Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
That's what I'd hope. Full pc release of the HD legacy collection the PS3 got or nothing really.
Yeah, that's the dream scenario, obviously. But I wouldn't say it's all or nothing, personally. I'd settle for just the HD collection (MGS2, 3, PW). That seems more realistic.

A part of me thinks MGS4 will remain stuck on PS3 forever. That game pushed the PS3 to its limits so much that they had to hack together this convoluted process where every single act required a separate installation. The codebase for that game has to be an absolute clusterfuck and I would not envy someone who has to untangle that mess to get it running on modern, sane architecture. I think it's telling that they didn't even put it on PS4.

Then again, MGS4 on Steam is one of those things I would've put on a "never gonna happen" list alongside stuff like:

• Persona
  • Bloodborne
  • Sony/MS first-party stuff
  • a ton of other Japanese titles
And I've stopped counting how many times I've been proven wrong at this point. So who knows...

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

• PC launch “nearly as large” as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
  • Launch month sales were up 50% compared to the PC edition of Death Stranding.
  • PC launch month sales “significantly” larger than Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s following that game’s October 5, 2018 release.
Here's the source apparently.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• PC launch “nearly as large” as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
  • Launch month sales were up 50% compared to the PC edition of Death Stranding.
  • PC launch month sales “significantly” larger than Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s following that game’s October 5, 2018 release.
Here's the source apparently.
Take with a huge grain of salt anything that comes from Superdata. :cat-heart-blob:

DesolationStone

Sep 17, 2020
Italy
noblogo.org
A part of me thinks MGS4 will remain stuck on PS3 forever. That game pushed the PS3 to its limits so much that they had to hack together this convoluted process where every single act required a separate installation. The codebase for that game has to be an absolute clusterfuck and I would not envy someone who has to untangle that mess to get it running on modern, sane architecture. I think it's telling that they didn't even put it on PS4.
The guy who created the MGS2 V's Fix told me on Italian Game Forum that the Engine of MGS4 was already ported and tested on Pc
(Metal Gear Arcade)
Anyway, the work to bring all the games into one collection on a pc would be incredible to say the least, much harder than the Halo MCC which has been a tough nut to crack :fearful-face:

Reactions: C-Dub and ISee

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Would the drinks need to be red or purple if it was trolling as Nintendo or Sony? Microsoft isn't going to buy everything not nailed down.
edit: Sorry, i'm just old man yelling at clouds over this, since apparently gaming™'s collective memory thinks this tis the first time publishers have gone on buying sprees and all the speculation and hoopla is getting annoying.
No, I agree with you. I think there is something going on between Sega and Microsoft (we will know soon), but this tweet is just a normal, fun tweet rather than a tease.

Deleted member 113

I forgot Ginga Force is launching tomorrow:

The price is supposed to be $19,99 (not sure on prices in other currencies).

• Love
Reactions: Echoes and Avern

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

We have decided to cancel Among Us 2 and instead put all our focus into improving Among Us 1. All of the content we had planned for Among Us 2 will instead go into Among Us 1.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Speaking of remembering games...

I'm trying to remember a game that came out on steam 3 or 4 years ago. It was a 3D platformer and an OG Xbox game. Had a little bit of fanfare but not a big release or anything like that.

Does anyone remember something like that?

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Squenix sale
Almost everything is just 50% off

Speaking of remembering games...

I'm trying to remember a game that came out on steam 3 or 4 years ago. It was a 3D platformer and an OG Xbox game. Had a little bit of fanfare but not a big release or anything like that.

Does anyone remember something like that?
?

Edit: you all are too fast lol

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Phil's favorite game.

I remember buying it from a grey market over here, and the guy selling it kept pronouncing it "Vodoo Vines" lol
-------
How is FF XII more expensive than FF XV. Help me understand...

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
Square Enix is pretty odd with they how they discount their games and how they do anything in general. Their western games go on deep sales relatively fast, but their japanese games, no matter how old, almost never go below 50 percents.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's more like they never bother to update their pricings. Maintaining Steam is probably just a single person's side job at SE.
They do update it, it just takes literal years
What do you expect from Ito?

He's gotta clean al those offices at SE, and maintain their Steam catalogue too, as well as take care of writing patches for all their PC ports.
Only so much a single ex-game producer can do.

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
FFIX is more expensive than X/X-2 Remaster, FFXIII, and FFVIII Remaster. Square what are you doing. Although, admittedly, not by much, but how does Square price their products.

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
When is parasite eve getting on Steam??????????????

E:I genuinely can't believe there was insider dumb enough to confirm on era and that was there was someone even more dumber to make a thread about it

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cacher

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Serious Sam has fans?
I always had the impression it's a franchise that simply exists somehow and no one knows why, like Sniper Ghost Warrior or King's Bounty
I mean Second Encounter was fantastic, a top tier game, and the remakes from years ago were rock solid as well. Serious Sam FE was decent. Bogus Journey was a great 360 degree shooter.

I'd say SE especially stands among the best FPS of all time. So it's no Sniper Ghost Warrior, and its peak is better than most popular series.

Pretty legit list of the top shooters of 2002:

Serious Sam stood right up with NOLF, Battlefield, Soldier of Fortune, and Medal of Honor...

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Oh frick yes, MARE devs responded to me and said they've almost finished it and will try putting out new material soon. I thought it's dead but I kept hoping!

This MARE, after over 1,5 year of radio silence finally I can expect to see more of this goodness :love:

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Mor

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Sony fans who now go with the rhetoric that timed exclusives aren't as bad as buying out studios for full exclusives forget that 3/4 of Japanese publishers omit Xbox out of principle and Sony has free exclusivity for those games, while the few big Japanese publishers who release on Xbox like Square end up having their games moneyhated for timed exclusivity as well. So Xbox is missing almost entire market of Japanese games for pretty much no reason, and on top of that Sony buys timed exclusivity for Western games too. Xbox would be left with first-party and the few big Western franchises like CoD and Ubisoft games once again if they didn't step in somehow. Sony only has themselves and Japanese devs/publishers mentality to blame for what's happened. I mean, when you see some developers cry about Sony censorship, yet they still keep releasing their games on PS and continue to omit Xbox (and sometimes even PC and Switch too), that's just Stockholm syndrome and you have no right to complain.
The censorship thing is weird, if they really wanted to they could just leave PS and only release on PC and N/S. I mean on PC at least something like 40k for Japan seems possible. Or are some of the nice Japanese games that people are worried about being censored in Japan as well, doing over 300k on average or something. And if that is the case then losing the PS4 would be a big loss for those devs

Reactions: Cacher

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The Witcher 3 will get free RTX and other upgrades for all platforms when the new gen launches. Cyberpunk will feature Smart delivery.

And Sony wants OG Spiderman buyers to pony up 30 bucks for the remaster of the most 'just 0kay' open world game out there. *laughs
ohhh then it all makes a lot more sense now.

People were wondering well why would SIE remaster Bloodborne if the PS5 is BC.... I guess that answers that especially if they do plan to add new stuff in.

Also as a reminder DQ XI S is a day one on game pass crazy!!!!!

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
First time I’ve heard rumors about new content in BBR. Any comment from any of our insiders on here maybe?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Skyrim will not be pre-installed in all new Windows machines.

Today 2 banners were displayed, they are switching between them. :cat-heart-blob:

ouch so it looks like Goose game lost it's banner I guess it was not as popular after all this time. It still shows up as the first capsule along with Hades.

that puts that sega buyout to bed lol
For now... I do hope that we can find a translated video though since I am curious about what Xbox Japan does to represent itself sort of a thing.

• Toucan
Reactions: Tomasety and ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.