of Activision, Ubi, EA and so on. This model of games where everything has stats, can be acquired via loot boxes and it's the same game over and over needs to end. New Ghost Recon impressions are abysmal due to the decisions made by the suits at Ubi, I am sure the development team has not agreed to such things. The thing is, like the video explains, to leave the developers out in the wild and take all the negativity and toxicity of decisions made by the higher-ups.

Disgusting! :sick:

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion

Hmm... It appears that it is some kind of drama that's going on
People have a lot of complaints it seems like. The biggest one I saw was gear being region locked, so it's useless outside of certain areas.

Plus there was some juicy drama happening. Fights on the forums, moderators trying to silence criticism, yada yada.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I downloaded the M.A.S.S Builder demo and ye gods that is some crazy customization o_O

The top row shows all the individual parts you can change (it can also be asymetrical, so your left leg does not need to be like your right leg for example).

Then you can paint them, with each part having sub-elements that can have different colors.

If flat colors are boring, how about adding a pattern.

Metallic? Gloss? Glow? Whatever you need.

How about some decals?

Not enough? Why not play around with the freaking joint length while you're at it.

:sweaty-blob:

Judging by their roadmap the game will be in Early Access for at least a year, but damn I can't wait to see how it will end up come full release.

Status
Not open for further replies.