Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
New thread :coffee-blob:

Only interested in Genshin Impact for this month. :blob_hype:
I really hope I'll like it as much as I think I'll like it and don't overhype it on my own, lol.
New Humble Choice is this week and I still have close to 3 months of game pass, but I'm just playing Final Fantasy 14 :02dead:

Reactions: lashman and ISee

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey, new thread !
...was what I should have said on page 1, but noooo... :blobweary:

Will look at September releases when I’m fully woke up.

Finished Persona 4 but got a "bad" ending that was just a huge "meh". Loved the game but feel cheated out of a satisfying ending/ Fucking blueballs of a game, fuck that game jesus.
Never play a weeb game without googling about the number of endings ! :anguished-face:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I swear this looks like Nvidia PhysX, which is now Open Source afaik.

Tin foil head on, and sorry for sounding paranoid:
I just hope Intel didn't optimize it to run on a single thread, so that Ryzen CPUs look worse than they are.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hey, new thread !

Never play a weeb game without googling about the number of endings ! :anguished-face:
Or have infinite amount of save files to go back on. Really soured me on the game. It feels like everything was a waste of time.

Reactions: Li Kao

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Eco Update 9 also arrives on 9/9

The short list of what’s new:
  1. Performance – Much improved GPU and CPU performance.
  2. Government – Create constitutions, elections, laws, districts in-world.
  3. Work parties – Collaborate on projects and share rewards.
  4. Mining upgrade –Prospecting drills and new processing path for ore.
  5. New animals – Predators with new behaviors.
  6. Crafting upgrade – Labor and flexible ingredients added.
  7. Ecopedia – In-game wiki.
  8. Cloud Worlds hosting service – SLG run hosting service.
  9. New biomes – Wetlands.
  10. New building system – Hammer and material types and shapes upgrade. Bulk actions.
  11. UI upgrade – Full pass on all UI.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and kafiend

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Hey, new thread !

or just watch then from youtube to save time and start next game 😀

Reactions: Li Kao

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Only interested in Genshin Impact for this month. :blob_hype:
I really hope I'll like it as much as I think I'll like it and don't overhype it on my own, lol.
Indeed. This is Genshin Impact's month, no other game matters. :coffee-blob:

Too bad that it's at the end of the month though.

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Aren't they using the engine for Mafia 3? That ran pretty good on my 1060. Which is the recommend (and a 780 lol on same line in rec).
Never tried to run that because I watched some videos at the time of release and it didn't perform too well. Might run better now after all the patches.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Indeed. This is Genshin Impact's month, no other game matters. :coffee-blob:

Too bad that it's at the end of the month though.
You know it's big when even lashman uses an OT title that references a game with an anime style. A huge AAA open world JRPG that is free is the definition of "an offer you definitely can't refuse", right?

:toucan:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
or just watch then from youtube to save time and start next game 😀
Or that, yeah ! :coffee-blob:
But depending on the length of the missing game, could be not ideal. I mean, for an alternate cinematic, yeah sure.

looking at Disgaea 1 with an angry brow
never forget

BTW, I woke up with a moderate headache. And all I can hear in my head is inexplicably the fucking 'It's Wednesday, my dudes !' final mix something.
It hurts.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Rogue Agent

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Great thread as always, lashman :cat-heart-blob:

I might get Mafia this month, depending on how far I'll get into Horizon, but not sure yet. I still have a lot of games to play and I don't know if I'm really feeling Mafia right now. We'll see :coffee-blob:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So there's a PC fan sequel to the Gungriffon Saturn games, that looks pretty rad and faithful (maybe too faithful, I could do without the Saturn draw distance, ha).

I'm definitely giving it a shot at some point, some random guy in the Project Wingman discord spoke about it after I started babbling about old school faux sims.
I tried this for a little bit and it's great. The gameplay being mouse and keyboard based given the platform is more like standard modern FPS controls but with the mech arsenal and movement capabilities so it feels a bit more conventional than the Saturn games (I’ll have to see if any controls can be mapped to a flight stick or something but I doubt it, plus it’s so hard you might need all the speed and precision the mouse affords). Other than that it seems super faithful and well made with the way the missions work, your various hud elements, weapons systems and everything else. So, the surrounding Gungriffon elements are all there but the core gameplay is more modern and advanced so it’s not exactly like playing the Saturn games, they should be judged/enjoyed separately. It also doesn’t appear to have training levels or anything super easy to get started with so it’s just fast and chaotic from the get go and might seem frustrating before getting the basics (ie don’t try to use your normal cannon to shoot down planes zipping by, either some spread machinegun fire or homing missiles are your best bet). Also every element has been expanded in some way so it really does feel like a sequel. There’s no way the Saturn could do all this even if the graphics are still low fi in all the right ways but it would be amazing on the Dreamcast (and look better, closer to Rise from the Ashes but not quite given the scale/action).

