Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Well that seems like a potentially proper remake, with the exception of the snowy modern city. Still seems pretty light on detail and feels very much PS3/X360 era, but we'll see!

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
You mean the one with the three characters sitting is purely Japan/Asia? Bit of a waste, I agree.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I mean, I want to point out that this still looks like something of a PS3 game up-rezzed, but I think it looks about on par with Automata which square STILL hasn't patched

That being said, given that age of those games, between the gameplay overhaul and the apparent care given to many aspects of that remake, I can understand the hype.

Then I remember it's square and they'll price it at 70$ and I'm glad I don't need it :p.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I mean, I want to point out that this still looks like something of a PS3 game up-rezzed, but I think it looks about on par with Automata which square STILL hasn't patched

That being said, given that age of those games, between the gameplay overhaul and the apparent care given to many aspects of that remake, I can understand the hype.

Then I remember it's square and they'll price it at 70$ and I'm glad I don't need it :p.
Well to be fair they've been pretty clear its not a remake. Just an ehanced expanded version of the original game. Like how Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal are.

If they charge $60 for it I cant blame them. Replicant never got localized until now, and with the new content + new platforms a $60 price tag is understandable.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Well to be fair they've been pretty clear its not a remake. Just an ehanced expanded version of the original game. Like how Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal are.

If they charge $60 for it I cant blame them. Replicant never got localized until now, and with the new content + new platforms a $60 price tag is understandable.
Not a remake? With that gameplay overhaul? Well then it's a really nice job of a remaster, I won't lie.

I totally blame them for a 60$ price tag though. To me the right price for a game like this is around 20-40$. The Homeworld Remaster was priced just right at 35$ for instance. This game isn't in any way competitive with a modern game in production values, which is mainly what drives the price. Not to crap on it in any way, the price doesn't dictate how much one is allowed to love a game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
That 4Chan rumor that MS is trying to buy Valve is hilarious. I mean, I don't think MS is even trying to buy Valve. Valve is private and self-funded so noone other than some people at Valve knows how much they are valued, but it's definetly far more than Zenimax. Steam has a massive global audience reach, also in markets where console gaming is declining while PC gaming and mobile is growing like China and Japan.

• Eyes

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
5.5 hours til ffxiv announcements...if i have my timezones right

i think its probably going to be mostly about new merch so perhaps not worth getting too excited for

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
what do i look like here? someone who reads or remembers things? 😆 i see yoko taro and yoshi p and i wait next to the screen til they appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.