Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Feel little sad now that Ive finished Psychonauts 2, what to play next and how can anything feels as good, think I might have to play lots of Minecraft as a cleanser.
The past few days has made me want to go back and see if I could beat Meat Circus after bouncing off it years ago, feeling I had gotten my moneys worth with the first game and then go play the second

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
They may technically and legally be in the right (fuck current copyright laws), but if there is one way to poison the well, it's to go after groups like this with lawyers
It's corporate greed, pure and simple. Half the people on the planet will buy the GTA remake/remasters when they come out and there is no possible way T2's revenue will be affected by a bunch of modders exercising their creativity. It's setting a bad precedent for any reverse engineering projects on any platform.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Does anyone know if the discount on GMG is bigger on Deathloop with a gold membership? Someone on the steam forums mentioned there's a discount at Gold but I can see one as well but I'm bronze currently for 22% off . Also I don't know if it's new but Deathloop on GMG are Steam keys now instead of Bethesda keys. I believe WinGameStore is also Steam if anyone wants to buy it there. Everywhere else still says Bethesda.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Does anyone know if the discount on GMG is bigger on Deathloop with a gold membership? Someone on the steam forums mentioned there's a discount at Gold but I can see one as well but I'm bronze currently for 22% off . Also I don't know if it's new but Deathloop on GMG are Steam keys now instead of Bethesda keys. I believe WinGameStore is also Steam if anyone wants to buy it there. Everywhere else still says Bethesda.
I'm seeing it with a 22% discount as well, I have the gold tier.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Even the retail version of the game seems to be tied to steam after all:

The PC version of Deathloop will be a game code printed on an insert inside the game case. This code can be redeemed on BNET and will link to steam. Redemption instructions will be included.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
It's a sad day for my old ass PC when I have to turn a crpg like pathfinder to mostly medium settings to get a relatively stable 60fps. Of course this is a Unity game so I'm using the word stable very liberally. When some action happened in the beginning it stuttered to below 40 until enemies stopped appearing.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
"The PC version of Deathloop will be a game code printed on an insert inside the game case. This code can be redeemed on BNET and will link to steam. Redemption instructions will be included. "

Sounds like it was last minute change.

Reverse of this basically

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
The past few days has made me want to go back and see if I could beat Meat Circus after bouncing off it years ago, feeling I had gotten my moneys worth with the first game and then go play the second
In case you didn't know, they patched the worst parts a few years ago to make it easier.

• Disapproval
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Reading about Sonic Color Ultimate on Twitter and the ERA review thread, now I understand why SEGA took EGS timed exclusive money, the game is a mess everywhere, technical issues, bugs, seems like a really half-assed remaster. Also:

Like SEGA new the game would be a shitshow so they decided to get that EGS money, no need to get it now, wait a year anyways and see if they fix the game.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Reading about Sonic Color Ultimate on Twitter and the ERA review thread, now I understand why SEGA took EGS timed exclusive money, the game is a mess everywhere, technical issues, bugs, seems like a really half-assed remaster. Also:

Like SEGA knew the game would be a shitshow so they decided to get that EGS money, no need to get it now, wait a year anyways and see if they fix the game.
I mean, it was pretty clear why they went EGS route for this and for Troy and why none of the other ones went that way.

Troy was going to get smashed by fans becase Saga and because a good amount of problems, did it happen? IT HAPPENED!

Sonic Colors was in dev hell because we know that the deal was signed at the same moment as Troy and game was supposed to come out in 2020 thanks to the database entry, now that it releases we see it's a complete disaster, so, if Epic is willing to pay, why not? SEGA has used EGS as their trash can since day 1 and it's not the only company.

Meanwhile, as Arsene said, Monkey Ball is cheaper, comes in a more complete package and it's full of collaborations from different IPs and SURPRISE, it's coming to Steam, not EGS.

So yeah, you can see which one is a priority and which one is not. Funniest part is that SEGA has already confirmed Steam for Sonic in one of their streams, so yeah, lol.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Interesting to see how yet another multistore release is doing. Pathfinder released everywhere and has been on top global seller on Steam since the day before release. So I guess the wordings from Epic in the leaked documents of being "super crappy" when it comes to revenue on EGS for multistore releases is still true-

Hoping this starts to mark the end of Bethnet.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Weekend PC Game Deals (credit to Neowin)

Bundles:
Humble Best of Stealth Bundle
Fanatical Platinum Collection - Build your own Bundle

