Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have 1 code for each of these from Humble if anyone wants: Catherine Classic, Yooka Impossible Lair, Evoland. First come first serve.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The obvious recent example would be 'A short hike' (haven't played it though). I suppose you already thought about that one.
Kind Words has a very feel good aura but not sure how soothing it is in reality.
On the cute front we have Later Alligator and the Frog Detective series.
Some people are really into The Sims.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The obvious recent example would be 'A short hike' (haven't played it though). I suppose you already thought about that one.
Kind Words has a very feel good aura but not sure how soothing it is in reality.
On the cute front we have Later Alligator and the Frog Detective series.
Some people are really into The Sims.

-updating as I think about more examples-
Yes, I actually tried it but it didn't really work for me. I didn't really get into the perspective and physics of locomotion because otherwise it'd be really nice.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I get you, hence why you will have to take every recommendation with a grain of salt. Soothing is personal.

You are not on my steam friend list by the way. What in the world is this fuckery ?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I get you, hence why you will have to take every recommendation with a grain of salt. Soothing is personal.

You are not on my steam friend list by the way. What in the world is this fuckery ?
I'm not on anyone's friends list :p

And thank you, I'll take a look at Ryza if they don't have too much of the time-limit thing that I found stress-inducing on Ayesha.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm not on anyone's friends list :p

And thank you, I'll take a look at Ryza if they don't have too much of the time-limit thing that I found stress-inducing on Ayesha.
Didn't play it (again, sigh) but the series is also famous for lessening the time constraint with each episodes.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
There are no time limits at all in Ryza (or any of the past 3 or so Atelier games IIRC).
Then that's a really good design decision in my selfish book. It really turned me off the series and that impression, as you can see, lingered for years.

Reactions: Tomasety

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Narrowed down the impulse purchases of the day to
The Council
The Surge 2
Disgaea 1
Divinity 2

Now, to try to transform that list to zero.
I assume that's Original sin 2 not their Ego Draconis series. That would be my first choice.
The council was a good adventure game with an interesting conspiracy theory angle, enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Surge 2 I am sure you know what you will be getting into
Never played any of the Disgaea series although see the 4th one is on gamepass now.

Reactions: Li Kao and Swenhir

Deleted member 113

I had never used a software like Idle Master to "farm" cards like people frequently do, but since I keep hearing of people funding some purchases selling these, I started doing so last week.
But, things have been going extremely slowly, and in about 10 days, I received about 500 or so cards, and I still have... 19786 cards left. :eek:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but despite using the fast option, things have been very uneven.
I had days where I reached 150-180 cards, and others, like yesterday, where I received only 20 or 30 cards.

Is there any safe way to speed this up, so I can get cards faster, without getting in trouble with Valve?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I assume that's Original sin 2 not their Ego Draconis series. That would be my first choice.
The council was a good adventure game with an interesting conspiracy theory angle, enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Surge 2 I am sure you know what you will be getting into
Never played any of the Disgaea series although see the 4th one is on gamepass now.
Yes! I know that's going to be a weird, impulsive take but I believe I had more fun with Ego Draconis, especially Flames of Vengeance than with D:OS2.

Now that it's aged, especially on the gameplay side, I wouldn't recommend it unless you had a high tolerance for jank.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I had never used a software like Idle Master to "farm" cards like people frequently do, but since I keep hearing of people funding some purchases selling these, I started doing so last week.
But, things have been going extremely slowly, and in about 10 days, I received about 500 or so cards, and I still have... 19786 cards left. :eek:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but despite using the fast option, things have been very uneven.
I had days where I reached 150-180 cards, and others, like yesterday, where I received only 20 or 30 cards.

Is there any safe way to speed this up, so I can get cards faster, without getting in trouble with Valve?
Enable turbo mode if you haven’t. Last december I farmed like 1000 a day with it and made like $150 in a week lol

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
But, things have been going extremely slow, and in about 10 days, I received about 500 or so cards, and I still have... 19786 cards left. :eek:

I had days where I reached 150-180 cards, and others. like yesterday, where I received only 20 or 30 cards.

I got my first card in Hitman 2 after 60 hours played.
The standard for the first drop used to be after 15 minutes played, I don't know if it has been changed. There was a time where you got "punished" if you have refunded a game before. The first drop would be after 2 hours. Not sure if it has been changed too.

I believe that the devs/publisher set the drop time rate. So there is nothing really you can do. Even using the fast mode, it's just using a glitch in the Steam system to get drops faster. So it's not really reliable way to gain cards quicker. There isn't anything you can do apart using the fast mode

There is another tool called ASF, maybe you can take a look on this. I think you don't even need a Steam client installed to use this tool. So you can install this on a low-end computer and let it idle when you are sleeping.

Deleted member 113

Enable turbo mode if you haven’t. Last december I farmed like 1000 a day with it and made like $150 in a week lol
How do I do that?

