Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Further to my impressions of The Occupation from yesterday, the glitchiness is only continuing :(

I'm sitting here on the second level having almost finished 2 leads to investigate but can't progress them any further because the only printer in the whole level isn't working.
I'm spam clicking the print button and it just refuses to work.
FS
I dont suppose you can call the office IT? make it a really real office situation.

Just skimmed through the Ubi forward - and .... scott pilgrim is the one game that looks interesting to me. Something about Immortal Fenyx Rising just looks to be hiding the usual ubisoft design that I dislike of boring open world filled with useless fetch quests and guffins to collect.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Uplay show was remarkable uninteresting. Immortals looks okay (from gameplay on EasyAllies) and Im skeptical about Sands of Time, but hope it's good.

Also I have no hype for dog washing 3.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
If Ubisoft's whole strategy was to bury the POP franchise they have succeeded. This remaster feels out of place on modern platforms.

And since we're on the subject of animes, it got me thinking about the great soundtrack of some of them, including Brain Powerd which I recall watching as a kid.

Reactions: Echoes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
so they can tempt you with the same 2003 graphics again if you preorder 😆

Remember the low poly Solid Snake skin for MGSV. This is the same minus the the charm, the thing looks exactly the same lol

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
I wouldn't recommend Quantum Suicide to anyone faint-hearted. I mean, the Deletion (aka killing) Game premise should make it obvious that there will be deaths and all, but the (at times) up-beat atmosphere and romance makes you think it won't be that bad, only for some seriously fucked up thing to happen. And by that, I mean REALLY fucked up, like forcing a child that's about 5 years old to watch her father drink himself to death. The super depressive music that accompanies it definitely does its job on making you feel even more disturbed.

Now, if you can stomach that kind of stuff, I definitely recommend the game. It's actually pretty hard and you need to do multiple routes to connect some dots and stuff.

Reactions: Cacher

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It's funny how I was looking for something completely different and I ended up with a confirmation of Steam for OMD3 :evilblob:

About their game that went EGS? yeah, good luck with that cause' it's dead, jim

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
When things start clicking and you understand how CK3 works is very satisfiying.
Creating an hook with the son of a rival (your cousin!), invite him to court, make him your vassal and press his claim! ah! Now to fix the issue where if he dies the county is no more mine....

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
It's funny how I was looking for something completely different and I ended up with a confirmation of Steam for OMD3 :evilblob:

About their game that went EGS? yeah, good luck with that cause' it's dead, jim
I think that was already confirmed in the FAQ:

When does the Stadia exclusivity end? When can I expect this on other marketplaces, like Steam?

While we cannot speak to a timeline yet, we can confirm it will be coming to other marketplaces/platforms once the exclusivity is over. This will include Steam.
Unless this was recently added.

Reactions: Tomasety

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Is there a way to search the thread specifically for posts that contain a tweet or other kind of embed?

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Considering the fact they basically comitted sodoku with Orcs must die Unchained with that weird ass Moba shit and Microtransactions everywhere they had to find someone to give them money or their company was toast. I don't blame them for doing the stadia thing.

OMD2 is great, and is a blast in Co-OP.
Glad the 3rd is coming to steam at some point and it isn't a pile of garbage

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Fenyx looks interesting. It's basically a BotW knockoff with faster traversal and better combat, but lack of towns and NPCs. Not sure if I'm excited for the game or not.
Im sure Ubi can fill the game with useless side content you won't want to complete before release and mtx the rest in later

• Toucan

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Im sure Ubi can fill the game with useless side content you won't want to complete before release and mtx the rest in later
Credit where it's due though, at least they're trying something different this time. This is probably their most unique open world game since the past decade. From cartoony artstyle to puzzle-filled gameplay.

Reactions: Cacher and warp_

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
As Far As The Eye looks cool, but the screen looks super busy 100% of the time. Interesting take on a city builder, where you are essentially always on the move.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Lmao what a bunch of scumbags 606 Games is.

I wish people would boycott them, but who am I dictating who people want to support.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I've started to skip all the side quests in TMS #FE and the game feels 300% better, doing characters side stories though

Are we all on a FBI list now because of this image or something?

Also looks like some one tried to use my credit card, it is nice how you do get alerts about stuff like this. The person I guess was at a gass station? Since I doubt you can buy stuff from Chevron online. At first the card was declined and then they used $1 and then $99. I hope my Amazon Tony Hawk order is not affected by this.

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Also, do you think this could be in the next Choice (in 3 weeks)?

The first game was never bundled before, i feel like they will bundled it first?
Maybe not the next choice but in the future , considering the game is 5 year old

I wish people would boycott them, but who am I dictating who people want to support.
This make my decision to boycott them since the EGS sale easier :D

Reactions: xinek and Ge0force

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018

606 Games? :thinking-blob:

I think you mean 404 Games.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: Rogue Agent

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Is there any tldr of the Ubisoft deal for someone who haven't followed it?

Welcome back FunktionJCB, even though I haven't bought any games that you recommended in the past I still miss your recommendations :)
Ubisoft announced a remake of Prince of Persia Sands of Time that's looking pretty good:

Ubisoft is putting their VR games on Steam because I guess a 30% cut is good enough for VR:

Aiden Pearce's iconic hat is coming to the new Watchdogs game:

• Eyes

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Should have clarified what I wanted to know. I meant the deal with Ubisoft and the CEO's announcement
They've been accused by a vast number of employees of cultivating an environment where sexism and racism thrived and were sexual abuse was normal and tolerated. There have been accusation of straight up sexual assault (with drugging etc) towards some higher-ups (the name that came out was fired) and people very very close to Guillemot are known to be involved. Guillemot yesterday released that video with the "we're very sorry"(TM) usual stuff in it. Also released it before the event just to make sure it got buried by the announcements.

THEN

They launched a mobile game that presented a society on the brink of collapse and they portrayed a secret organization that wants to control the world as the agent behind the protests and they used the black fist symbol to do so (BLM being pushed by some evil secret organization is a pretty common theory in the conspiracy world).

EDIT: Oh right, about this last part, the Ubisoft subsidiary that made this game is led by Guillemot's son because apparently nepotism is the way to go in Ubisoft.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The first game was never bundled before, i feel like they will bundled it first?
Maybe not the next choice but in the future , considering the game is 5 year old
Maybe you are right and I should go straight to the sequel and feel safe about my purchase decision.

I keep telling myself the same about other games: Tabletop Simulator, Darkest Dungeons, Crypt of the NecroDancer, to name a few. These are games which I always suspect to pop in a bundle soon, and never do! So I am always on the verge of purchasing them when there is a good discount. Divinity Original Sin 1 is one of these games. I feel like the day I will finally purchase it will be more than 2 weeks (so no refund) but less than 2 months before it is bundled.

Status
Not open for further replies.