Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Yes and no. There's a place that is intertwined with the main path and that you should start poking at before the end of Chapter 1 I believe. Varnhold though, I think it can be done later.
Thanks for the clarification. ;)

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Saints Row IV collection and Homefront Revolution (base game only, will get DLCs when they'll drop further), are historically lowest right now.
Should I grab them?

Reactions: lashman

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So, will my 700W psu hold for the new cards or do I need to start looking for a new one?

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019

pc gamer is hit and miss sometimes but wes nailed this one. it's really dumb that we still play this "let's pretend no pc port until suddenly there's always been a pc port" game with so many new big deal console titles.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Good for him. Seeing how every single one of his most recent project came to a halt or is in development hell, the current state of the industry was clearly not one that fit his way of working.

I still believe Beyond will release and just be one more Ubisoft open world title.

Wild is dead, Jim.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
To me the kicker is that BG&E2 is one of the very, very rare games trying to do solar system-scale while keeping to a character-centered perspective. The amount of games that have managed to do that so far can be counted on a single hand.

I really don't want it to fail nor be a drab, bullshit Ubi-formula game.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I'm in a bad mood today: They'll ruin it anyway. Like they ruin everything with their stupid exclusivity deals, bad ports and greedy fomo PR.
Who am I talking about? All of them: Crytek, Sony, Epic, Microsoft, Nvidia, AMD and co.

Stupid video game companies running video games.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
They're all trying to sell something and with consoles being the new hotness for the next few months i expect that to be their focus and they'll start talking about PC releases next year, maybe. I've found it's best not to really care about ports until they're released.

Get back into the shadows, peeps, none of the AAA crowd care about us anymore.
AAA Gaming is no longer my friend.
Friendship with Gaben, GOG, Itch & Humble restarted.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
In regards to console exclusives Im playing the waiting game and my giant ass PC backlog is making it pretty easy.

It sucks they are cagey about it and Im not buying a 660$ PS5 disk version (yes, it's the price here) and use 95$ on Demon's Souls and I assume 60-80$ on FFXVI when I can wait 1 year or whatever and buy the PS5 and the games for cheaper price in case they don't show up on PC or maybe wait even longer.

Because if there is something Ive learned, it's that my PC backlog will never be reduced, there's always something I want to play and at some point PS5 and it's game prices will drop and go on sale and FOMO is marketing manipulation bullshit.

And this is a big change for me as Ive always bought PS consoles and launch, but not his time.

So to Sony, Square and other companies who are cagey about PC releases: fuck em, I'll wait.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Now my computer chair makes issues too, has my setup been cursed?! grrrrr
Well, luckily there are some decent chairs you can get for a cool 1.5K €.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I generally avoid dropping $60 for a game
But i may do it for
Guilty gear strive and deathloop in 2021
Maybe
Chances are i can get these gamss cheaper thru key selling sites...except deathloop :v

Reactions: Ge0force

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
In other news: Fortnite apparently released the RTX update a couple days ago and strangely enough nobody cares.
The game is big and you'd think tech outlets would be all over it, but nothing.
Always said, Fortnite is somehow a completely different audience.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
QFNS Im making good progress in Spelunky. Its definitely clicked for me. I can now get through the first levels pretty consistently. I see what you mean about running the whole thing from the start rather than taking the shortcuts. You build up some better equipment. My current strategy is to try and see what the guys wants as his last request to open up a shortcut and then get through from the start with the stuff. Means i practice the levels and then have a real go at making it through the whole game. Im enjoying it.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Pretty sure they have a contract with Epic that prevents them to release non-VR games on Steam.
Maybe, but overall I think they are trying to ignore Steam and I think they thought it would go better than it has.

Who knows what Ubi plans to do, but I for sure can think that revenue from PC has been reduced a lot considering the platform userbase went from 34% to 20%.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
QFNS Im making good progress in Spelunky. Its definitely clicked for me. I can now get through the first levels pretty consistently. I see what you mean about running the whole thing from the start rather than taking the shortcuts. You build up some better equipment. My current strategy is to try and see what the guys wants as his last request to open up a shortcut and then get through from the start with the stuff. Means i practice the levels and then have a real go at making it through the whole game. Im enjoying it.
One of us! One of us!

I too am relearning a lot of stuff. Trying to remember how to rob shops safely continues to end my runs lol.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Deleted member 113

Pretty cool bundle:

-Dry Drowning
-Leap of Fate
-Silver Chains
-System Crash
-Furious Angels
-The Adventure Pals
-Replica
-Republique
-Bot Vice
-The Slater
-Remnants of Naezith
-Precipice

Anyone wants to "split" one?
I only want Dry Drowning and System Crash. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I don't like spelunky.

Never did.

Don't understand it, can't get into it, it controls like garbo.

And don't get it twisted, my middle gaming name is 'rogue-like'.

Just not that one.
I was exactly the same. Tried it quite a few times. Thought it controlled weird (i use a controller). Couldn't really get into it. Got annoyed at the (seemingly) cheap deaths it threw out.
These last few days i've decided to give it a proper go and i would say after a good couple of hours session it started to click. I now am about 12 hours playtime and i'm enjoying it.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
avoid the crysis remaster on pc atleast

"lean" is removed

Crouch is toggle only, it also feels awkward

no grenade quick throw

Aim is hold only

you have to scroll through weapons for selection

there is no separate keybind for pistol/fists, you have to use the weapon wheel

no "suit shortcuts" from original game (unless u select original suit mode)

Missing in game interaction with props, such as tree branches

cant punch enemy's if you pick them up like in original

menu and menu options are 30fps limited

mouse sensitivity is bugged and even on lowest settings feels extreme speed on flip side when you toggle ads your sensitivty goes wack and can hardly aim

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018

"lean" is removed

no grenade quick throw

Aim is hold only

mouse sensitivity is bugged and even on lowest settings feels extreme speed on flip side when you toggle ads your sensitivty goes wack and can hardly aim

Sounds awful, thanks for the heads up.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Cyberpunk specs seem in line with Red Dead 2 specs for example. Recommended specs seem to be targeting 1080/30 with console settings.

Just wait for the optimized DF settings and I'm sure the game will run super well on current hardware.

Reactions: Tomasety

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018

"lean" is removed

no grenade quick throw

Aim is hold only

- Runs @10 fps just like in 2008.

So menus rendering is 300% improved :smart-thinking-blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.