I'm not seeing an option on Idle Master to do that (I have a "fast mode" option, which is already selected, and then a "whitelist mode", and options to idle each game individually, idle games simultaneously up to 2 hours, then individually; and idle games for more than 2 hours individually, and then simultaneously).
For the past 2 hours, I managed to get just 8 or 9 cards. At this rate, I should be finished in Christmas 2021 (or 2022). :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Edit: Also, since I keep complaining that I'm level 120+ on Steam, and I never receive booster packs, nor Foil cards, while other fellow users frequently get them, I would just like to point out that in 600 cards (or close to it) that dropped using Idle Master in these last 10 days or so, you know how many foils I received? 1!

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I kind of need your help Meta. I'm looking for uplifting games to try and lift my spirits, either through the writing and atmosphere or the world's beauty. Things like Spiritfarer or Rime. Does any come to mind that's come out recently?

Thanks!
The answer you are looking for is called OKAMI. The changes you make to the world are so uplifting, pair that with the excellent OST and you are set for quite a trip ;)

Edit: It's great to see you JCB :highfiveblob:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Lmao what a bunch of scumbags 606 Games is.

I wish people would boycott them, but who am I dictating who people want to support.
I've decided to stop supporting shitty devs and publishers a long time ago. And I still have hundreds of games in my backlog and even more on my wistlist. You can't dictate other people, but by supporting, reviewing and recommending games from pro-consumer devs you're doing your part. 🙂

Anyway, it's incredible how Remedy always seems to pick shitty publishers. Their upcoming games are published by Epic, so it's unlikely to improve.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Then that's a really good design decision in my selfish book. It really turned me off the series and that impression, as you can see, lingered for years.
As you can imagine, it's a very divisive decision for long-term series fans. The time management aspect was a rather unique feature of the games. I can absolutely understand frustration with it, but getting rid of it also removes one dimension from the gameplay.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
How do I do that?

I'm not seeing an option on Idle Master to do that (I have a "fast mode" option, which is already selected, and then a "whitelist mode", and options to idle each game individually, idle games simultaneously up to 2 hours, then individually; and idle games for more than 2 hours individually, and then simultaneously).
For the past 2 hours, I managed to get just 8 or 9 cards. At this rate, I should be finished in Christmas 2021 (or 2022). :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Edit: Also, since I keep complaining that I'm level 120+ on Steam, and I never receive booster packs, nor Foil cards, while other fellow users frequently get them, I would just like to point out that in 600 cards (or close to it) that dropped using Idle Master in these last 10 days or so, you know how many foils I received? 1!
Fast Mode is turbo mode. I think im using an older version because mine is still called Turbo lol. Personally for me ill go like 30 minutes without any drops the get like 50 all at once.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The answer you are looking for is called OKAMI. The changes you make to the world are so uplifting, pair that with the excellent OST and you are set for quite a trip ;)

Edit: It's great to see you JCB :highfiveblob:
Fantastic idea, thank you! Though people mentioned a lot of backtracking and tedium, is it that bad?

As you can imagine, it's a very divisive decision for long-term series fans. The time management aspect was a rather unique feature of the games. I can absolutely understand frustration with it, but getting rid of it also removes one dimension from the gameplay.
I can definitively understand the fan's frustration even if I disagree with it. But I'm also not a fan, so perhaps I shouldn't have as much a say. It still put me off the games, so it's a bit of a pickle for the studio.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Fantastic idea, thank you! Though people mentioned a lot of backtracking and tedium, is it that bad?
There is some backtracking and the beginning can be a bit slow but after that you can set your own pace. Give it a chance, it's such a wonderful game with lots of exciting little touches.

• Hug
Reactions: Swenhir

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I kind of need your help Meta. I'm looking for uplifting games to try and lift my spirits, either through the writing and atmosphere or the world's beauty. Things like Spiritfarer or Rime. Does any come to mind that's come out recently?

Thanks!
Annapurna has a lot of titles that fit that criteria. Unfinished Swan, if found, Journey, Flower, Outer Wilds, and Gorogoa are all on Steam.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Decided to buy Last Campfire on my Switch as I really want to play the game and because fuck Epic, will get it on Steam next year though.

Same thing with Tony Hawk, however I rented it for my PS4 for a friend.

I could however see that Im getting the PS5 as a console exclusive and EGS avoidance device. :p

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Annapurna has a lot of titles that fit that criteria. Unfinished Swan, if found, Journey, Flower, Outer Wilds, and Gorogoa are all on Steam.
Swenhir this all the way.

Knights and bikes is also very wholesome.
A short Hike.
The stillness of the wind.
Vane

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Remove everything except Original Sin 2.
Everything was removed :coffee-blob:

The Council - Ending is infamous for being bad (though I'm not sure I will agree) and I'm not gonna play it soon
The Surge 2 - Not in the mood to rage right now
Disgaea 1 - Already played years ago, don't like the low res sprites, I may as well play the PSP version again
Divinity 2 - Didn't play the first one, so as good as the price is...

I succeeded on all my will saves :kissing-face:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Everything was removed :coffee-blob:

The Council - Ending is infamous for being bad (though I'm not sure I will agree) and I'm not gonna play it soon
The Surge 2 - Not in the mood to rage right now
Disgaea 1 - Already played years ago, don't like the low res sprites, I may as well play the PSP version again
Divinity 2 - Didn't play the first one, so as good as the price is...