Free Events:
Anno 1800
Watch Dogs: Legion

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War (Multiplayer/Zombies only)
Hood: Outlaws & Legends
No Man's Sky$29.99 on Steam
Watch Dogs Legion$24 on Ubisoft Store
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5$23.99 on Steam
Foundation - Early Access$22.49 on Steam
Per Aspera$20.09 on Steam
STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order$19.99 on Steam
Devil May Cry 5 + Vergil$19.79 on Steam
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition$17.99 on Steam
Hood: Outlaws & Legends$17.99 on Steam
Call of the Sea$14.99 on Steam
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition$14.99 on Fanatical
Rolling Line$14.99 on Steam
Civilization VI: Platinum Edition$14.68 on Steam
Paradise Killer$13.99 on Steam
Remnant From the Ashes - $13.19 on Fanatical (thank you Tomasety)
Spiritfarer$12.49 on IndieGala
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands$12.30 on GreenManGaming
Disgaea 5 Complete$11.99 on Steam
Suzerain$10.49 on Steam
Kerbal Space Program$9.99 on Steam
Moving Out$9.99 on Steam
Move or Die 4 Pack$9.99 on Steam
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY Edition$9.99 on Steam
Praetorians - HD Remaster$9.99 on Steam
DmC: Devil May Cry Complete Pack$9.99 on Steam
Dungeons 3$9.89 on Steam
Genesis Noir$9.74 on Steam
Coffee Talk$9.09 on Steam
Frostpunk$8.99 on Steam
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1$8.99 on Steam
Big Pharma$8.49 on Steam
Sudden Strike 4$7.99 on Steam
Battle Chasers: Nightwar$7.49 on Steam
Atomicrops$7.49 on Steam
Commandos Pack$7.49 on Steam
WHAT THE GOLF?$6.79 on Steam
Grim Dawn$6.24 on Steam
When The Past Was Around$5.99 on Steam
The Darkside Detective$5.84 on Steam
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier$4.99 on Steam
Tropico Trilogy$4.99 on Steam
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun$3.99 on Steam
Curious Expedition$3.74 on Steam
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon$2.99 on Steam
ibb & obb$2.39 on Steam
F1 RACE STARS Complete Edition - $0.49 on Fanatical (thank you Tomasety)
Battlefield 1 Shortcut Kit: Infantry DLC$0 on Steam
Yoku's Island Express$0 on Epic Store
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition - $17.99 on GOG
Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition - $15.99 on GOG
Control Ultimate Edition - $15.99 on GOG
Tyranny - Standard Edition - $14.99 on GOG
Northgard - $11.99 on GOG
Ghostrunner - $11.99 on GOG
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY Edition - $9.99 on GOG
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - $8.99 on GOG
Geneforge Saga - $7.49 on GOG
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - $4.99 on GOG
Avernum: The Complete Saga - $3.59 on GOG
Homeworld Remastered Collection - $3.49 on GOG
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced - $2.99 on GOG
Patrician 3 - $2.49 on GOG
Disciples 2 Gold - $1.99 on GOG
Jagged Alliance 2 - $1.99 on GOG
Stronghold Crusader HD - $1.99 on GOG
Homeworld: Emergence - $0.99 on GOG
Divine Divinity - $0.59 on GOG
If there's anything missing or cheaper, let me know :)

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

Like SEGA new the game would be a shitshow so they decided to get that EGS money, no need to get it now, wait a year anyways and see if they fix the game.
They left dev tools in the game's files, including proprietary ones like the Wii SDK and Sonic Team tools.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I often see digs at running windows in admin mode these days. I imagine it's a security risk, but I vaguely recall annoying issues when not running in admin. Vaguely.
I... don't know how to change the status of my account :confounded-face:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

I gotta give Tim Sweeney props, the notion of a boutique bargain bin is surely completely unheard of within capitalism.

• Toucan
Reactions: prudis

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
You know, I have scheduled the next months and I'm basically full with Hitman 1-2, The Witcher 2-3, Endwalker, Halo Infinite MP and maybe a couple of jrpgs I have in the backlog before Elden Ring, yet somehow I only want Bloodborne to come out and leave out the rest
Yes, it's one of those days

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You know, I have scheduled the next months and I'm basically full with Hitman 1-2, The Witcher 2-3, Endwalker, Halo Infinite MP and maybe a couple of jrpgs I have in the backlog before Elden Ring, yet somehow I only want Bloodborne to come out and leave out the rest
Yes, it's one of those days
That's my everyday feeling.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Any recomendations for mouse? i own a logitech g403 and i love it but the mouse wheel is wonky, its making me crazy :(

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Any recomendations for mouse? i own a logitech g403 and i love it but the mouse wheel is wonky, its making me crazy :(
Yeah the wheel on my G502 is dying and that's driving my insane. But fuck, mouse are pricey.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and PhaZZe

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I use a Corsair Ironclaw wired mouse and it's been great for me. I have reprogrammed one of the thumb buttons to be middle click and use that instead of the scroll wheel. To be honest Logitech are no longer the only company with a rep for weak buttons i think i've seen the same complaints regarding button clicks, spinning wheels, sticky wheels or broken wheel clicks on nearly every mouse i've looked at.

Although i have small hands for a bloke i use palm grip and always have so i need a large mouse and the logitech mice are just a touch too small for me.

I have heard good things about Steelseries lately so maybe look at those? Corsair Harpoon and Katar Pro are both around £25 and i'm sure other companies have cheapish mice too. no need to spend £80+ on features and sensitivity you won't use.

Reactions: LEANIJA and PhaZZe

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I've got a Logitech g600, an MMO mouse with twelve buttons on the side. It's really useful for handling music playback and stuff.
I haven't had any scroll wheel issues, thankfully...
HmmmMMMmmm.
It's funky seeing mobile games find a place on Steam. Mobius Final Fantasy really was ahead of its time!

Status
Not open for further replies.