Update: you CAN actually map a dinput flight stick (or any such gamepad I guess, I don't know about xinput, it seems to only work with the first device it grabs, you may need to unplug others to map the one you want, but my flight stick was first anyway) and also select between different schemes, modern or traditional. I’ve almost got it very similar to my MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries control scheme but I’m having some trouble, the moment I use “turret turn” my “turn” axis also becomes turret turn and both axis have the same exact result until the turret reaches its max 45 degree angle at which point both axis just turn the mech in that direction (or turret turn in the other), even though before doing any turret turning simply turning works as it should with the turret centered. I don’t get it, maybe it’s bugged and I’ll simply have to play with the mouse and keyboard (which is fine) or I don’t quite understand the configuration and menus yet. There is a training tutorial (but I can’t progress before figuring out what it asks, it resets if you do something else) after all and the survival mode from Gungriffon II.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
This, just fucking get your things together to bring ALL THE GAMES day and date to PC, FFS :persevering-face:
They should literally release all their backlog bi-monthly, with Remastered Collection sold as separate titles (and an option to buy the whole collection right away). That way they won't scare people away with pricing (everything would be $20/$30), but at the same time won't take 10 years to catch up (especially when you factor in Atlus releases as well).

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks lashman for the thread! Continue playing Cold Steel 2 and hopefully finishing it and the remaining two backlog blitz games within this month. Just realized I haven't touched any humble choice games since my completion of Supraland so I should be playing some of them soon as well.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
They should literally release all their backlog bi-monthly, with Remastered Collection sold as separate titles (and an option to buy the whole collection right away). That way they won't scare people away with pricing (everything would be $20/$30), but at the same time won't take 10 years to catch up (especially when you factor in Atlus releases as well).
Bi-monthly releases would be cool but to be honest, they could do even do monthly releases with different products (let's say Sept Yakuza 3, October Sakura Wars, November Yakuza 4, December 13 Sentinels, January Yakuza 5.... and goes on) and they would cover all months with regular releases, people won't buy everything (in general) so it would be a steady revenue stream, but let's face it, that sounds way better than what we would get in reality, bi-monthly releases is already a dream :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Shahem

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Oh fuck, save file editing didnt work, since I just changed some stats and ingame time it doesnt match up with some thing, like eventhough I'm at the end the game doesnt think I have some team members in my team. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Fuck it, Ill just SAM the story achivements to get some sense of closure and call it a day.

And to those who said to not look at guides and just go for the ride blind in Persona 4, you suck! Said with love of course, but yeah for next Persona I'll have all the guides I can find open at all times.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh fuck, save file editing didnt work, since I just changed some stats and ingame time it doesnt match up with some thing, like eventhough I'm at the end the game doesnt think I have some team members in my team. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Fuck it, Ill just SAM the story achivements to get some sense of closure and call it a day.

And to those who said to not look at guides and just go for the ride blind in Persona 4, you suck! Said with love of course, but yeah for next Persona I'll have all the guides I can find open at all times.
I print out guides and always have them with me when playing games especially JRPG, just saying😉

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

That's pretty much why I veer clear of the brand of JPRGs that have secret true wholesome endings and make you feel like crap if you don't play by a guide as if you are a veteran of the game.

The Atelier games soured me a little on this. Hell, even TW3, the biggest JRPG of them all, with some really weird decisions.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
3D Realms is holding an event which will probably have some announcements.
Cliff 'PC gamers are all pirates' Bleszinski is also there
I'm interested in what 1C has to show, assuming it has something to do with Men of War or simply an RTS game.

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
That's pretty much why I veer clear of the brand of JPRGs that have secret true wholesome endings and make you feel like crap if you don't play by a guide as if you are a veteran of the game.

The Atelier games soured me a little on this. Hell, even TW3, the biggest JRPG of them all, with some really weird decisions.
Yeah. Usually I don't mind different endings but this was such a minor thing, it was ONE CHOICE in a dialog with several choices, if you chose wrong in one of them then you got the bad ending.

Reactions: Swenhir

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain

That's why the game has so many save slots, I usually have 3 or 4 save slots when I play jrpg's. It's a pity you can't go back, it's really worthy, believe me ;)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Looking forward to it. I wonder what is the "project", the port it has to be Bloodborne (sadly not God of War).
Well, it was meant to be a joky comment instead of saying "have no idea" :cat-heart-blob:

Who knows what will happen this month, hopefully good things.
gonna be egsclusive anyway :negative-blob:
No, they will first make it Stadia exclusive :evilblob:

• Sad
Reactions: Shahem and lashman
Dec 5, 2018

That's why you keep multiple saves. Althought the game warns you to make a separate save.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

The first thing I do when starting a JRPG is google "<game name> missables".
And I use those save slots to the max. I think I usually end up with 100+ saves per Trails game for example :toucan:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, I actually looked up on the non-spoilery guide to achieve the golden ending on Persona 4G. I wouldn't want to miss it after spending dozens of hours into the game, as I definitely wouldn't have the time and desire to replay it.

But I think modern JRPGs aren't that bad, it's just that P4G is an old game.

Status
Not open for further replies.