I succeeded on all my will saves :kissing-face:
Now your shopping cart is ready for Hardspace Shipbreaker.:cat-heart-blob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Eh, Okami is divisive, some people adore it, some people where bored to death.

Knights and bikes is also very wholesome.
A short Hike.
The stillness of the wind.
Vane
Oh yeah, Knights & Bikes looks good.

Now your shopping cart is ready for Hardspace Shipbreaker.:cat-heart-blob:
Yeah, a little too pricey and still EA, but the game is definitely on my wishlist.

Reactions: Mor and Cacher

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Thank you kindly. Unfortunately Annapurna is one of the prime EGS moneyhat-takers, so I boycott their games in that light for the time being. But those individual games are all awesome indeed!

Okami and Slime Rancher are ones I'm really looking at because of their lower prices, Ryza afterwards :).

• Love
Reactions: Echoes and Arsene

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Man, filtering your Steam library by 'unplayed' is pretty depressing. Ive got 162. Plus i know there is more as i used idlemaster for a bit to get some cards.

Reactions: Tomasety

Deleted member 113

I'm in the mood to play a game like Mass Effect.

I played the first 2 games on an Xbox 360, but never played part 3.
Since the game uses the saves of previous games, and I have none for PC, I'll probably play the trilogy one of these days, but considering the mess that is the current DLC situation for the series on Steam (the DLCs for 3 are available on Steam, but not the ones for the previous games), and the rumours of a remastered trilogy release, I'll probably wait.

OK, to cut a long story short: Mass Effect Andromeda is currently on sale.
May I ask:
-is it worth it?
-does it spoil anything from Mass Effect 3 (which I haven't played it)? Would I miss out on anything for temporarily skipping part 3?
-the DLC listed on Steam is all for the multiplayer mode, right? And is it only early unlocks, or does it include anything not obtainable otherwise?

And finally, since the ME: Andromeda + Dragon Age Inquisition pack is cheap-ish at the moment: is there any DLC that is not include on the Steam versions of these games?

thanks ;)

Reactions: Li Kao and QFNS

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Have you played The Outer Worlds? That's also a game quite a bit like Mass Effect (IMHO) which you could consider. I haven't played Andromeda so I can't help you with that.

Reactions: QFNS

Deleted member 113

Have you played The Outer Worlds? That's also a game quite a bit like Mass Effect (IMHO) which you could consider. I haven't played Andromeda so I can't help you with that.
No, and I'm very much looking forward to play it, since I love Tim Cain's work.
But, since the game is currently unavailable on Steam (it should launch next month), I was waiting until then. ;)

Reactions: lashman

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
it will not spoil me3 for you, in the storyline the andromeda mission was started before the events of 3 so it basically doesn't exist for those characters. it references the older games a bit but not in a major way and it's pretty much a standalone title.

the drawback is that andromeda is uh...kinda bland. the overall plot isn't bad but also not great, which is fine cause mass effect was never really a deep and grand story because it based a lot of the player involvement on bonding with the characters. that's the bigger drawback for me of andromeda: the characters are kinda wack. very one note and a few of them just really turned me off with fandom-baiting personalities (peebee) and the rough and weird dialogue that was not how any person would actually talk.

the game itself actually does play pretty well and is much better than launch cause a lot of the bugs have been fixed. there's just not much to it compared to the first trilogy. i wasn't upset with the game, it just sorta felt like going through the motions of making a bioware style space game that they titled "mass effect" (if that makes sense). maybe a better way to put it is that it felt like it was made by someone who only read what mass effect was on wikipedia.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
No, and I'm very much looking forward to play it, since I love Tim Cain's work.
But, since the game is currently unavailable on Steam (it should launch next month), I was waiting until then. ;)
I came away fairly ambivalently from The Outer World. There's a great game in there, but it's not given the time it needs, everything suffers by the lack of scale.
Which strikes me as funny, since I often find myself annoyed by how long games can be, but for the kind of experience that Obsidians RPGs tend to be, having a lot of things to explore and engage with is super important. Cutting down on that makes everything feel, just wrong. Like you're hitting fast forward while watching a movie.

Deleted member 113

I came away fairly ambivalently from The Outer World. There's a great game in there, but it's not given the time it needs, everything suffers by the lack of scale.
Which strikes me as funny, since I often find myself annoyed by how long games can be, but for the kind of experience that Obsidians RPGs tend to be, having a lot of things to explore and engage with is super important. Cutting down on that makes everything feel, just wrong. Like you're hitting fast forward while watching a movie.
Yeah, I head some mixed things about it, but I'm still curious to check it out. :)

---

On another note, in alternative to Mass Effect Andromeda, any recommendations for:
-an open world game with exploration, in a setting with nature (woods, mountains, ...) or a small town, and driving?
-an open world game with exploration, in a pirate-y setting (meaning, travelling by boat, exploring islands, ...)?

thanks ;)

Reactions: QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.